Let's be honest, "Who Dat" should not have been a single

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
"Who Dat" is an ok song, but I can't understand by Cole would want it as a single. The beat is ok, his flow is onlya little above average on the song, and it's just not that catchy. Even the new song "Coming Home" would have made a much better single.

Comments

• birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i liked the beat, but overall i wasnt impressed by it. i like lights please, mainly the beat, but i dont see the hype around cole at all.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Jezzy's who dat>>>>>> jcoles who dat
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? that, it got my attention. It's got a good beat, lyrics, and chorus that arent over the top. idk if its an actual single off the album or just a promo single though
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its an intro type song, i think it did its job as far as getting his name out there, he just needs that crossover hit now
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    "Who Dat" is an ok song, but I can't understand by Cole would want it as a single. The beat is ok, his flow is onlya little above average on the song, and it's just not that catchy. Even the new song "Coming Home" would have made a much better single.

Song isn't even his, its for diddy's album
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yet, it did damage.

/Close thread
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For someone that had not heard anything from dude before that, it got my attention.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It was a street single to get his name out there, it wasn't really meant for club heads and ? , but it managed to get a buzz, make the charts and count downs. I'm sure when his official single drop it will catch a bigger audience.

From the way they are promoting him and from what he ha said, they are establishing a core audience for him on the touring tip, so that song probably catered more to them.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Yet, it did damage.

/Close thread

lets not get carried away
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It was a cool song. It sounds better when he's performing it live though.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It was a street single to get his name out there, it wasn't really meant for club heads and ? , but it managed to get a buzz, make the charts and count downs. I'm sure when his official single drop it will catch a bigger audience.

From the way they are promoting him and from what he ha said, they are establishing a core audience for him on the touring tip, so that song probably catered more to them.

C/S
    He ain't making music for white girls to put as their fb status (cought *B.O.B.) or DJs to play in the club
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Who Dat was an excellent 1st single from Cole. The problem was his fat lipped homosexual CEO has no experience in breaking fresh artists so he failed to capitilize off of potential for the Who Dat single. J Cole along with Wale and Melanie Fiona are living breathing failures from the hands of Jay Z. There is no way in hell im giving Jay Z any credit for the success of Rocafella records. A shy ? isnt agressive enough to push records in this day in age. it takes constant networking, phone calls, promotion , ground work to run a successful label. He has no marketing sense, he has no creative promotial avenues for his artists. Jay Z is doing the same thing the lazy jews do to artists on majors. shelfing them and underpromoting trying to stay within a budget. a ? can rap about 400 million but cant risk 20% of that to make his business standout and dominate over others. fake ass hustler. he aint no risk taker. he is just a sell out. Jay Z got that uncle tom money that he only invest in whites. Bono and Chris Martin make him donate to all these african charities that claim so much overhead on the cost of being a charity that the needy dont get ? . all that money can finance an aquafier and stimulate their economy instead of dropping crates with busted plastic gallon jugs of water and thinking they gonna sing kumbahov my lord to Jay Z.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he didnt want it to be the typical radio song

he has said this countless times

he wants to be different

he wants the hard ? to make an appearance in the mainstream to break the norm

thats j.cole for you.....
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Who Dat was an excellent 1st single from Cole. The problem was his fat lipped homosexual CEO has no experience in breaking fresh artists so he failed to capitilize off of potential for the Who Dat single. J Cole along with Wale and Melanie Fiona are living breathing failures from the hands of Jay Z. There is no way in hell im giving Jay Z any credit for the success of Rocafella records. A shy ? isnt agressive enough to push records in this day in age. it takes constant networking, phone calls, promotion , ground work to run a successful label. He has no marketing sense, he has no creative promotial avenues for his artists. Jay Z is doing the same thing the lazy jews do to artists on majors. shelfing them and underpromoting trying to stay within a budget. a ? can rap about 400 million but cant risk 20% of that to make his business standout and dominate over others. fake ass hustler. he aint no risk taker. he is just a sell out. Jay Z got that uncle tom money that he only invest in whites. Bono and Chris Martin make him donate to all these african charities that claim so much overhead on the cost of being a charity that the needy dont get ? . all that money can finance an aquafier and stimulate their economy instead of dropping crates with busted plastic gallon jugs of water and thinking they gonna sing kumbahov my lord to Jay Z.

bro your a ? fagget, get over it...jay has done nothing to you personally right?

if cole really thought jay was ? him over he would have been out already, he'd be talking slick about hov...but hes a a normal guy unlike your obsessive disgusting ? , hatin ass