Battle: Los Angeles Trailer Online

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Battle: Los Angeles Trailer Online
We must watch them

43378.jpg

Sony may have been getting a little nervous about Skyline's pre-empting its release by four months, but on the evidence of this trailer for the sci-fi war epic Battle: Los Angeles, they've got nothing at all to worry about.

It looks as if it's going to live up to its ID:4-meets-Black Hawk Down promise, and the haunting soundtrack (Sun's Gone Dim, by Icelandic composer Johann Johannsson - hat tip to Gazz for that factoid) only adds to the destructive drama. Impressively, Battle: LA seems to have entirely negotiated the hurdle of over-familiarity. We've seen the world's key cities destroyed by aliens before, but not quite like this.

Aaron Eckhart stars as a Marine staff sergeant who becomes mankind's last hope when the alien vs humans battle lines are drawn in the LA sand. He's backed up by Michelle Rodriguez, Ramon Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan, Ne-Yo and Michael Pena. Jonathan Liebesman directed Christopher Bertolini's screenplay, Brian Tyler did the score, and Skyline's Strause Brothers provided VFX work.

The war starts on March 25, 2011.

Owen Williams

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29464

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Props on dropping the title to the score I had to look it up. I could see kanye sampling it revamping it into something great. The whole time I was watching this vid I was waiting for a beat to drop.

nice trailer..glad to see michelle rodriguez is in it shes a soldier girl for sure.
  • clairvoyance
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was waiting for this, since hearing about it from Comic Con.
    I liked the trailer, and the music…hopefully the movie delivers.

Michelle Rodriguez is officially typecast for this role. I like her though & love Eckhart.
    I don’t really want to see Neyo, but I won’t judge…yet
  • clairvoyance
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nobody is checking for this?This is the best trailer I seen this year. I lost count how many times I watched this. The 1:45 - 1:47 mark looks intriguing and serious. I know the previous alien movies tainted any anticipation for it but regardless it looks epic. Michell rodriguez & harvey dent for the win.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I’m a fan of alien invasion movies. I’m really excited for this…

* POSSIBLE spoiler* idk –it’s in the trailer*
    @ 1:48! An alien unexpectedly jumps out the pool & just opens fire on the Marines!
    Pause it, the image is awesome lol. *but one of them looks like it's Neyo…
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Trailer has me intrigued.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *yawns*

after skyline, not impressed. i'll wait.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Props on dropping the title to the score I had to look it up. I could see kanye sampling it revamping it into something great. The whole time I was watching this vid I was waiting for a beat to drop.

nice trailer..glad to see michelle rodriguez is in it shes a soldier girl for sure.

The song is what makes the trailer so epic. Such a sick tune
    sdca wrote: »
    I was waiting for this, since hearing about it from Comic Con.
    I liked the trailer, and the music…hopefully the movie delivers.

Michelle Rodriguez is officially typecast for this role. I like her though & love Eckhart.
    I don’t really want to see Neyo, but I won’t judge…yet

She needs to do a romantic comedy or something
  • clairvoyance
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The song is what makes the trailer so epic. Such a sick tune

C/S I dont know if people know how scoring can play a major part into making a film great,memorable,or even classic if given the right sound. That was one of my gripes I had with watchmen. The music had too much of a 'wonder years' feel to it, it kind of made me forget I was watching a hero flick. Nat king cole(? rest his soul)'unforgettable' is not the right song for a opening fight scene imo.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, the score is nice.

The CGI in the second trailer looked a bit questionable.

I love alien films though so I'll definately checking for this.
  • barbararhea
    barbararhea Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It Seems interesting. I wonder if this time the aliens intend to destroy us, or just take us as slaves? If they are content to depopulate the earth and do not care about living prisoners, I think it would be useless to enter our atmosphere, where they would be vulnerable to our weapons, then they could simply park in the circuit and we hammer with cars.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    After watching that cheesy Transformers 3 trailer, this is easily my most anticipated movie of '11. Good thing we wont have to wait until summer for this to drop.