Skyline(2010)

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
um tellin you now,dont see this movie

there is s=no story and no point...

its basically two dudes wanted to show how cool htye can make their drawings look on screen,,,thats not a spoiler because there is no story to spoil

Comments

• destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Film sucks.... Still not as bad as clash of the titans cause ...skyline looked better than clashs 3d and it was not even in 3d lol
  • trie
    trie Members Posts: 73
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Movie is not on my top ten list!
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    waste of time.. no story line.. no plot.. it was the most low budget movies since Spike Lee's "get on the bus"
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no highlights at all??
    I was actually gonna go see this last week but something kept stopping me
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Once I saw that Eric Balfour was the lead I knew I wouldn't be going to see it
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no highlights at all??
    I was actually gonna go see this last week but something kept stopping me

no highlights at all fam,,,
    wait for Battle of LA

these dudes were posed to work on that but reniged to do this piece of ? ,,,jus jackin each other off with special effects
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    destro1 wrote: »
    Film sucks.... Still not as bad as clash of the titans cause ...skyline looked better than clashs 3d and it was not even in 3d lol

noooooooo

CotT was kinda bad,,in 3d

Skyline was jus terrible,,,no plot,no nothing,,jus terrible
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea this ? was pointless!!
  • BurninBush
    BurninBush Members Posts: 529 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    decent on the cgi, but that movie ? SUCKED.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BurninBush wrote: »
    decent on the cgi, but that movie ? SUCKED.

Ayo the IMDB comments are too ? funny too, check them ? out!!

One dude said the movie budget was 10 million dollars, and almost all of it went to the special effects, smh!!
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? is like a SyFy channel movie with better effects.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're all dummies for going to see it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was hoping it would be Independence Day pt. II but from what I've seen it sucks ass.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dvd quality is out for the downloaders
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It was aight I guess
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And yea it basically was one of them generic Syfy channel movies
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've seen worse but this wasnt as bad as everybody makes it
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this might have been the worst movie i've ever attempted to watch i literally just turned the movie off after the girlfriend killed the thing on the roof
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just watched it. Okay, it's not great but then it's not that bad either. Yep, it's cliched and the ending was ? but there are still some decent moments in it. Fair play to the film makers for making some big sci-fi action film for basically $15 million, and for that $15 mill they do chuck a fair share of monsters at you. It just shows how cheap the technology is getting nowadays when film makers can make independent special effects films on the cheap.

On another note has anyone seen Monsters yet? Just come out in the UK and was basically made for £500,000. People have been saying it's far better than Skyline anyway since they're both sci-fi monster films done on the cheap with no real studio backing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/
  • danerden
    danerden Members Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have this movie in cinema with mine friends group when it was released but it's story is bad. I really enjoyed in cinema with mine friends....
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just watched it. Okay, it's not great but then it's not that bad either. Yep, it's cliched and the ending was ? but there are still some decent moments in it. Fair play to the film makers for making some big sci-fi action film for basically $15 million, and for that $15 mill they do chuck a fair share of monsters at you. It just shows how cheap the technology is getting nowadays when film makers can make independent special effects films on the cheap.

On another note has anyone seen Monsters yet? Just come out in the UK and was basically made for £500,000. People have been saying it's far better than Skyline anyway since they're both sci-fi monster films done on the cheap with no real studio backing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

I just "received" a DVD quality version of the movie and I wasn't expecting much after reading so many reviews, but the movie was bearable up until it turned into District 9. I looked at the movie and thought to myself that this was a extra long episode of some SyFy show. The FX were decent enough for a television show, but not a blockbuster film. The ending, the very end was SMH. Just turn the story into a TV series and make it a survival show. At least they can draw out the storyline, a reason why the aliens wanted what we saw they were getting from the people they took, and how to reverse the District 9 effect.

As for the movie Monsters, I "received" a DVD quality version of this movie a couple weeks ago and I must say..............BORING!!!!! BORING!!!!! BORING!!!!! BORING!!!!! BORING!!!!! Giant ? squids that come out at night to rub tentacles and make pretty lights, sounding like whales mating, then walk away. They only attack if you ? with them; they only wanted a place to rest and mate.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    anybody catch the black dude bumpin royce? lol yeah movie was garb though
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This movie was so ? that I actually went to Wikipedia while watching it to find out how it ended cause I couldn't watch anymore.....It didn't....
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Once I saw that Eric Balfour was the lead I knew I wouldn't be going to see it
    -Karl- wrote: »
    You're all dummies for going to see it.

pretty much