he's the only player i see leading by example
playing with that hustle

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They had the #1 pick for a reason.

They'll be building around Wall. He shouldnt be taking all those shots anyway.

But I doubt they'll be winning anything other than a Rookie or the Year award for wall maybe...and thats only IF Griffin breaks in half again.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One game, dude. ONE.

Gilbert's not even there yet.

But, I see a #10-13 seed there with them this year.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wall was bold saying 8th seed, but we'll see
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This team plays With horrible effort....A Gang full of young players that look like they lack true passion for the game...im not saying some dont on the wizards but what im seeing out there as a whole i would question a lot of these dudes Heart, this ? is pathetic, you dont have to Have Elite talent to give elite effort.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ....John Wall....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wall needs a jumpshot
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wall got that Andre Miller jumper, ? barely gets off the floor lol....i hate set shot shooters...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol, ? sayin' John hit the Wall already?
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They are not this bad, a lot of this is Orlando great defense around the basket.
  • Haun Solo
    Haun Solo Members Posts: 189
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's still just the first game. Wall did have that set shot though. Orlando only respected his shot when he drove to the basket. Give them time to gel.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its only one game
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its has to do with coaching. Seems like flip doesnt have control of his team. they have no ball movement and look to shoot as soon as they touch the ball
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    them ? decent on NBA2K11
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea there is no real talent on the team. no fat wing man to run with Wall. Please stop passing the ball to Blatche the dude is terrible. that ? was all garbage time scoring at the end of last year. They will look better when Arenas hits the court b/c he can score. The main problem is Flip Saunders is a lame duck coach. The players have disrespected him and done things to demean his coaching authority over and over again. they don't respect him at all.

And yeas they play the worse defense known to man in any sport
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    ....John Wall....

get off his ? .. the season just started let him get thru all-star break ...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The issue with the franchise is that they never truly got anyone who was a LEADER and anyone who shows and plays with HEART.

This team is built for a rookie PG who's going to learn to play the NBA without a manual. He's got no one to teach him and groom him to take control of this team. It's HIS TEAM, and there's no one to tell him how to take command and the talent around him is not that good. It's a patch work squad of journeymen and lifetime bench players. He's only as good as he's going to get with practicing against players like that. Once Washington gets another good player out there to run/play with him, then you'll see some good stuff from him. Otherwise, he can do only so much for someone with no NBA experience, even though he has a tremendous upside because of his speed, and you can see that he dishes damn near 10 assist a game (preseason included) with the players he has. So imagine if he played with knowledgeable and skilled players, who know how to rotate, cut, and run off screens to catch a pass and score, his assists to turnover ratio would be through the roof, and he wouldn't have to take as many shots.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol after one game against a top 3 team in the conference???
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol after one game against a top 3 team in the conference???
    LOL...you sound a little too happy to say that....LMAO
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL...you sound a little too happy to say that....LMAO

lol i was gonna say top 3 team in the league but i figured that would derail with the quickness
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if gilbert played the game might have been closer, in a way this game proved what i was saying over the summer, gilbert would have made things easier for him last night.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol @ ? putting Wizards and "Expectation" in the same sentence.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ....John Wall...
    238922_o.gif
  • FOREVER92
    FOREVER92 Members Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    The issue with the franchise is that they never truly got anyone who was a LEADER and anyone who shows and plays with HEART.

This team is built for a rookie PG who's going to learn to play the NBA without a manual. He's got no one to teach him and groom him to take control of this team. It's HIS TEAM, and there's no one to tell him how to take command and the talent around him is not that good. It's a patch work squad of journeymen and lifetime bench players. He's only as good as he's going to get with practicing against players like that. Once Washington gets another good player out there to run/play with him, then you'll see some good stuff from him. Otherwise, he can do only so much for someone with no NBA experience, even though he has a tremendous upside because of his speed, and you can see that he dishes damn near 10 assist a game (preseason included) with the players he has. So imagine if he played with knowledgeable and skilled players, who know how to rotate, cut, and run off screens to catch a pass and score, his assists to turnover ratio would be through the roof, and he wouldn't have to take as many shots.

i think thats why they brought kirk in
    hes a leader.. hes a vet
    hes a real good player even if his stats make him look average
    he plays with alot of heart
    but when gilbert a come in i dont know if its going to work
    he needs the ball in his hands to
    but cosign dude who said they look to shoot soon as they get the ball
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FOREVER92 wrote: »
    i think thats why they brought kirk in
    hes a leader.. hes a vet
    hes a real good player even if his stats make him look average
    he plays with alot of heart
    but when gilbert a come in i dont know if its going to work
    he needs the ball in his hands to
    but cosign dude who said they look to shoot soon as they get the ball

They murked the Wizards on the radio (SportsTalk 980) this afternoon talking about how everyone shoots the ball once they get it in their hands. They even played a audio piece of Marv Albert talking about how bad the entire teams shot selection is and the other announcer is calling the game and goes, "......and Yi for the 3 and a miss. Down comes Jameer Nelson, for 3!!!! It's good". Then they said once Gilbert comes back, the shot selection may get even worse, but at least Gil had success with taking crazy shots.

? was comedy......they always jokin' on the Wizards.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    calm down, they played a better game against the Hawks saturday night..

they will be fine.