Respond to this SL excerpt about Pac "speaking the truth"....

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
This was recently posted in the IC's Social Lounge forum, regarding the claim that Pac "spoke the truth" and talked about "what's really going on", which lead to his murder. I figured the Reason may have something to say about this.....

Can we be real about Tupac? He wasn't no ? Malcolm X. I would give Tupac credit for using his work to articulate the frustration and anger of poor minorities, but he wasn't dropping knowledge or making any relevant statements about "what was going on". And even if we don't agree with each other about what exactly WAS going on, this much is obvious. Let's take a look...

After getting out of jail, Tupac began referring to himself as "Makaveli", a stylized spelling of "Machiavelli", the author mostly known for writing "The Prince", a famous 16th century guide to savvy and shrewdness while wielding power and taking on adversaries. Tupac says he read this book, and I take him at his word, but considering that he renamed himself "Makaveli" afterward, I have a lot of doubts as to whether or not he understood it at all. Rather than displaying savvy or shrewdness, Pac basically told every New York rapper and their crew "? you" and claimed he would ? them all. I don't believe this was what Machiavelli had in mind.
But enough of that. Shortly before being murdered, Tupac finished recording the new "Makaveli" album, Don Killuminati: The Seven Day Theory. Whether or not Tupac applied Machiavellian principle properly by publicly announcing his intentions of murdering everyone in New York would no longer be relevant. So, let's get to it......and.....the first track is a diss at some guys from New York. Great. Next track is called "Hail Mary", and it sounds quite eerie. Perhaps he's going to reveal the- oh, it's about murdering enemies. Then the next track is about getting laid, and also includes an implication that Dr. Dre. is a homosexual. Ok, I could go on, but let me just say that in the middle of all this nonsense is a song called "White Man'z World". Here it comes with that truth!!! Ah....ok he says that being in jail is unpleasant. Well that sounds pretty true. And now he's talking about his friend getting murdered, and he's going to murder the culprits back. Um, oh hey! He just shouted out the names of some political prisoners! Yeah! Take that, system!
Well ? it, this is going nowhere. Why don't we just get to what Makaveli himself said was "the realest ? I ever wrote". Here it is, "Against all Odds". Realest ? ever, I can't wait! Now Pac will finally expose the truth that...........Nas rapped about getting shot but it didn't actually happen. Oh. And Puffy is a ? . Shhh, not so loud Pac! The New World Order will have your head for this startling revelation!

Ooops, some nobody beat them to it though. RIP Pac.

Comments

• shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's the matter Pac stans? I wrote that entire thing from memory of an album I haven't even listened to for years. I'm sure you can find something to scrutinize in that ? .
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    pac overrated imo
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    pac overrated imo

I thought he was really great when I was like 15. By 18 I would have agreed with you. By age 20 and still to this day, I'd say most overrated rapper ever.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LMFAO. Was this little analysis really that vicious? I know how many Pac stans are in the Reason who usually can't wait to defend him. None of you can refute this?

Or maybe it's just cause you're Pac fans, so reading something as long as the first post is out of the question.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You might think you're a pioneer, but this thread has been made a million times. Pac is my favorite rapper, but I can understand why some people might think he's overrated. I just think he was a good lyricist and an articulate black male with tremendous charisma. A lot of ? think he was Jesus.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    pac threads on here are done to death

u don't like his music then go listen to someone else
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    You might think you're a pioneer, but this thread has been made a million times. Pac is my favorite rapper, but I can understand why some people might think he's overrated. I just think he was a good lyricist and an articulate black male with tremendous charisma. A lot of ? think he was Jesus.

Yeah, this thread has been done a million times, but you still can't explain why Pac changed his name to Makaveli after reading The Prince even though he obviously didn't understand what he was reading (if he did he might still be alive) and then you named yourself after him naming himself Makevili.