Are "we" a church?

Options
toktaylor
toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Christian Definition: (1) The gathered assembly of believers in Jesus Christ, (2)A church is a building in which Christians meet for worship

What is a church, is it a building or is it a coming together of people giving fellowship (discussion) to ? . If this is so, then is not this forum a church. Are we not speaking from the heart as to our interpretation of the creator and how, we think that he wants us to live. What is your thought on this matter, are we not doing ? ’s work by trying to find him and to seek his knowledge?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I would have to go with a gathering of people. I don't know if all the people discussing stuff are believers in jesus though. Not in a literal sense anyhow.

Aha! so that's what ? 's work is......
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I would have to go with a gathering of people. I don't know if all the people discussing stuff are believers in jesus though. Not in a literal sense anyhow.

Aha! so that's what ? 's work is......
    They may not all belive in Jesus but i am sure, MOST believe in ? (whatever they concieve he/she/it to be), that is why they are here (in this forum) to seek answers. By providing our different perception and theories we are facilitating the making of a church. the ILL COMMUNITY COME ALL DENOMINATION CHURCH.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm not to sure what to call it all, I just enjoy all the thoughts everyone shares, their POVs and perspectives.... it's great.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, I don't believe in ? . Jesus (if he existed at all) was a great man, nothing else. IC is not a church, but it's typicl thinking of Christians to think that they are the only religion that matters, as if IC ONLY talks about Christ and Christianity.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, this is not a church...nor should some churches should be called that. However, the IC is a place where voices can be heard and if it just happen to be about Christianity, so be it.