Lil Wayne Prepares Comeback, Writing lyrics "Furiously"

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/10/30/22462578.aspx

5 days Free Weezy

(AllHipHop News) Lil Wayne is writing furiously in anticipation of his post-prison return to Hip-Hop, family and the free world.

“He hasn’t written out rhymes since the Hot Boys,” Birdman told Rolling Stone in the November edition of the magazine. “There’s a different swagger coming from Wayne, different things to talk about.”

Lil Wayne has served eight months in Rikers Island in New York on weapons charges. The rapper recently was banished to solitary confinement after guards found an mp3 chargers and headphones in his cell, forbidden items considered contraband.

Manager Cortez Bryant said that the new material focus largely on his time incarcerated, life and success.

“He’s had time to take everything in from the years leading up to this to going in,” Bryant said. "He's finally been able to put things in perspective."

When he is released, Birdman aka Baby said Wayne will go straight to the studio to record his new material. Wayne is expected to release Tha Carter IV in early 2011.

“He’s our super superstar, he’s our Michael Jackson.” Birdman said. “We did great while he was gone, and I know we’re going to do even better when he comes home.”

Lil Wayne is set to leave Rikers on Nov. 4. He is expected to spend time with his immediate family and then have a party in Miami.

Comments

• WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hes going to come out spitting the truth.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i read that baby need to stop tho “He hasn’t written out rhymes since the Hot Boys,” come on baby i know that's your boy but damn. wayne freestyles all his mixtapes and albums for the last what ever years smh yeah ok.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    carter 4 go be good
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    i read that baby need to stop tho “He hasn’t written out rhymes since the Hot Boys,” come on baby i know that's your boy but damn. wayne freestyles all his mixtapes and albums for the last what ever years smh yeah ok.

Yes

Free Weezy!!!

November 4, 2010
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Carter 4 gonna be classic
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Carter 4 gonna be classic

I hope so.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes

Free Weezy!!!

November 4, 2010

that might be ya'll boy but no. i'm cool with dude being talented but no your not freestyling all that ? he puts out. i'm not saying its all hot cause it's not he's real hit or miss to me but he writes they all do
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that might be ya'll boy but no. i'm cool with dude being talented but no your not freestyling all that ? he puts out. i'm not saying its all hot cause it's not he's real hit or miss to me but he writes they all do

Sorry man, it's a known fact that Wayne hasn't been writing anything down. He just remembers it and spits. Changes it up as he goes. You need to check out one of his studio sessions. Us real fans been waiting awhile for him to drop some written joints.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

in the documentary he said he jots ideas down like on the plane if he cant record, but normally hes in the studio or has portable recording devices that he just spits into. he dosnt spit a 16 off the top, hell freestyle a few lines, stop, think, and then do a few more lines.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    in the documentary he said he jots ideas down like on the plane if he cant record, but normally hes in the studio or has portable recording devices that he just spits into. he dosnt spit a 16 off the top, hell freestyle a few lines, stop, think, and then do a few more lines.

Free Weezy!!!

November 4, 2010
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i cant wait to see what hes writing. i can only imagine how nasty he is gonna be now that hes putting thought into his rhymes and writing them down.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard prisons dont let you leave with stuff like that, like if he got a notebook in there he cant take it home
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard prisons dont let you leave with stuff like that, like if he got a notebook in there he cant take it home

some do, but if not he can always mail them out or give them to a visitor.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    some do, but if not he can always mail them out or give them to a visitor.

Not in Rikers
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Not in Rikers

then he will probably end up tearing the pages out of the note book and mailing them to himself or something like that. im sure birdman has a plan to get them out since hes hyping up the return of writing wayne.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    then he will probably end up tearing the pages out of the note book and mailing them to himself or something like that. im sure birdman has a plan to get them out since hes hyping up the return of writing wayne.

He'll prolly just give it to Lil Twist, he's been doing all of Waynes blogging and making sure his fan letters got out this whole time
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    naw, Baby aint saying he freestyles. He saying he didn't write his rhymes down. You know, the way Biggie and Jay-Z did their rhymes. He keep all his bars in his head and/or he spit four bars and stops. Then comes back and continues to finish the verse. But yea, Wayne hasn't written his rhymes down on paper since his second album "lights out". (Hot Boyz days)

Yea he punches in, does 4 bars at a time
  • tenchi04
    tenchi04 Members Posts: 37
    edited October 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Gillie needs to start back writing Little Wayne lines

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=2889

XXL: Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

Gillie: No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

Gillie helped improve his flow/delivery, not his lyrics.
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wayne is ? garbage, But if he really is goin write his lyrics this time and add thought in it
    HE GOIN BE FIRE, hopefully
    Carter IV goin be classic. Ill cop it first day
  • icame4wo
    icame4wo Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what a poorly written article! who's allhiphop.com getting to write for them now? gee757? the story is absolutely useless anyway.
  • icame4wo
    icame4wo Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tenchi04 wrote: »
    http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=2889

XXL: Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

Gillie: No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

Gillie helped improve his flow/delivery, not his lyrics.

^all he's saying is that he wasn't just writing for him. he was also teaching him.
    Although at the time, Gillie had no idea that he would be forced to play the background as a ghostwriter to the rest of the Cash Money Millionaires due to his failure to share his publishing royalties with the label. Gillie remained a Cash Money artist behind the scenes, penning some of Cash Money's biggest hits, not to mention writing for such artists as Lil Wayne and Baby, In 2004, after realizing that Cash Money would never allow Gillie Da Kid to play the forefront artist that he truly was and deserved to be, Gillie Da Kid decided that it was in his best interest to leave Cash Money Records and return home setting the streets of Philly on fire once again as a free agent.
    http://www.myspace.com/figga4lifeent
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea he punches in, does 4 bars at a time

Props. I love that clip. That ? know when he be killing ? and just gotta stop, LMBAO!!! Wayne is a ? genius.
  • tenchi04
    tenchi04 Members Posts: 37
    edited October 2010
    Options
    icame4wo wrote: »
    ^all he's saying is that he wasn't just writing for him. he was also teaching him.
    http://www.myspace.com/figga4lifeent

No, the interviewer asks him point blank if he wrote for Wayne, OR was he coaching him, and he said no:

Wayne started improving on Lights Out and the Sqad Up mixtapes.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    wayne is ?

No he's not...