What is ? really?

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This thread is a three part inspiration, one is from this post:
VIBE86 wrote: »
Is it all just YOU as a PERSON that exhibits these things that we might think is Jesus or ? ?

The other was this part of a book called "Seth Speaks":

"Only a portion of your entire identity is "presently" familiar to you, as you know. Therefore, when you consider the question of a supreme being, you imagine a male personality with those abilities that you yourself possess, with great emphasis upon those qualities you admire. This imagined ? has therefore changed throughout your centuries mirroring man's shifting ideas of himself."

And lastly from various wonderings about why humans devise hero's to live up to.

How likely is it that this ? we believe in is actually a faint perception of our 'future' selves? These ideals we hold to being an actuality for mankind down the line? Is that what "? " really is?

Comments

• universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think ? is a process
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think ? is nothing more than a concept that was created to easily explain the unexplainable

Humans like answers. You haven't noticed how often they ask questions? People think humans stop asking questions after the "why why why" phase, but they don't, they just refine their questions. Hopefully.
    I think ? is a process
    A process.... that's interesting. How would you describe it?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    easy one. ? is ?

I agree, to really say more than that does no justice. But for conversation sake, if we imagined, what would we imagine ? to be.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? is the law of physics. ? is how the universe and everything within it operates. From molecules to solar systems to galaxies. People back then didn't have our modern scientific terms, so they used their own terms.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    ? is the law of physics. ? is how the universe and everything within it operates. From molecules to solar systems to galaxies. People back then didn't have our modern scientific terms, so they used their own terms.

And in all that we can understand about the universe and it's physics and quantum physics, there still remains an ultimately unknowable aspect to it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes I have noticed, that is the reason for my answer...

which is why ? was created by humans...? is the answer to all questions for a lot of people...

oh yeah I guess so hey? my bad duuuur

Would the Higgs boson be the '? ' for science?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And in all that we can understand about the universe and it's physics and quantum physics, there still remains an ultimately unknowable aspect to it.

We probably don't even know half of what there is to know about the universe.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    We probably don't even know half of what there is to know about the universe.

Lol you give humans way to much credit, jk I know you don't for reals
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    ? is a metaphor used to explain existence. without ? , man had no answers. Now that man has other answers, he can start to abandon his older ideas. (or at least some will)

But what if they are the same explanations said differently, in different languages that neither side understand very well?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Me....
    You.....
    Ether.....
    Janklow.....
    Barney.......
    Breathing Flesh...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Me....
    You.....
    Ether.....
    Janklow.....
    Barney.......
    Breathing Flesh...
    You know what this means don't you? That if you had put 2012 before Ether, your post would have been prophetic.
    Me....
    You.....
    Ether.....
    Janklow.....
    Barney.......
    Breathing Flesh...
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You know what this means don't you? That if you had put 2012 before Ether, your post would have been prophetic.
    Me....
    You.....
    Ether.....
    Janklow.....
    Barney.......
    Breathing Flesh...

ajm.jpg

innie minnie miny mo, catch a tiger by his toe
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How likely is it that this ? we believe in is actually a faint perception of our 'future' selves? These ideals we hold to being an actuality for mankind down the line? Is that what "? " really is?

I think it's very likely that this '? ' is ourselves. We've come a long way, from explaining things through a '? ' and now to explaining things through science. We can offer in science some story (or 'theory' if you'd like) about a creation. Our beginning has been put together as best as it can possibly be put together for now. I think the '? code' is math. They've puzzled together the blue prints for our universe and ourselves. So in that sense we can possibly be ourselves, ? .

How is ? even explainable? I don't think it ever is. We can only come to terms with our minds. We console and explain to ourselves, we bring ourselves to this understanding/belief.

Still, what is ? or who is ? ? The answers I think lie within the so called, '? code'. We will find it one day, we're getting closer.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This thread is a three part inspiration, one is from this post:

The other was this part of a book called "Seth Speaks":

"Only a portion of your entire identity is "presently" familiar to you, as you know. Therefore, when you consider the question of a supreme being, you imagine a male personality with those abilities that you yourself possess, with great emphasis upon those qualities you admire. This imagined ? has therefore changed throughout your centuries mirroring man's shifting ideas of himself."

And lastly from various wonderings about why humans devise hero's to live up to.

In the Beginning, there is The Infinite One. This is the Source of All. Intelligent Infinity. It is the undifferentiated absolute.
    Within It, is unlimited potential, waiting to 'become'. Think of it as the "uncarved block" of your Taoist traditions.
    Infinite Intelligence, becoming 'aware' of Itself, seeks to experience Itself, and The One Infinite Creator is 'born', or
    'manifest' (This appears to your 3rd Density comprehension as "Space"). In effect, the 'Creator', is a point of focused Infinite
    Consciousness or awareness, into Infinite Intelligent Energy. The One Infinite Creator also becoming self aware, seeks too
    to experience Itself as Creator, and in so doing, begins the next step down in the Creational spiral. The One Infinite Creator,
    in focusing It's Infinite Intelligence, becomes Intelligent Energy (which you could call the Great Central Sun), and divides
    Itself into smaller portions of Itself, that can then in turn experience themselves as Creators (or Central Suns). In other
    words, each Central Sun (or Creator) is a 'step down' in Conscious awareness (or distortion) from the Original
    'thought' of Creation. So "In the beginning" was not "The Word", but Thought. The Word, is thought expressed and
    made manifest as Creator.
    There is Unity. Unity is All there is. Infinite Intelligence, and Infinite Energy. The two are One, and within them, is the
    potental for all Creation. This state of Consciousness could be termed as 'Being'.
    Infinite Intelligence does not recognize it's 'potential'. It is the undifferentiated absolute. But Infinite Energy recognizes the
    potential of 'becoming' all things, in order to bring any desired experience into 'being'.
    Intelligent Infinity can be likened to the central 'Heartbeat' of Life, and Infinite Energy as the Spiritual 'Life-blood' (or
    potential) which 'pumps out' for the Creator to form the Creation.

..from the "the Hidden Hand" (copied from a forum in ATS)
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »

..from the "the Hidden Hand" (copied from a forum in ATS)

In your personal experience, what is ? ?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    thread title sounds hood

what's really ? , b?
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In your personal experience, what is ? ?

o.k in one sentence...i believe there are some truth in what i posted, that ? is an absolute energy of light that became aware, awareness led to purpuse, which brought forth creation. the primary created form, intelligent beings, are the the light being manifested in physical form to experience creation before returing to the source.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The short answer is ? is holy.

And one day every single being who has ever lived will stand before Him and behold His majesty. I pray that you will be on His side when that day comes. ? bless.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    o.k in one sentence...i believe there are some truth in what i posted, that ? is an absolute energy of light that became aware, awareness led to purpuse, which brought forth creation. the primary created form, intelligent beings, are the the light being manifested in physical form to experience creation before returing to the source.

I could agree to much in your previous post, but have you personally experienced what ? is, assuming there is a ? to experience of course?
    The short answer is ? is holy.

And one day every single being who has ever lived will stand before Him and behold His majesty. I pray that you will be on His side when that day comes. ? bless.

Every knee shall bow? Or every knee of every follower?
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I could agree to much in your previous post, but have you personally experienced what ? is, assuming there is a ? to experience of course?

everday...by looking in the mirror, by staring in awe at his creation, the sunrise, the stars in the sky, trees plants, animals...nature...love, hate, wars, peace...friendship, thought, speech, the internet, good, bad, evil....FREE WILL!!....all is an extension of ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options

Every knee shall bow? Or every knee of every follower?

Every knee shall bow, wether in heaven, on earth, or under the earth.

There will be no unbelievers on the last day.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of ? the Father." Philippians 2:10-11
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    everday...by looking in the mirror, by staring in awe at his creation, the sunrise, the stars in the sky, trees plants, animals...nature...love, hate, wars, peace...friendship, thought, speech, the internet, good, bad, evil....FREE WILL!!....all is an extension of ? .
    It's all an extension of ? , it there any chance to experience Infinite Intelligence? Or are we to far removed(and distorted) to?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Every knee shall bow, wether in heaven, on earth, or under the earth.

There will be no unbelievers on the last day.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of ? the Father." Philippians 2:10-11

Then why are you hoping(have faith) people will be on his side* if it says all will?
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's all an extension of ? , it there any chance to experience Infinite Intelligence? Or are we to far removed(and distorted) to?

once we start practicing service to others (love your neigbours as you love yourself) and seek out spirtually as agianst materiallity, the veil will be remove from our eyes. Yes we have become extermely corrupted and this was done collectively, so collectively we all have to become spiritually aware to change OUR reality.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Then why are you hoping(have faith) people will be on his side* if it says all will?

Because I wish the 2nd death upon nobody. The passage I posted is in refernce to every living being who has ever lived, wether human or angel, acknowledging that Jesus Christ is ? . This universal adoration will happen when the dead are raised to life on the last day. All those who will be raised on the last day will be cast alive into the lake of fire, but not before confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord. So my prayer is that when the last day comes, you will be standing on Gods side, having lived with Him for the previous 1,000 years because you believed on Him. ? bless.