Human wisdom doesn't save

Options
Rock_Well
Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
what are the chances human wisdom can lead a person down the path of salvation?

sadly, it's about 0 to like an infinity

without ? 's word, really, none of us would know what we needed to do to be saved. And we'd never figure it out on our own either.

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you're ? .....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What consists of human wisdom, what wisdom do you speak of?
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you're ? .....

wa. ha. haaaa.. funnny
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What consists of human wisdom, what wisdom do you speak of?

wisdom in regards to why we as humans do what we do, and why we personally act the way we do.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wisdom in regards to why we as humans do what we do, and why we personally act the way we do.

So ? 'gave us a wisdom' that is pretty much useless?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

human wisdom explains both of those phenomena a lot better than "A MAGIC MAN MADE IT SO"
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options

Like what? What are some examples of the wisdom humans have gathered about why we do the things we do and why we act the way we do?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I disagree. Wisdom and good intent is all you need.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »

Gucci Disagrees

gucci.gif
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Gucci Disagrees

gucci.gif

If gucci disagrees with me, then I MUST be doing something right.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Like what? What are some examples of the wisdom humans have gathered about why we do the things we do and why we act the way we do?

For reals, let me know, I wanna ditch that wisdom with a quickness, it's probably keeping me down.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For reals, let me know, I wanna ditch that wisdom with a quickness, it's probably keeping me down.

Stop picking on people
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Stop picking on people

Lmao : (

I'm just thinking(probably with my "human wisdom") that if you make a statement, you should probably be able to give examples. Don't most good teachers?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lmao : (

I'm just thinking(probably with my "human wisdom") that if you make a statement, you should probably be able to give examples. Don't most good teachers?

Normal teachers don't teach faith. With faith you only need to shutup and believe, examples are for the devil.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So ? 'gave us a wisdom' that is pretty much useless?

it's not that, it's just that when it comes to religion a lot of folk think that that's all the knowledge they'll ever need.
    human wisdom explains both of those phenomena a lot better than "A MAGIC MAN MADE IT SO"

well i won't argue against that

oh and among the list of things that consist of human wisdom, add religious writings of men.

another example would be like when a person 'looks inside' himself to 'find answers' about life issues. Picture a buddhist monk meditating. Or picture a person that is supposedly 'intuned' with unseen spiritual forces of the world and uses their 'senses' in the practice of divination, getting knowledge about things that otherwise humans wouldn't or shouldn't know.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options

interesting. So you believe ? mainly is only concerned with our intent?
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options

Human wisdom won't lead to half the conclusions the prophets of ? came to.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    did ? give scientist wisdom to figure out that some of the ? that his profits claimed was a work of ? actually wasn't?
    No, scientists haven't figured out anything in that matter. I guess that one of the reason why Paul made sure to tell the young Timothy -
    "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to your trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" (1 Timothy 6:20)
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmm, interesting.. it is impossible to encompass the sum total of human knowledge
    in any one language, in any one time, for the whole of the human race.
    Some men have been wise since they learned to walk on two feet, before language,and before printing.

The other point is that it is impossible to know simultaneously the wisdom of every living person in the world even now, let alone those who preceded us, leaving nothing of their civilisation or thoughts to know them by.

Human wisdom cannot be contained at all, at any time, in any language, by any section of the people..
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting.. it is impossible to encompass the sum total of human knowledge
    in any one language, in any one time, for the whole of the human race.
    Some men have been wise since they learned to walk on two feet, before language,and before printing.

The other point is that it is impossible to know simultaneously the wisdom of every living person in the world even now, let alone those who preceded us, leaving nothing of their civilisation or thoughts to know them by.

Human wisdom cannot be contained at all, at any time, in any language, by any section of the people..
    pretty much, and at least one of the obvious reason why not is because human wisdom is constantly changing...? 's word doesn't give knowledge pertaining to those type of things. That type of knowledge is from the world, not from Heaven. And neither will that type of knowledge lead to salvation.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    interesting. So you believe ? mainly is only concerned with our intent?

Being saved is not about some ? in a court room saving you from a life sentence in hell... Intent has a result on people's choices and decision making. Those choices and decisions effect the world, because everyone is making them. If someone decides to be a scientist because they want to find a cure for sickness because they love helping people.... that's different than someone becoming a scientist because they just want to make alot of money.

Let's say some corporation comes along and offers that scientist a ? load of money to buy their discovery so that they can keep it a secret and make money off the medicine rather the cure; The scientist who intended on making money, will take the bribe and the world will be effected because there will be no cure and everyone will continue to die from that sickness. But if it was the scientist who loved to help people, they wouldn't take the money, they would release the cure, and the world would also be effected by that decision. Intent is more important than the act.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options

oh and among the list of things that consist of human wisdom, add religious writings of men.

another example would be like when a person 'looks inside' himself to 'find answers' about life issues. Picture a buddhist monk meditating. Or picture a person that is supposedly 'intuned' with unseen spiritual forces of the world and uses their 'senses' in the practice of divination, getting knowledge about things that otherwise humans wouldn't or shouldn't know.

You are either a fool or believe I am fool if you expect me to believe you don't look within.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You sayin all my fancy book learnings won't save me from H-E-double hockey sticks?
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Being saved is not about some ? in a court room saving you from a life sentence in hell... Intent has a result on people's choices and decision making. Those choices and decisions effect the world, because everyone is making them. If someone decides to be a scientist because they want to find a cure for sickness because they love helping people.... that's different than someone becoming a scientist because they just want to make alot of money.

Let's say some corporation comes along and offers that scientist a ? load of money to buy their discovery so that they can keep it a secret and make money off the medicine rather the cure; The scientist who intended on making money, will take the bribe and the world will be effected because there will be no cure and everyone will continue to die from that sickness. But if it was the scientist who loved to help people, they wouldn't take the money, they would release the cure, and the world would also be effected by that decision. Intent is more important than the act.
    you make a good point about intentions however i noticed you didn't use the example where someone has good intentions but yet does an act that actually makes things turn out for the worse....which is why i don't really try to pinpoint a person intentions, i just stick to observing what they do...unless they expose themselves (what they intend).
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You are either a fool or believe I am fool if you expect me to believe you don't look within.

I'm not telling you not to do that, and i'm not saying that i don't sometimes do that. The point is, that doing so might lead a person to a better understanding of themselves and/or to observations they wouldn't normally make but very rarely does it lead to a Truth. only a truth in regards to what they feel or think.
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    This is a brainwashing verse. Who gave man the mind to figure out things? If all of man had listen to and believed the bible chicken pox would have wiped humanity out. Someone had to stop praying and actually look for answers.
    lol so because the verse doesn't automatically fit your preconceived ideas, you automatically dismiss it? Gotta love how people can do that

it still doesn't make sense that ? would perform miracles, defying the laws of physical science, and then later grant some random man the ability to explain away the very miracles that were performed, refuting the idea that it was a miracle in the first place.
    b*braze wrote: »
    You sayin all my fancy book learnings won't save me from H-E-double hockey sticks?
    unfortunately not. :(

But if you contribute some of your brightness and learning abilities to studying and living by the standard taught in the Bible, which tells men what to do to be saved, then you won't have to worry about H-E-double hockey sticks. :)