Any females in here self conscious about being skinny...

Options
naomi shambles
naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Powder Room
I used to be like that...but now i've accepted it. For a time, I was trying to put on weight, but I realized that it's not in my makeup to get any bigger right now. I will possibly put on weight when I get older but for now I just maintain a healthy lifestyle and accept myself. I know of other forums where black women are really into trying to get bigger butts and hips and are talking about the different medicines and supplements and regimens they are doing just to be thicker. Skinniness in females seems to be frowned upon in the black community:(

Comments

• Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol,You must be talking about black Hair Media.Some of those females are determined!I wouldn't
    even put myself through that much stress just to get a "bigger butt."But you remind me of my
    cousin.She always thought she was too skinny.She tried to eat more but it didn't help.

I think you should accept yourself for who you are.BUT, if you truly want to gain weight do it
    the healthy way, because it is possible.(Buffie the Body said she use to be really skinny but she
    went to a nutritionist that gave her a list of things to eat to gain weight.)Basically more cals
    a day= you gain weight.:)
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You shouldn't if that's how you are naturally. I'm pretty small and I get snide remarks fairly often but I just brush it off. Healthy and happy is the way forward. If the men like you like that and you like yourself like that, it ? well works.
  • 2Gee4FourRoomz
    2Gee4FourRoomz Members Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm in the "black community" and i like skinny girls i dont give a damn, and they usually got sexy ass face so who gives a damn ? dem ?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Slim Goodies>>>>>
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm in the "black community" and i like skinny girls i dont give a damn, and they usually got sexy ass face so who gives a damn ? dem ?

skinny girls on the verge of extinction.
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Smh @ non-anorexic women deliberately putting on weight and making it hard for me to intraracial date.
  • #Kew
    #Kew Members Posts: 299
    edited November 2010
    Options
    don't trip sweetie because you'll still be thin when these hoes let themselves go and if you do gain weight it'll only fill you out more IE Erykah Badu and her thick self...
  • 100%Sag
    100%Sag Members Posts: 294
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I go to great lengths to keep weight OFF. I don't buy into the "thick" obsessions because thick is often an excuse for fat, and cellulite and jiggling everywhere is not a good look. The black community should be more focused on being healthy. There is going to be a lot of 'thick' diabetics and 'thick' hospital patients in the upcoming generations.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love slim chicks...
    thats all I ? with...
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Smh @ non-anorexic women deliberately putting on weight and making it hard for me to intraracial date.

Hahaha, the revolution begins here
  • gilter spike
    gilter spike Members Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i've always been pretty slim, it used to bother me more when i was younger. i've always been athletic tho so i was never skin and bones. but as i've matured i've realized that everyone has their imperfections and that you have to love yourself the way you are. you can look at the negative side of it or stay positive, a lot of people would give anything to be naturally slim, plus we can eat what we like.
    every time writing a pamphlet
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am what people have referred as "slim/thick"
    What makes me slim/thick, goodness, don't even ask but my ex used this term as I am tall and slim but thick in certain areas.
    That is my issue, maintaining the thickness in areas that I want to remain plump. When I shed weight, it comes off everywhere and I don't appreciate that. It would be nice to target specific areas to tone and maintain without losing wanted weight.