More insanity from the Muslim world: Man & Woman sentenced to death for heresy

Options
KTULU IS BACK
KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/11/allah_does_not_exist_and_moham.php

A young woman, Asia Bibi, had a few words to say about Islam.

She said that "the Quran is fake and your prophet remained in bed for one month before his death because he had worms in his ears and mouth. He married Khadija just for money and after looting her kicked her out of the house," local police official Muhammad Ilyas told CNN.

Yes, the police got involved! More than involved: Asia Bibi has been sentenced to death for blasphemy.

She was also fined $1100.

Meanwhile, Walid Husayin has been writing an atheist blog, anonymously, in Palestine. He also mocked gods on Facebook. Now he's been caught — he was spotted posting heretical words on his computer in an internet cafe — and people are very unhappy with him.

Now, he faces a potential life prison sentence on heresy charges for "insulting the divine essence." Many in this conservative Muslim town say he should be killed for renouncing Islam, and even family members say he should remain behind bars for life.

"He should be burned to death," said Abdul-Latif Dahoud, a 35-year-old Qalqiliya resident. The execution should take place in public "to be an example to others," he added.

The state probably won't ? him — they're only talking about a life sentence in prison.

You know, the gods are only harmless phantasms. It's their believers who are parasites and killers and dangerous lunatics.

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Christian/Catholic religions did the same thing. Same ? , different name.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Christian/Catholic religions did the same thing. Same ? , different name.

lets just ignore it then in the name of moral relativism

lets pretend its not opposed to everything good about our modern secular civilization with its freedoms of thought and freedoms of speech

lets imagine these animals are just like us
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lets just ignore it then in the name of moral relativism

lets pretend its not opposed to everything good about our modern secular civilization with its freedoms of thought and freedoms of speech

lets imagine these animals are just like us

Lets pretend likes its only Muslims who do or had this behavior

Lets pretend they are the most evil people on earth

We're worse than animals, we're human.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lets pretend likes its only Muslims who do or had this behavior

when have i ever made this type of claim
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when have i ever made this type of claim

Never said you did.

So they don't do ? the way we do things, what business it of yours how they run they country?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So they don't do ? the way we do things, what business it of yours how they run they country?

you're right, i shouldn't have any concern for human beings in other countries
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you're right, i shouldn't have any concern for human beings in other countries

o0o0o0o0o so you posted this because you're undying concern for the human beings there and not because you like to point out how "insane" the Muslim world is?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what do you take me for, some kind of ? ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, just a ? disturber at times.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Life would be better for everyone if we just Nuked Mecca

What? that would mean the end of civilisation as we know it(ww3).
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good thing B.A. isn't Muslim. She would be beheaded for speaking amongst males.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good thing B.A. isn't Muslim. She would be beheaded for speaking amongst males.

Who said I would if I was Muslim?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who said I would if I was Muslim?

Islamic Law...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Islamic Law...

Right I understand that lol, but who's to say I would speak among males? I mean if I grew up that way, maybe I wouldn't?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Right I understand that lol, but who's to say I would speak among males? I mean if I grew up that way, maybe I wouldn't?

Well of course you likely wouldn't lol... leave me be
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well of course you likely wouldn't lol... leave me be

And go figure, the people in the west are "outraged" when they hear stories of women not having this right to speak "over there". If men "here" didn't allow you that right, you wouldn't be saying ? right now either!
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And go figure, the people in the west are "outraged" when they hear stories of women not having this right to speak "over there". If men "here" didn't allow you that right, you wouldn't be saying ? right now either!

Well, IMO Some people in the Western World have that right to speak out against it. No person living should have to stay quiet because they are of a different race or gender. I mean to be honest if I was in a Muslim country talking with a group of people and a guy told his wife or another women to shutup I'd probably punch him in the mouth.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, IMO Some people in the Western World have that right to speak out against it. No person living should have to stay quiet because they are of a different race or gender. I mean to be honest if I was in a Muslim country talking with a group of people and a guy told his wife or another women to shutup I'd probably punch him in the mouth.

Right, but not everyone is at the same stage of development which ever way or direction it's suppose to be. Even if we did feel we had it the right way, we still wouldn't all be on the same page. But you probably already reasoned that lol

Idk what I would do.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Right, but not everyone is at the same stage of development which ever way or direction it's suppose to be. Even if we did feel we had it the right way, we still wouldn't all be on the same page. But you probably already reasoned that lol

Idk what I would do.

I mean, I understand some things in this case their religion is the reason for difference and usually I try to remain respectful towards those things. But killing, locking up, or stoning a person for something like that I just could never hold my tongue on. And it's funny that something that would make me angry enough to hit someone over, I don't give five seconds of thought until I see it or read about it.

And you're a female, ain't much you could do if you were in their country.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I mean, I understand some things in this case their religion is the reason for difference and usually I try to remain respectful towards those things. But killing, locking up, or stoning a person for something like that I just could never hold my tongue on. And it's funny that something that would make me angry enough to hit someone over, I don't give five seconds of thought until I see it or read about it.

And you're a female, ain't much you could do if you were in their country.

But mostly bcuz you live here. If you were raised and brought up over there to whatever their customs and beliefs are, you might be doing the same. Can't use violence to rid violence.

Yeah idk how that would go over.