blatin35
blatin35 Members Posts: 176
edited November 2010 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Laundry list of accomplishments. It all sounds good. Doesn't mean the criticisms from his base aren't justified.

Hint: Our frustration doesn't have to do with "what has he done?". It's about how he does things.
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Laundry list of accomplishments. It all sounds good. Doesn't mean the criticisms from his base aren't justified.

Hint: Our frustration doesn't have to do with "what has he done?". It's about how he does things.
    ? ..
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    blatin35 wrote: »
    ? ..

How so?
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who cares how he got it done.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who cares how he got it done.

Apparently alot of people.

If he says he's going to do something, then gives you the watered down half torn version of it because he has no political ? , I think it matters alot.
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Apparently alot of people.

If he says he's going to do something, then gives you the watered down half torn version of it because he has no political ? , I think it matters alot.

Why don't you blame those Dems that voted no. There were a couple of people that ? up the public option..
    And something is always better than nothing..

Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT):
    Voted NO on both amendments.
    Argued the bills would not garner the 60 Senate votes necessary to avoid a filibuster.
    511 Hart Senate Office Building,
    District of Columbia 20510-2602
    Phone: (202) 224-2651 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 224-2651 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    E-mail Senator Baucus

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)
    Voted NO on the Rockefeller amendment, YES on the Schumer amendment
    Believes Republican support can best be achieved by dropping a public plan.
    716 Senate Hart Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Phone: 202-224-5274 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 202-224-5274 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    E-mail Senator Nelson

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)
    Voted NO on the Rockefeller amendment, YES on the Schumer amendment
    Is open to multiple policy options
    513 Hart Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Phone: (202) 224-2441 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 224-2441 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    E-mail Senator Carper

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)
    Voted NO on both amendments
    Believes North Dakota residents get short-changed with a Medicare-like public option
    530 Hart Senate Office Building
    United States Senate
    Washington, DC 20510-3403
    Phone: (202) 224-2043 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 224-2043 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    E-mail Senator Conrad

Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)
    Voted NO on both amendments
    Argues that successful reform can be achieved without a public option
    355 Dirksen Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-4843 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 224-4843 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/29/the-five-democrats-who-vo_n_303700.html
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Great thread.......
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    is "received nobel peace prize and then bombed Pakistan" on there?

howabout "endorsed the use of child soldiers in Africa", is that on there?

howabout "playing both sides of the fence on dont ask dont tell"?

and what about "gave more working class money to the rich than anybody in history"?
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    is "received nobel peace prize and then bombed Pakistan" on there?

howabout "endorsed the use of child soldiers in Africa", is that on there?

howabout "playing both sides of the fence on dont ask dont tell"?

and what about "gave more working class money to the rich than anybody in history"?
    Something is really wrong with you..
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Something is really wrong with you..

naw aint nothing wrong with ol boy he speaks a language only a select few speak and that is the truth.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i like obama but it seems like he's kinda on some affirmative action for ? type ?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    naw aint nothing wrong with ol boy he speaks a language only a select few speak and that is the truth.

^^^this

dude's a cynic..
    a funny one at that..
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options

Everything he said is ? ..
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    i like obama but it seems like he's kinda on some affirmative action for ? type ?

What's wrong with ? having rights that everyone else has?
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Everything he said is ? ..
    i aint up on the kids in Africa claim..
    but everything else in his post seems pretty accurate..
    What's wrong with ? having rights that everyone else has?
    i ask the same question.. have yet to get an answer..
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i aint up on the kids in Africa claim..
    but everything else in his post seems pretty accurate..

i ask the same question.. have yet to get an answer..

He wanted the law gone for DADT done the right way.. He's not playing both sides..
    And how did he give more money to rich people?
    Obama didn't enter his name in a drawing for the Noble Peace Prize..
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He wanted the law gone for DADT done the right way.. He's not playing both sides..
    And how did he give more money to rich people?
    Obama didn't enter his name in a drawing for the Noble Peace Prize..

dodt.. cop out..

and bailing out the banks with taxpayer's money doesnt constitute takin from the poor and givin to the rich??

and regardless if he entered his name or not.. that wasnt what was said.. he said "recieved" which he did then later when on to say "bombed pakistan" which he also did..

i have to agree w/ ktulu
    although i do have an issue with me sittin here defending him. lol
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    dodt.. cop out..

and bailing out the banks with taxpayer's money doesnt constitute takin from the poor and givin to the rich??

and regardless if he entered his name or not.. that wasnt what was said.. he said "recieved" which he did then later when on to say "bombed pakistan" which he also did..

i have to agree w/ ktulu
    although i do have an issue with me sittin here defending him. lol
    So you would rather have the banks and auto industry fail and lose more jobs?..
    Plus most of them paid the money back..

The Pakistan issue was in January of 2009 and he received the Nobel peace prize in Oct 2009...

From Times Online
    January 23, 2009
    President Obama 'orders Pakistan drone attacks'

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

Oslo, October 9, 2009
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • shootemwon
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blatin, you're just an Obama dickrider. I voted for him and probably will vote for him again. That doesn't mean I'm gonna act like he's perfect.
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blatin, you're just an Obama dickrider. I voted for him and probably will vote for him again. That doesn't mean I'm gonna act like he's perfect.

I never said he was perfect.. I just do some research before I start making false claims..
  • shootemwon
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I never said he was perfect.. I just do some research before I start making false claims..

Well, you call "? " on peoples opinions. Not exactly a false claim but certainly an arrogant fallacy.
  • blatin35
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, you call "? " on peoples opinions. Not exactly a false claim but certainly an arrogant fallacy.

He lied and I posted facts. Sounds just like a damn republican..
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I like obama or whatever, but at the end of the day I can give him at best a B-/C+ so far. He's done some good things, but he's also shown weakness constantly and hasn't demonstrated himself to be especially good at making policy or playing politics. His high profile policies have been mediocre at best, he doesn't know how to create and disseminate a narrative, he doesn't know how to deal with the opposition or how to navigate the washington establishment. And maybe most importantly, I think he's totally blown it with the economy by taking a keynesian strategy but only doing it half assed, US economy is ? now because he missmanaged things so badly.
  • shootemwon
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He lied and I posted facts. Sounds just like a damn republican..

I actually don't hear many republicans leveling those kind of complaints against Obama.