Options
    I play KOF 98 online on MAME, Im ass at KOF though

my gamertag is Smoke313 on MAME too

I'd play you but my cpu is really ? up right now
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SMH that up until 12, they been using the same sprites since 98. Not hating on the franchise tho, I copped 11 for the ps2 and it was a good game.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh at Rugal giving people nightmares lol
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My favorite KOF are 98, 02 and XI. Haven't got a chance to play XIII yet. Maybe i'll check it out when i go to the city next week. Heard chinatown fair arcade finally has it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I never played 2002, I heard alot of ppl consider it the best KOF
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol I've been ? with the series since I can remember (best KOF and SF was Capcom vs SNK imo lol)

I have 12.....which is an incomplete game(and the saga is ? lame really)....eventhough the karakters lacked moves the gameplay is the ? , graphic wise also(robert garcia/ryu sakazaki/terry or andy bogard was my crew).......but I do not know whether part 13 will bring so much more to the table than part 12 simply because the game still lacks Rugal and Geese lol. Seriously I'll probably cop the game regardless.....but they need to put one of those cats in the ? game...now it still misses a true boss karakter/villian. I know the saga ends after 13 but still, ? 's could have taken the fighting genre back if they gave us the cool azz karakters(because graphic wise this game is unique, the 2d style is the ? imo) but the saga is ? ? I'm telling u. the blond haired red dress wearing 'boss' chick has no charisma or appeal whatsoever, this has to be one of the most pussified saga ever(when the could have given us the realest KOF)

they need to switch management at SNK playmore/ignition entertainment
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options

98. either the dreamcast or the ultimate slugfest version for ps2. is the definitive KOF. i wish sony would up the ante and put some of these classic snk games out on PSN.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    98. either the dreamcast or the ultimate slugfest version for ps2. is the definitive KOF. i wish sony would up the ante and put some of these classic snk games out on PSN.

yea 98 is the only one I really play, I still play it on MAME
  • genocide_cutter
    edited November 2010
    Options

In some ways. It is rather broken though
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Capcom vs snk>>>
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Capcom vs snk>>>

CVS1 is trash CVS2 is a classic
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yea i think 2002 is up on XbLA gonna dl this soon. i got 98 on import for my sega saturn
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SNK shoulda went outta business when they made KOF 12. I only have KOF XI and Snk vs Capcom 2. The 3D one was cool too. What's so special about KOF 98, it seems to be everybody's favorite.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SNK shoulda went outta business when they made KOF 12. I only have KOF XI and Snk vs Capcom 2. The 3D one was cool too. What's so special aboutKOF 98, it seems to be everybody's favorite.

Its fun as hell
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I played 96 on up to 99. Owned 96, 97,98, 99, and 2001. I also played the one that came out last year.

KOF is one of the few fighting games where I could play with just about every body. Terry, Irori, and Garcia was my competitive team. After that it was usually Kyo, K, and Rugal. Or whoever else I felt like ? with. Goentiz was tight, Yamazaki, Leona, Ralph was a dawg, King, Kim, the Red headed boxer chick, Ryo, Mr. Big, Mature, Vice. Hell, just about every one. Even Mai with the bouncy.

It was definitely the "cooler" game far as presentation and characters was concerned. I'd have to go with 96 being my favorite. Every year they seemed to take something I liked out of the game. Then once I got used to the new ? , they'd change it again. I hated that.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SNK shoulda went outta business when they made KOF 12. I only have KOF XI and Snk vs Capcom 2. The 3D one was cool too. What's so special about KOF 98, it seems to be everybody's favorite.

has the biggest roster and is the most balanced.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CVS1 is trash CVS2 is a classic

they really should have named CVS1 street figher vs fatal fury. thats basically what it was.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they really should have named CVS1 street figher vs fatal fury. thats basically what it was.

cosign lol, What did yall think of Snk vs Capcom Chaos? Its the one developed by SNK, Capcom made CVS1 and CVS2
  • genocide_cutter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cosign lol, What did yall think of Snk vs Capcom Chaos? Its the one developed by SNK, Capcom made CVS1 and CVS2

Garbage but only because snk were going bankrupt and had to rush it out
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options

it was okay. i don't get why snk built the game on the MVS system. should of went with the Naomi board. ANYTHING but the old ass neo geo system that most gamers do not own. then they ported it. i only played this in emulation. had alot of promise but snk dropped the ball.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it was okay. i don't get why snk built the game on the MVS system. should of went with the Naomi board. ANYTHING but the old ass neo geo system that most gamers do not own. then they ported it. i only played this in emulation. had alot of promise but snk dropped the ball.

Yea I only played the game on Neogeo rage emulator
  • genocide_cutter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea I only played the game on Neogeo rage emulator

Emulating thats how snk ran out of buisness last time