Ex-girlfriends parents

Options
juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited November 2010 in The Powder Room
Its been about two years since ive seen or spoken to her, but i havent lost contact with her parents at all. Her parents loved me, and after the break up they were more shocked then i was. I see here almost everyday at the gym, When i walk my dog her mom always stops me and we chat for awhile. So the my ex is dating the worlds biggest douchbag, and yet i still got some hidden feelings for her, yes yes i know the flame still burns but my pride will never let me show it.

So her father and me are somewhat gym buddies and he works in the same career as me. The only down thing about this is that everytime i see or talk to them, they tell me about her, and her problems and how they wished i would of been the one, or tell i should call her up, beat up her boyfriend and how they hate him, and how he claims he is going fight me lol that blah blah blah blah that kind of stuff.

I know thats she was the one great love"great white buffalo" but i cant change the past, and i cant get past the ? and drama she cause me nor the heartbreak, so IC what do i do? cut them off, be a ? and stop talking to them?

I thought with age i would understand what to do in the moment but forreal im abit lost on this one

Comments

• rick.flair
    rick.flair Members Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The weird freak who walks around AUB is a myth lol. One doesnt have to be a taxi driver so that he "literally wears no pants". I assure you it happens outside the community of the "crazy cab drivers". I mean this procedure provides better "ventilation". Okay.. Im joking about that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Meh whatever, seems like they need someone to talk to about these things, you were already a part of it so they feel close to you. All you can do it listen, have compassion and lets things flow in the direction things flow.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why is this in the PR? its g&s material....

but anyway you need to cut em off. I mean whats the point in still being close with her parents if yall aren't together? AND you still have feelings for her? Nah...that's never good.
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Maybe him and him and the mamma got something going on, on the side, B.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Sounds like they want you to save her.

Just tell them that she's a grown woman and you don't have any control of the choices she makes.

Was there any one particular instance that led to the breakup?

I know you said there was a lot of drama and everything, but what was the "straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak?

pretty much @ the bolded

they know their daughter is a potential future scallowag taking a slide downwards

the parents are hoping you'll put ya cape back on, cause at least they feel comfortable with you
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited November 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Sounds like they want you to save her.

Just tell them that she's a grown woman and you don't have any control of the choices she makes.

Was there any one particular instance that led to the breakup?

I know you said there was a lot of drama and everything, but what was the "straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak?

Rumors were that she was cheating on me, Her bestfriend told me and then showed me text msg and ? but she never would amited to it. So when i confronted her she end it and i havent spoken to her since and her parents know this.
    pretty much @ the bolded

they know their daughter is a potential future scallowag taking a slide downwards

the parents are hoping you'll put ya cape back on, cause at least they feel comfortable with you

Forreal thats how it makes me feel, i really just dont think its worth it. I love her parents to death and her father is one of those good guys, and that cause he works in the same field i do, so its not like i can just stop talking to him. Even being superman has its limits right?
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmmm,

Sounds like the parents are concern about their daughter and they feel comfortable enought to share that with you, hoping you'd come around and save her from her current boyfriend..

Just let her parents know that their is nothing you can do to astray her from the decisions she choose to make..

And if you still have strong feelings for her doesnt seem to help, ?, do you believe in 2nd chances? I guess it depends on the situation huh?

Keep everything on a mutual level with her parents, nothing wrong being friends with them being that her father and you share the same career, could be beneficial for networking or perhaps he can be your mentor, but if you feel they are keeping you around in terms of open communication because of her then you the unltimate decision maker, either keep her parents in your life for friends and career support or cut all ties with em and move on.. And Ifyou do move on, usher can express that for you with " let it burn"

Goodluck!
  • englishwhiteboy
    englishwhiteboy Members Posts: 139
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well if the conversations with the parents about her still hittin ur heart as ur on a close friendship lvl with the said parents.. maybe u should just ask them to kinda keep her outta conversations ? u still got feelings for her but cussa the past u aint willing to risk those feelings to end up in the same boat?