Why is Drake only concerned with dissing women?

Options
2»

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    quick ? what do u want this cat top rap about? he aint street so he cant rap about that ? . Its sad cuz he is talented and folks just hate him for no reason. can he help it that his mom is white and he from Toronto?

Co-Sign..Being a kid raised up good the only thing he could rap about is girls,flashy ? , non-street ? etc..
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow Em disses a woman and no one talk ? about that.I never heard that ? diss any woman so who cares
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    T/S, you sound like you're hating.

I'm sure Drake deals with hella women, so naturally that's what most of his music is going to be about.

And besides, it's not all negative at all so...

He's not street, or hood, or any of that nonsense.

Let him do him, and you should just stop whining about it.

Seriously, I could imagine a high pitched-whiny voice while I was reading this...
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Most of Drake starting out fans were women, so he would be a fool to diss women at all in his raps.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Most of Drake starting out fans were women

......Lies
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    and the jew references. drake is a ? jew so he has no reason to diss black women. u diss my race ill diss urs. ? jews they are responsible for every war known to man.

You just insulted an entire group of people because of your dislike of the lyrics of a rapper that you don't even know.

/End credibility
  • CMac
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    ......Lies

LOL oh really??? ? when he first dropped that radio song Best I've ever had so many girls been talking about that ? then dudes. Not now though hes been rapping and stop that singing ? to get to get respect with the hip hop heads.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    LOL oh really??? ? when he first dropped that radio song Best I've ever had so many girls been talking about that ? then dudes. Not now though hes been rapping and stop that singing ? to get to get respect with the hip hop heads.

Nah son you got it ass backwards. ? was ? with him BEFORE he even got on the radio period. You never heard the Comeback Season mixtape? ? was out like 2 years before he got mainstream attention and ? on forums was saying how he should blow because he's nice. He aint start catering to the females real heavy until he got the spotlight on him, then the lil wayne cosign and influence got to him and he even started flowing different. ? wasn't even hating on Drake or calling him corny until he made it big and started making female records, that's what made ? turn on him. That's the reason this thread was created.

Old Drake > New Drake
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I thought just about every rapper did this
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    who cares, drake is wack.
  • CMac
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Nah son you got it ass backwards. ? was ? with him BEFORE he even got on the radio period. You never heard the Comeback Season mixtape? ? was out like 2 years before he got mainstream attention and ? on forums was saying how he should blow because he's nice. He aint start catering to the females real heavy until he got the spotlight on him, then the lil wayne cosign and influence got to him and he even started flowing different. ? wasn't even hating on Drake or calling him corny until he made it big and started making female records, that's what made ? turn on him. That's the reason this thread was created.

Old Drake > New Drake

Well I was still some what right then that he had heavy female support at the beginning of his career, I heard about the Comeback season mixtape and I'm sure dudes were listening to him at that time but when he went main stream he had more female fans at the time, that's why he was making them singing type tracks. When I said beginning I should of said when he went mainstream, but I did said Best I ever had which was a song be made when he went mainstream.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    because that's what these hoes like to hear.
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    I thought just about every rapper did this

yeah but Drake is light skinned and a Jew so that two extra strikes against him
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    almost every song on SFG involves him dissing a woman by doing them ? , calling them ? and hoes, lying and manipulating them. he sounds like a bitter dude after a break up. who broke this little ? heart? he brags about childish ? like shutting the mall down. wow. ? who shops in a mall anymore? i thought a greedy jew like him would be able to go directly to the designer. smh. "telling every girl they the one for me and i dont even call". i do that every weekend at the club. no biggie. now he is crying like a ? on say something about rubbing his success in the face of a female that left him. childish, immature. no wonder all of these chicks are turning ? cause these dudes exhibit female traits. i wouldnt make a big deal of this other than the fact that drake pulled his own hoe card on successful when he said diss him and he would never reply. thats a ? ? cop out but he can name drop janet in a weak ass punchline. (janet top didnt fall off dumb jew). i thought lame ? were gonna go out of style in 2010

You sound real ? ass right now homie. Just saying.

Waaaaaa stop making fun of girlsss they smell like flowers Waaaaa
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Damn accidently walked into a lame hater thread. *exits
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    yeah but Drake is light skinned and a Jew so that two extra strikes against him

damn that is true
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Fam I understand wat u sayin, but to say dude is Wack??? Gucci is Wack, Plies and Souljah Boy is wack, Oj the juiceman is wack............Drake isnt, he can spit...........he's nice.........he's not wack

Compared to the bunch of ill MC in the game I listen too on the regular that dont get the amount of shine yes he's wack. If he's what considered nice no wonder mainstream hip-hop for the most part sucks.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't like Drake. I did not like him before he went mainstream. He sounded like another average cat getting on the mic for ? and giggles because "he thought he could." Now as much as I think Drake is nothing but another mediocre mixtape rapper who benefited from timing and fans being thirsty for something "different," Drake is not doing anything that any other rapper in the history of the game has done. This problem of "misogyny" is deeper than hip-hop and has been ingrained in society for generations. If you are a believer in art imitating life, then this is one of those cases where you should attack the society and not the messenger. Not that I'm defending Drake, because talking about the same topic ad nauseam gets old (see Eminem, 50 Cent, and a host of others) and he should be more creative like a Lupe, SkyZoo, etc. However, the problem is deeper than Drake.