black swan

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
can't embed cuz i'm at work...

but who's checking for it??

Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'ma have to watch this when it comes out on the net...It looks like a decent movie...plus it has some sexy scenes between Natalie Portman & Mila Kunis both of which I find very beautiful..so yeah I'ma have to watch it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is up there along with 127 Hours as one of the films I'm desperate to watch at the moment. It's supposed to be absolutely demented and a few people are even labelling it a female Fight Club. Like I said, I want to see this badly
  • Dupac
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is up there along with 127 Hours as one of the films I'm desperate to watch at the moment. It's supposed to be absolutely demented and a few people are even labelling it a female Fight Club. Like I said, I want to see this badly

i saw 127 hours monday night...

good ?
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    plus it has some sexy scenes between Natalie Portman & Mila Kunis ]
    ? you y :(
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Anything by aronofsky is almost always going to be a must see for me. so yea
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've read that the script was supposed to be crazy, but who knows if it reaches that level on film. Either way, D.A. can always drop a good, dark film so i'll watch it.
  • Ounceman
    edited December 2010
    Options
    movie's dropping today. im going to see it this weekend. some critics are already hailing it as a surrealist masterpiece. and movies that deal with surrealism are among my favorites. definately count me in
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That trailor looked weak........a ballet movie? come on kids...you have to find a better movie then this to try and be psuedo intellects
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I heard its great
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gonna Have To Wait On The DVD For This One I Cant See Even My Wannabe "Movie Buffs" Friends To Come See This
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    Options
    went to see this ? over the weekend...
    GOAT>..

GOAT....

GOAT...

"I was perfect"

man... yall ? needa go see this ? asaping now
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^^^

you know the dvd screener just dropped right?

Didnt get to watch it yet, everyone is saying its good though
  • Ounceman
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can't believe I forgot to comment on this. Again aronofsky hits it out of the park. This just might very well be one of my fav of his. This ranks up there with pi, the wrestler, and requiem. Natalie portman deserves a nod for a nuanced Oscar worthy performance. The way the film depicts her descent into madness is very reminiscent of roman polanski's repulsion. Or even igmar bergman's persona. Def. One of the top movies of 2010. And I also have a feeling it will be a film that will continue to go unnoticed
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i could care less about a "black swan" im tired of seeing white people movies. i need more black in my life
  • Ounceman
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i could care less about a "black swan" im tired of seeing white people movies. i need more black in my life

I would like more black in mine as well. But if that also translates into putting up with more disposable Tyler Perry films which consists of maximum coonage and effortless cross dressing, I think I'll just suck up my pride and stick with them ? movies
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gonna watch it right now to see whats up
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gonna watch it right now to see whats up

LMBAO!!!!

you be killing me with the "DVD screener is out......" for just about every movie out.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it was average....the ? just needed to eat a damn sandwhich
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    just saw it alls i gota say is ? got hard than a muthafka for couple them scenes

the director of this movie wins at life
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this was a damn good movie
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I thought it was interesting the director said this is a companion piece to "The Wrestler"

"I've always considered the two films companion pieces. They are really connected and people will see the connections. It's funny, because wrestling some consider the lowest art — if they would even call it art — and ballet some people consider the highest art. But what was amazing to me was how similar the performers in both of these worlds are. They both make incredible use of their bodies to express themselves. They're both performers. At one point, way before I made "The Wrestler," I was actually developing a project that was about a love affair between a ballet dancer and a wrestler, and then it kind of split off into two movies. So I guess my dream is that some art theater will play the films as a double feature some day."
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this was a damn good movie

co-sign!!!
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    went to see this ? over the weekend...
    GOAT>..

GOAT....

GOAT...

"I was perfect"

man... yall ? needa go see this ? asaping now

i saw it the opening weekend...joint was good...shorty i'm messing with uses perfect as our safe word
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oranofsky is that ? ...seriously this is definitely a companion movie to the wrestler...both are dark as ? with sublime performances from both lead actors. Portman was incredible in this...so was Jackie actually. Great script and shot perfectly.

"I've always considered the two films companion pieces. They are really connected and people will see the connections. It's funny, because wrestling some consider the lowest art — if they would even call it art — and ballet some people consider the highest art. But what was amazing to me was how similar the performers in both of these worlds are. They both make incredible use of their bodies to express themselves. They're both performers. At one point, way before I made "The Wrestler," I was actually developing a project that was about a love affair between a ballet dancer and a wrestler, and then it kind of split off into two movies. So I guess my dream is that some art theater will play the films as a double feature some day."
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Saw it this past weekend. Great movie...just as good as The Wrestler and Requiem.

I think Natalie Portman's character was a schizophrenic to begin with and the pressure of ballet just amplified things...she had ALL the signs.