Aren't you afraid of being alone in old age?

Options
allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Most of you seem anti-marriage. I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that a lot of never-married people end up being alone for long periods in their middle age and later. I don't think it's going to be easy for a regular guy to get women after 50 or so. So for the anti-marriage men, aren't you afraid of being alone in your later years?

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hell no b i'll get mad ? and money when i'm 80
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nope, being by yourself doesn't mean lonely. Plus great friendships > love imo, i have lots of things that can take the place of love.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i'm not anti-marriage, i just don't agree with some of the ? that comes with it.

but i'm only 27....... asking what i'd expect of myself at 50 is like shooting in the dark.
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Nope, being by yourself doesn't mean lonely. Plus great friendships > love imo, i have lots of things that can take the place of love.

You're right; being by yourself doesn't mean you're lonely. But most people will be lonely when they're by themselves for an extended period of time. And do you really think you're going to be hanging out with your boys anywhere near as often when y'all are 60?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You're right; being by yourself doesn't mean you're lonely. But most people will be lonely when they're by themselves for an extended period of time. And do you really think you're going to be hanging out with your boys anywhere near as often when y'all are 60?

Actually yes, most of my friends are on that ? marraige ? too. We like drinking, hitting on ? , sports,etc, just freedom ? and plan on opening up a bar near our college campus. That wife who let herself go, snotty kids, and mundane life aint for everyone.

? , both of my brothers are going through divorce right now, they've schooled me how women switch up when they get the ring. lol
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited October 2010
    Options
    everyone dies alone, so who gives a ? about getting married? marriage is the most "SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT" type thing to do in life
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, I'm not good at fearing things.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im 39 and still alone so im like ? it. sperling aint tryin to ? with a ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    man plz. a lot of these mofos say they're not gonna get married. but they will.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kind of....

at the same time i think by the time I reach my 40's, marriage will really be an all but discarded institution....
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    a little bit. But I've kind of accepted it and resigned myself to the fact I'll probably be alone. I've never been anybodies baby, and I've never been in love past a standpoint of physical infatuation. Don't see how any of that is gonna change at the age I'm at already.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My girl and I just broke up again and I been thinking about this. I'm not planning to be alone in old age. I'm focusing on my money now, saving so I can have more opportunities in the future. When my money is just how I want it to be, the next woman I meet that I could build with will probably have my children. I'll probably use my next relationship to breed. I'ma family man so as people pass away, move away, and simply sometimes just change...I should still be in some type of wholesome and more than comfortable setting.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    eh I don't mind being alone but if I were older and living by myself I'd prolly just move in with my son or something

Me: Wassup little ? I need you to hurry up and fix that basement

Son: Why what's up dad ?

Me: Because I'm renting my house out and I'm moving with yall......................I'm bored. By the way what's for dinner?

* shrugs*
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm by myself all the time now. When I feel like being botherd I be bothere, I'm cantancerous already :(
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    eh I don't mind being alone but if I were older and living by myself I'd prolly just move in with my son or something

Me: Wassup little ? I need you to hurry up and fix that basement

Son: Why what's up dad ?

Me: Because I'm renting my house out and I'm moving with yall......................I'm bored. By the way what's for dinner?
    * shrugs*

LMAO My son always says that Im moving with him when he gets older. I'm like son trust me you not goin want pops livein with you, he told me when he get his house built one side is for me and the other for him and his wife. Jr be geekin
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LMAO My son always says that Im moving with him when he gets older. I'm like son trust me you not goin want pops livein with you, he told me when he get his house built one side is for me and the other for him and his wife. Jr be geekin

that ? seems like a good idea to him right now

wait till that ? hit like 16 17 lol
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nah, I'm not worried about being alone.
  • louis the great
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that ? seems like a good idea to him right now

wait till that ? hit like 16 17 lol

Exactly......................................
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    question is how gona be that ol head still in the club with his good suit on
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited October 2010
    Options
    question is who's gonna be that ol head still in the club with his good suit on

dancing in the club talkin bout " Give it me to now, give it to now now, give it to me now"
  • louis the great
    edited October 2010
    Options

cid_chopper_city-chopper_suit_season__djdammit-front.jpg

L m a o
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? with grey hair and that loud ass ? suit on with a pair of gators on, nah
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i thik a lota ppl'
    s perspectives are gonna change when they don't got their youth anymore...

? gonna hit 40-45 n be like

damn......this ain't whassup...
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i thik a lota ppl'
    s perspectives are gonna change when they don't got their youth anymore...

? gonna hit 40-45 n be like
    Thanks Du for reminding me thanks ?
    Yo, that fish fry tomorrow ain't it

damn......this ain't whassup...

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options