intelligence=sense of humor

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
i've noticed in my life time that the funniest people i've come across were also the most intelligent like chris rock and dave chapplle, larry david, seth macfarlane aaron mcgruder and other hilarious comedic minds...when u really break it down they have to be extremely intelligent to be able to break stuff down in the ways that they do..

and that the most intelligent were also the funniest....like whenever u come across a person who u know to be very intelligent, sometimes they'll just come outta no where with some of the most randomly hilarious things u've ever heard....

does anyone else think those two go hand n hand??

Comments

• Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, a lot of really smart people are also really funny. Really stupid people are unintentionally funny. Some really smart people are borderline autistic.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not really,most of the stuff they point out is self evident. The way its presented is where their true talent is shown. If more people werent as dumbed down as they are it wouldnt be to hard for them to recognize the same things within society.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    for those guys you listed you might want to credit there writers more than them. Put your point is accurate. Everybody i know that is really really funny are real intelligent and usually up on all current events and can make fun of any and every body.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thanks for the bout of confidence du. im ? hilarious
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the higher your IQ the more creativity you have.......

think of ? like fresstyle and battle rappers....these ? might not seem smart, but their ability to ut ? together effortlessly while proving to be entertaining....
    i wouldn't besuprised at all if properly tested these ? was scoring in the 130's
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Some .

How many computer science, and IT majors have you met?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    depends what kind of funny.

there is intelligent funny (chris rock, chappelle, seinfeld etc)

and then there is dumb/goofy funny like the typical 3 stooges/ SNL / Mad TV stuff or even will ferrell
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Naw du'.. Dumb ? be funny as ? , even when they aint tryin....
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i definitely agree

<
    So does he
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Some .

How many computer science, and IT majors have you met?

used to go to drexel university.....they ran deep....
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Naw du'.. Dumb ? be funny as ? , even when they aint tryin....

they don't know they be funny though... and normally the ppl laughing at them are signifigantly smarter
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    used to go to drexel university.....they ran deep....

Some of the ones I met was cool, others had an interesting way of thinking.
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Some of the ones I met was cool, others had an interesting way of thinking.

i was pretty much a class clown type person in college... but i was always cool with a lotta quiet ppl cuz on the low i thought they were like 10 times funnier than i could ever be...

liekone day i was chilling with this one chick and we were wathcing something where a person was asking "where jersey at? philly? dc? newyork"

and she was like "you ever notice that newyork always the loudest no matter where u go?"

and i kinda laughed like "yea"

and she went on to say "it kinda makes me think....if newyork is always so deep everywhere else.....then who the ? is in newyork?"

yo i swear....the way she said it, and how it actually had me thinking when she said it, i alughed about that ? for like the whole weekend.....
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i was pretty much a class clown type person in college... but i was always cool with a lotta quiet ppl cuz on the low i thought they were like 10 times funnier than i could ever be...

liekone day i was chilling with this one chick and we were wathcing something where a person was asking "where jersey at? philly? dc? newyork"

and she was like "you ever notice that newyork always the loudest no matter where u go?"

and i kinda laughed like "yea"

and she went on to say "it kinda makes me think....if newyork is always so deep everywhere else.....then who the ? is in newyork?"

yo i swear....the way she said it, and how it actually had me thinking when she said it, i alughed about that ? for like the whole weekend.....

so what you saying is, that you smashed right?
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I do wat I does....
  • dpresidential
    dpresidential Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the higher your IQ the more creativity you have.......

think of ? like fresstyle and battle rappers....these ? might not seem smart, but their ability to ut ? together effortlessly while proving to be entertaining....
    i wouldn't besuprised at all if properly tested these ? was scoring in the 130's

^^ I've been saying this for the longest. I believe if Shakespeare were alive today, he'd respect hip-hop more than any other form of music and(going out on a limb) any other form of expression. The best of the best lyricists are geniuses...

If people could look past the ? language...professors would be impressed by the manipulation and creative control of words that rappers exhibit.

Now...the catch is..and this is studied...highly intelligent individuals...we are talking about top of the top...they are actually more condescending and out of touch with the every day man. so much so that they come off as miserable. The reason being, their level of communication has been so far advanced for so long that they can't identify with down to earth people. Those individuals are usually not funny at all.

However, when it comes to complex humor...not just stupid (your momma so fat ? ) jokes...the more intelligent the more creative..to a point...