Gilbere Forte...Anyone else listen to him?

Options
Migz.
Migz. Members Posts: 590
edited October 2010 in The Reason
I havn't heard much from him..but he seems cool to me..was wondering if anyone else is up on him?

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anybody ? with Gilbere Forte? I ran unto this mixtape this weekend, and i haven't heard much discussion on him:

tumblr_mocoj6tIEG1qg6lkxo1_500.jpg

Dawg, how i sleep on this type ? ? ^^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyzU0tXkMps

Dawg...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGz5l8jzYbk
    Polariods Lyrics:

Start wicked to a coast '
    Cause I'm wicked to the achin to my own regrets
    Never try to hold in when you know it's best
    But I only know this wrong
    She got the body of a ? , I only notice it's raw
    My man said dog, it will be all good
    ? run the world but the track suit on
    Nike roche, just don't make it into cold and oj
    But she sip through foreplay, letting you realize you done ? for 4 days
    Then she said she pregnant, you ain't seen her in 4 days, damn
    Get it all been worse, dedicated to a chick that flirts
    She tries to turn it down, but the way it don't work
    You an avius, try to find some truth in church
    So you walk in, pastor talking like he a master
    You don't listen to him, then you a bastard
    Living life with a growl pain, you forget to nodes thangs
    Fars as rio, me with the women I be, fantasizing
    Beyond whatever you been imagining

Real talk, i see he's been around for a while but this mixtape is ill.

shout out @Migz.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How i feel:

Gilbere Forte- Pray Review
    While everyone in the hip hop world is going gaga over Kanye West right now and Chance The Rapper's Acid Rap hype is dying down a bit, the hip hop world is a little slow at the moment. Although due to drought, there is still lots of good stuff coming out obviously.

Gilbere Forte is a new one for me. I haven't heard of him and it turns out this is his third mixtape. I checked it out due to having nothing new to listen to and I was pleasantly surprised with this mixtape.

Gilbere Forte's sound production wise is very interesting and quite refreshing in way, this is not to say this hasn't been done before but its just nice to hear really good electronic sample filled production once in awhile. Most of the track produced by Raak can be made into instruments and could be a hit as electronic based hip hop beats. The sound is layered, sample filled, electronic, and mainstream.

The sound of the album was great but that didn't really surprise me. Before listening to this mixtape, for some reason I had the thought that I would not like the rapper because of the mainstream type of production but Gilbere Forte is quite good. What I like about him is even though being fairly young, 25, he comes off as a bit matured in his voice. Even though the subject matter is typical for the age (mainly drinking, drugs, and women), it didn't really bother me. Sure he spends a lot of the mixtape rapping about women like in the song, Double Cupped, he does it in a way that is enjoyable to me. How? Well like great rappers who sometimes rap about women or love, they do it with great lyrics and storytelling. Gilbere Forte is not talking about "hoes" or anything like that, he comes off a little more like Drake I guess.

As a rapper Gilbere Forte is good. Hes got the lyrics and flow. Although he does come off as having an influence to Kanye West. Even though I am not a Kanye fan there is no denying that in 2013, his influence on many upcoming rappers is prevalent. Gilbere Forte might sound like Kanye at times but thats not a flaw. In 2013 if you sound like another rapper, its find with me but don't try to be a copycat and Gilbere Forte is successful in not being a copycat. While yes, he may sound like him I personally think hes got his own style going for him. His flow is pretty good also. Polariods features his multi-flows quite well. In the song he changes his flow while the beat changes along with him. Its quite fun to listen to.

Although you gotta understand, the guy is 25 and has only had like four project release and those four projects have been good so far. So its not a huge flaw that you can compare him since to be honest hes good at what he is doing and it doesn't really come off as forced as well. What makes the mixtape good is mainly the production and Gilbere Forte confidence in his music.

With that all said, the mixtape is good in my eyes and I wouldn't be surprised if Kanye would co-sign him in the future. Take a listen for yourself http://gilbereforte.com/

http://planetofsoundreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/gilbere-forte-pray-review.html
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? hate that Pray song...It sounds like if Meek Mill and ASAP Rocky decided to steal a throwaway beat from Watch The Throne...