SL Awards?

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Social Lounge
Well, it's about to be November and before we know it, it'll be the holiday season and 2011 will be right around the corner.

I know things still ain't what they used to be around here, but I was thinking, maybe we got enough posters to bring back some form of the SL Awards that used to go on around here. Obviously we gotta limit the categories since it's still a pretty small group, but we could maybe do 3 or 4.

So if you guys are down, let's discuss categories and throw out some possible nominees.

SL Poster of the Year, there's the usual suspects of Darcskies and KTULU, throw in a couple dark horses like Swiffness and some others. I dunno, I'm pretty bad at keeping track of who carries their weight for the forums.

Then we could do a best R&R poster category. Suggestions for nominees?

I was gonna say that we should have a "Most Insane Poster" category and just declare 2012 the winner by proclamation, but then I considered some people might rather vote for heyslick's "demented old man" shtick. We'll have to give that some thought.

So, how does this sound to everyone else? For those of you who weren't around when they used to do this, it's just for fun, nothing serious.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wasn't around before but it sounds cool. I don't even know where to start on what awards so Ill give this a minute before I offer any real input.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wasn't around before but it sounds cool. I don't even know where to start on what awards so Ill give this a minute before I offer any real input.

I was gonna mention you as another dark horse candidate, cause you stand out as someone who drops consistent posts with rational and considerate points of view, but I didn't wanna just list all the "establishment posters". I obviously have a bias against the considerable demographic that I refer to as "tinfoil hat posters", but I'm by no means the authority for this ? . Just wanna get the conversation rolling. All SL posters should have their say in how this goes down.

BUT, we are going to have to let somebody step up and lead on this. I'd say Janklow is perfect for the job, but I know a lot of posters refuse to believe he could ever be fair, so let's do whatever will bring the whole forum together to participate and have fun.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Janklow and O-Lang should both be moderates of it and start it up... they're the mods so might as well.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Janklow and O-Lang should both be moderates of it and start it up... they're the mods so might as well.

Yeah, I like that too. But I do think that in order for it to work, we need to have the posters who like to talk about....."alternative theories"......participate as well, or there won't be enough people. So for those to whom that applies, would you be down with this? Personally, I'd be open to an Alternate Theory Poster category, where we all seriously and respectfully choose which poster makes the best case for their point of view.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Yeah, I like that too. But I do think that in order for it to work, we need to have the posters who like to talk about....."alternative theories"......participate as well, or there won't be enough people. So for those to whom that applies, would you be down with this? Personally, I'd be open to an Alternate Theory Poster category, where we all seriously and respectfully choose which poster makes the best case for their point of view.

I like Alternate Theory, I'd have to go really look though because the ones that come right off the top aren't guys that try to back their claims or anything. It would have to depend on what Alternate Theory also encompasses, for example, I will argue in favor of aliens visiting the Earth in the past, Anthony7Q is all about blackroots, outside of that like I said most don't try to back their stuff up so I'd have to do a little research, that entire 9/11 thread was nothing but Youtube videos by the opposing theorists.

IMO there should be an award for the poster who never backs any of their claims up, I don't know what the category would be called, it could be the most insane but to me that's different from one another. I think it would be unanimous for 2012 in both so maybe put him up in one of them and the other leave him out of voting.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like Alternate Theory, I'd have to go really look though because the ones that come right off the top aren't guys that try to back their claims or anything. It would have to depend on what Alternate Theory also encompasses, for example, I will argue in favor of aliens visiting the Earth in the past, Anthony7Q is all about blackroots, outside of that like I said most don't try to back their stuff up so I'd have to do a little research, that entire 9/11 thread was nothing but Youtube videos by the opposing theorists.

IMO there should be an award for the poster who never backs any of their claims up, I don't know what the category would be called, it could be the most insane but to me that's different from one another. I think it would be unanimous for 2012 in both so maybe put him up in one of them and the other leave him out of voting.

LOL, if we made those two different categories, I'd say 2012 for "Most Insane" and heyslick for "Never Backs up Claims". 2012 at least offers his version of "backing up" claims, I just don't find it very legitimate (or sane, hence his award). Heyslick on the other hand will just repeat his initial claim when asked to back it up.

But enough ? -talk. Chike may be the most level-headed Alternate Theory poster for my money. Posters like me are never gonna find the case he makes convincing, but he's capable of having a reasonable discussion which includes his actual thoughts on matters.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2012 is the poster who best represents what the SL has been about the last year
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL, if we made those two different categories, I'd say 2012 for "Most Insane" and heyslick for "Never Backs up Claims". 2012 at least offers his version of "backing up" claims, I just don't find it very legitimate (or sane, hence his award). Heyslick on the other hand will just repeat his initial claim when asked to back it up.

But enough ? -talk. Chike may be the most level-headed Alternate Theory poster for my money. Posters like me are never gonna find the case he makes convincing, but he's capable of having a reasonable discussion which includes his actual thoughts on matters.

Yea Chike would be a strong candidate for alternative theory poster, I believe Vibe believes in the NWO as well, he don't post alot but when he was still a Christian and then just a bible follower me and him had some good long debates on multiple issues. The NWO one of them, not sure how he feels now though considering he gave up religion a few weeks ago.

What about best pro-white poster and best pro-black poster? It seems fitting
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What about best pro-white poster and best pro-black poster? It seems fitting

It'd be pretty clear cut.

Pro-Black: Darcskies vs. 2012

Pro-White: KTULU vs. heyslick

Of course, KTULU is just trolling but it doesn't matter how much anyone announces that or how obvious he makes it, much of the SL still thinks he's serious. He's like Andy Kaufman wrestling Jerry Lawler in Memphis (no JR reference intended) with all those redneck fans thinking that ? was for real
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It'd be pretty clear cut.

Pro-Black: Darcskies vs. 2012

Pro-White: KTULU vs. heyslick

Of course, KTULU is just trolling but it doesn't matter how much anyone announces that or how obvious he makes it, much of the SL still thinks he's serious. He's like Andy Kaufman wrestling Jerry Lawler in Memphis (no JR reference intended) with all those redneck fans thinking that ? was for real

Flip it, each winner has to be a member of the other race.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    heyslick is pro white?

i swear, i have never been able to tell what the hell he is talking about
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Flip it, each winner has to be a member of the other race.

Then I think a lot of the regulars around here would like to nominate you for Pro-White.

Funky got run off the IC the other day for ? with the wrong people in Donkey, but if he comes back he's probably a shoe-in for Pro-Black. If not, I didn't wanna bring myself up, but I might be the most "pro-black" white poster remaining around here that I know of.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Best Educated? There's alot of guys who know either science, the bible, Quran, etc... but best educated for the one who knows the most in all fields combined
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    heyslick is pro white?

i swear, i have never been able to tell what the hell he is talking about

Maybe I'll start translating his posts. Could be fun and useful. He's really more anti-minority but that will pass for pro-white.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Best Educated? There's alot of guys who know either science, the bible, Quran, etc... but best educated for the one who knows the most in all fields combined

IMO, that's a category for a year or two from now when we build up the active membership. For this year when we need to keep the categories to a small number so we don't end up giving everyone an award, that should just be a factor in "Poster of the Year"

UNLESS, just for ? and giggles, we do have like 35 categories, many of them being complete joke awards.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I agree 100%.

I think best thread starter should also be an award.

worst thread starter.

Most locked threads.

just an idea.

Most locked threads (probably 2012) isn't something we could vote on. That's just a stat that can be determined (though not by me. I ain't gonna count everyones locked threads). That could be an honorary award though.

And again, my personal opinion on Best/Worst Threadstarter is that a best/worst poster category should just encompass these things. Besides, I'm pretty sure the guy who wins "Worst Threadstarter" would end up winning "Worst Poster" as well, so that's redundant.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    IMO, that's a category for a year or two from now when we build up the active membership. For this year when we need to keep the categories to a small number so we don't end up giving everyone an award, that should just be a factor in "Poster of the Year"

UNLESS, just for ? and giggles, we do have like 35 categories, many of them being complete joke awards.

Should just be like 10 threads, 5 threads for good posts, 5 for categories in the bad poster range
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What about most evenly balanced poster?

You could be a terrible poster and a good poster and still remain balanced.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it sounds like u should just set the entire thing up then

I'm just throwing out my opinions. I think we should get as many of our active members to give their input, then see what the general consensus is.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What about most evenly balanced poster?

You could be a terrible poster and a good poster and still remain balanced.

How do you define a "balanced" poster?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How do you define a "balanced" poster?

They are willing to listen to both sides of an argument, they aren't going into an argument on one side and sticking to it.

If they aren't religious they still correct people that make wrong assumptions.

If they aren't fans of Reynolds wrap they still discuss conspiracies and actually can bring arguments in favor of.

They can debate in favor of all sides of the race sector.

Things like that.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They are willing to listen to both sides of an argument, they aren't going into an argument on one side and sticking to it.

If they aren't religious they still correct people that make wrong assumptions.

If they aren't fans of Reynolds wrap they still discuss conspiracies and actually can bring arguments in favor of.

They can debate in favor of all sides of the race sector.

Things like that.
    Oh yeah, so basically open-minded people.

Wait, do we have any of those?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, so basically open-minded people.

Wait, do we have any of those?

Biblical Atheist
    Skeratch
    Vibe
    Outside of conspiracy ? Major Pain, though I've seen actually have discussion about Illuminati and stuff with an open mind
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    chike????.

Lol Chike is anti anything white and western and has nightmares about the NWO
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Besides, I'm pretty sure the guy who wins "Worst Threadstarter" would end up winning "Worst Poster" as well, so that's redundant.

Nah, Ether is a horrendous threadstarter, but a very thought provoking poster.