Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
All of their consoles as of now, of course and obviously, are very big.

How long do you think they will last? Who will be the first to slowly fall off?

Could the xbox be the new monster in gaming above playstation?

Nintendo ain't goin' anywhere but I put them there, not really doing this as a PS3 stan but really wanna see the longevity.

Comments

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No.

Xbox got lucky this gen that Sony ? up. It will never happen again. And Sony is STILL taking over despite their initial mistakes. Theres still 3-4 years left this generation and MS blew their load too early. Sony caught up already and is dominating.

I mean Sony at 41 million sold, 360 at 44 million sold.......... only 3 million advantage and it had a whole YEAR AND A HALF head start in Sony's main territory of Europe, and a year head start in America.

The gap is quickly closing. When GT5 releases next month its all over. 360 will be extinct. Id be surprised if Gears 3 even releases on 360. MS will come with their loser attitudde and say ? it, we're putting Gears 3 as a launch title on the xbox720 instead.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2011 exclusive line up

PS3
    Killzone 3
    InFamous 2
    Twisted Metal
    The Last Guardian
    Socom 4
    Resistance 3
    MotorStorm Apocalypse
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Mass Effect 2 Ultra Edition
    possibly Uncharted 3

Gears of War 3

you tell me who's "first to slowly fall off"... as far as I'm concerned 360 already fell off in 2008 cuz they havent had ? in the past two years. All their exclusive games are poor quality and FLOP hard in reviews. Take Fable III and Alan Wake for example. Those are games the 360 ? was hyping up forever and they Failed miserably. that other ? game Crackdown 2 was another failure. 360 is basically Gears and Halo, THATS IT, and the sad thing is Bungie left MS so Halo gonna slowly die out, and Gears been stale. . it was cool in 2005 but it aged terribly and even Vanquish is better than Gears 2
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol @ how '360 ? ' caught on
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol @ vibe making this topic like KOA not gonna come in and starting spewing some anti MS ?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol @ vibe making this topic like KOA not gonna come in and starting spewing some anti MS ?

LOL

I knew he would but ? it, that's what he does. Like I said, just to discuss this with the arcade though not just KOA.

I agree with KOA though.
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The gap is quickly closing. When GT5 releases next month its all over. 360 will be extinct. Id be surprised if Gears 3 even releases on 360. MS will come with their loser attitudde and say ? it, we're putting Gears 3 as a launch title on the xbox720 instead.
    Got damn idiot.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2011 exclusive line up

PS3
    Killzone 3
    InFamous 2
    Twisted Metal
    The Last Guardian
    Socom 4
    Resistance 3
    MotorStorm Apocalypse
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Mass Effect 2 Ultra Edition
    possibly Uncharted 3

Gears of War 3

you tell me who's "first to slowly fall off"... as far as I'm concerned 360 already fell off in 2008 cuz they havent had ? in the past two years. All their exclusive games are poor quality and FLOP hard in reviews. Take Fable III and Alan Wake for example. Those are games the 360 ? was hyping up forever and they Failed miserably. that other ? game Crackdown 2 was another failure. 360 is basically Gears and Halo, THATS IT, and the sad thing is Bungie left MS so Halo gonna slowly die out, and Gears been stale. . it was cool in 2005 but it aged terribly and even Vanquish is better than Gears 2

Had a spark when ya started
    But now ya just garbage
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    caixistatraveconpd.gif

• WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Overused^....

^on my ?
  • vagrant-718
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As far as exclusives go, don't think its that much of a factor since 9 times out of 10 the strength in the hd consoles is in the multi plat. Yeah Sony may have more exclusives than MS, but majority of ppl will play it and go right back to the multiplat game (COD, RDR)
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    PC FTW! lol. i see sony FINALLY fulfilling my expectations. im sick of that damn xbox remote...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    All of their consoles as of now, of course and obviously, are very big.

How long do you think they will last? Who will be the first to slowly fall off?

Could the xbox be the new monster in gaming above playstation?

Nintendo ain't goin' anywhere but I put them there, not really doing this as a PS3 stan but really wanna see the longevity.

Yea, Nintendo is not going anywhere. People who still ain't figured that out are crazy. They appeal to the broadest audience, they make the most money and manage it the best, they innovate, and they put out quality games. But Nintendo has been at this a lot longer than M$ and Sony, so nothing new there...

What M$ accomplished this gen is incredible. PS3 stans a lot of the time don't look at the big picture. They celebrate Sony being within 3 million of last place, forgetting that Sony dominated the previous two gens (market share wise) by 70 million consoles. Even IF the PS3 surpasses the 360 by the end of this gen it doesn't matter. M$ already did what they needed to do, they crippled the hell out of Sony and created a real console war. M$ is here to stay.

In terms of the first to fall off, well...it really already was Sony. Nintendo and M$ are seeing their greatest successes ever. But Sony is obviously not out. I just believe M$ and Nintendo have better business models and a more clear, current vision for there products and of their audience. I don't think Sony is going anywhere, but they have some mistakes to learn from and some tough decisions to make, and judging from the launch of Move...I don't think they have figured things out yet.

Of course none of the three are perfect, all have areas of opportunity and the next generation will most likely alter the very foundation of gaming so they all have to make some adjustments. I don't think anyone is in danger of not being around next time though, even with Apple looming.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^^ He said which CONSOLE is more likely to fall off first and you said Sony? How is Sony falling off if they are closing the gap of Xbox sales lead, meaning more people these days are buying PS3s and more developers are learning how to develop [better] for the system?

With that said the Wii will be the first to fall off. Considering that everyone says that Move has a better response time than the Wii-mote and all the excitement over the new Kinect ? , Wii is about to be the odd man out. The thing with Sony and Microsoft's motion controls is that not only do they have tighter controls (Kinect is iffy from the vids I seen), but they can also deliver the games in HD and soon to be 3D (Sony already implementing this in their games). If (and that's a big IF) Sony/Microsoft can tap into Nintendo's market with the casual fans, Nintendo will be the first ones to have to go to drawing boards with their outdated material. Nintendo does release some good games, but the release time is far too long between games, and when they do drop, the sentiment is always "Oh the game looks great...for a Wii game".

I'm only taking about on the hardware side; As far as software, Nintendo games will continue to do huge numbers, and even tho PS3 is closing in on 360, there's still the problem that more people are gonna buy multi-plat titles (especially FPS, which is the number one genre these days) for 360.
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^^ He said which CONSOLE is more likely to fall off first and you said Sony? How is Sony falling off if they are closing the gap of Xbox sales lead, meaning more people these days are buying PS3s and more developers are learning how to develop [better] for the system?

Dawg, I already wrote way more than I planned on and I refuse to repeat myself. All I can tell you is that you misunderstood what I was saying and the point I was making and that you need to go back and re-read it again.

But in regards to your other comment, the Wii is beyond "falling off". Nintendo has made more money off the Wii than M$ or Sony could ever hope to with the 360 or PS3 and there is NOTHING either of them can do at this point to catch Wii's market share. It is virtually impossible.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @funkdoc ,, niigga,, how the wii go fall off when there easier for kids to pick up on,,my uncle finna have to cop 2 more wiis cuz my nieces and nephews be fighting over his. all over a naratu game i think
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @funkdoc ,, niigga,, how the wii go fall off when there easier for kids to pick up on,,my uncle finna have to cop 2 more wiis cuz my nieces and nephews be fighting over his. all over a naratu game i think

Easy, it's behind in technology. I'm not talking games, but the hardware. What's the new rave nowadays, 3D, right? The Wii not even in HD and if Microsoft can cut into Nintendo market with Kinect, Nintendo will have to go back to the drawing board.

Honestly, I failed to see how waving a controller at the screen to play mediocre games is fun, but obviously over 71 million people have a different opinion, lol. So if that ? is fun to kids, then you know that they are gonna hop on the Kinect "no controller" ? ; it all depends on the games Microsoft comes up with.
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I look at it this way, what did each company set out to do this gen, and did/will they accomplish it?

Nintendo: We know exactly what Nintendo wanted to do. Expand the market and innovate while maintaining a profit based business model and high quality software. Mission accomplished. The Wii is Nintendo's most successful console ever. The sky is the limit for them right now.

M$: I believe M$ wanted to level the playing field and really compete. They launched a year early with an aggressive approach to online and gaming in general and gained a head start that Sony has been chasing ever since and can only hope to catch by the end of the console generation. M$ is a real force in the gaming world now. The 360 successfully ended Sony's monopoly. Mission accomplished.

Sony: This is where things get hazy for me. What was/is Sony's goal with the PS3 exactly? To promote Blu Ray? To sell 3D TV's? Look, I'm sure Sony just naturally thought they would again reign supreme like they did the previous two gens, who can blame them? That however is clearly not the case. They took their eye off the ball and it cost them greatly.
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @focus

I don't disagree with anything you stated above, but at the same time, I see the Wii fizzling out first. That doesn't mean it failed, they exceeded their goals (the PS3 & 360 barely have more consoles sold total) I just see them having to update/upgrade before anyone else.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Easy, it's behind in technology. I'm not talking games, but the hardware. What's the new rave nowadays, 3D, right? The Wii not even in HD and if Microsoft can cut into Nintendo market with Kinect, Nintendo will have to go back to the drawing board.

Honestly, I failed to see how waving a controller at the screen to play mediocre games is fun, but obviously over 71 million people have a different opinion, lol. So if that ? is fun to kids, then you know that they are gonna hop on the Kinect "no controller" ? ; it all depends on the games Microsoft comes up with.

thats spend to much money , console plus kinect,, $150 wii >>> 400 xbox/Kinect. lol ,, old people love wii,, the asians do too,,move or kinect will not dent the wii,, its like a child tryin to out do an adult,,lol
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL @ Ford Focus.

This ? cryin himself to sleep over this ? .
  • vagrant-718
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nintendo will never fall off b/c Nintendo's franchise make millions. could have a Mario cooking game and it will sell millions just b/c its mario
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I look at it this way, what did each company set out to do this gen, and did/will they accomplish it?

Nintendo: We know exactly what Nintendo wanted to do. Expand the market and innovate while maintaining a profit based business model and high quality software. Mission accomplished. The Wii is Nintendo's most successful console ever. The sky is the limit for them right now.

M$: I believe M$ wanted to level the playing field and really compete. They launched a year early with an aggressive approach to online and gaming in general and gained a head start that Sony has been chasing ever since and can only hope to catch by the end of the console generation. M$ is a real force in the gaming world now. The 360 successfully ended Sony's monopoly. Mission accomplished.

Sony: This is where things get hazy for me. What was/is Sony's goal with the PS3 exactly? To promote Blu Ray? To sell 3D TV's? Look, I'm sure Sony just naturally thought they would again reign supreme like they did the previous two gens, who can blame them? That however is clearly not the case. They took their eye off the ball and it cost them greatly.

Look at what the PS3 can offer though. Instead of owning a game system, a blu-ray player, a 3D tv, a new gaming system that 3D capable it's all in one. All you need to have now besides a PS3 is a 3D tv (if you're into that)

PS3 is your all in one type thing. Not to mention we can do this through simple updates. We don't have to go out and buy a new system every time.

PS3 and the Wii have built in wifi when the 360 didn't. The 360 JUST got onto the wagon. Before it you had to buy a router if you had wifi in your house. My cousin just spent $150+ just to get his xbox online through wifi. What the ? ? ? , my was included. All I need is the internet.

We love technology but at the same time want to save money. PS3 helps us do that. We got the 3D on our PS3 through an update and not a whole new system.

360 is still lagging behind on 3D. Many 360 fans might say "well ? 3D, that ? isn't for me". But wait, they said the same thing about the built in wifi too, then when that got released they jumped for joy. So when the 360 drops the 3D system, they'll happily go out and buy it.

Kinect was like, "ahh that ? 's wack". That's all they talk about now, how dope it is etc etc.

Honestly, this Kinect thing is cool but it's ahead of it's time to be honest. It might be big now but people aren't ready for controllerless gaming. That ? is weird and takes away from the true nature of gaming.

Motion controls are dope, it keeps the controller and the feel of gaming but gives you the same feeling of being interactive with your game (as kinect does)

I think xbox will fall off sooner than any other. Nintendo has had too long of a run and makes too much money to even fall off. Like Vagrant said, they could make a Mario cooking game and it be their top 10 seller.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Money and income-wise: none of these companies are ever going to drop off.

Interest-wise: Nintendo done fell off. Think about it, the Wii is the cheapest and everybody has one, but how many times have we discussed Wii games on here? On any board you go, its PS3 games, 360 games, multi-plats. Even when big games are released, there is hardly much talk. The Wii has good games, but most people are turned off by the lack of HD support. The most talk about the Wii is usually about how to hack it.

As long as MS and Sony keep catering to their audience the way they are right now, they will continue to grow.
  • vagrant-718
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Look at what the PS3 can offer though. Instead of owning a game system, a blu-ray player, a 3D tv, a new gaming system that 3D capable it's all in one. All you need to have now besides a PS3 is a 3D tv (if you're into that)

PS3 is your all in one type thing. Not to mention we can do this through simple updates. We don't have to go out and buy a new system every time.

PS3 and the Wii have built in wifi when the 360 didn't. The 360 JUST got onto the wagon. Before it you had to buy a router if you had wifi in your house. My cousin just spent $150+ just to get his xbox online through wifi. What the ? ? ? , my was included. All I need is the internet.

We love technology but at the same time want to save money. PS3 helps us do that. We got the 3D on our PS3 through an update and not a whole new system.

360 is still lagging behind on 3D. Many 360 fans might say "well ? 3D, that ? isn't for me". But wait, they said the same thing about the built in wifi too, then when that got released they jumped for joy. So when the 360 drops the 3D system, they'll happily go out and buy it.

Kinect was like, "ahh that ? 's wack". That's all they talk about now, how dope it is etc etc.

Honestly, this Kinect thing is cool but it's ahead of it's time to be honest. It might be big now but people aren't ready for controllerless gaming. That ? is weird and takes away from the true nature of gaming.

Motion controls are dope, it keeps the controller and the feel of gaming but gives you the same feeling of being interactive with your game (as kinect does)

I think xbox will fall off sooner than any other. Nintendo has had too long of a run and makes too much money to even fall off. Like Vagrant said, they could make a Mario cooking game and it be their top 10 seller.

You forgetting that xbox has xboxlive which has like millions of ppl dropping their $60 a year and its also profitable for MS. Until XboxLive falls off, i doubt MS will fall off

And MS support 3D too, black ops for 360 will support 3d