That's mighty virtuous of you!

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What is virtue? Is it a thing or a way, a state of mind?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well I personally think virtue is a way. It develops from the things you do/don't do.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've heard it said that "wisdom is knowing the right thing to do; virtue is doing it." So in that light, I suppose it is a way of being, a state of mind...but it is also any number of positive qualities (e.g. 'patience is a virtue'). I guess virtue is like the opposite of sin; if sin is anything that separates you from ? or your higher/better self, than virtue is doing that which brings you closer. Which is why so few people are really virtuous all (or most) of the time, 'cause it's hard to to live up to once you set a standard or "put yourself on a pedestal" for other people to be able to pull you down, so to speak.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    I've heard it said that "wisdom is knowing the right thing to do; virtue is doing it." So in that light, I suppose it is a way of being, a state of mind...but it is also any number of positive qualities (e.g. 'patience is a virtue'). I guess virtue is like the opposite of sin; if sin is anything that separates you from ? or your higher/better self, than virtue is doing that which brings you closer. Which is why so few people are really virtuous all (or most) of the time, 'cause it's hard to to live up to once you set a standard or "put yourself on a pedestal" for other people to be able to pull you down, so to speak.

I like this description.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »

How do those positive qualities get me closer to my higher self/? ?
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How do those positive qualities get me closer to my higher self/? ?

We operate on vibrations. We are light beings. The higher the frequency we're at, the happier we are and feel and the more likely you are to want to do good. The lower our frequency, the more depressed and miserable we become. It's liek the expression, "I'm feeling down".. or "I'm high on life!" That has to do with vibrations and frequencies that we're in.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    We operate on vibrations. We are light beings. The higher the frequency we're at, the happier we are and feel and the more likely you are to want to do good. The lower our frequency, the more depressed and miserable we become. It's liek the expression, "I'm feeling down".. or "I'm high on life!" That has to do with vibrations and frequencies that we're in.

So being virtuous is a higher frequency? Who tested this? The slower the vibration the more solid, so if I was super high vibrating, would I disappear?
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So being virtuous is a higher frequency? Who tested this? The slower the vibration the more solid, so if I was super high vibrating, would I disappear?

Yes, being virtuous is a higher frequency. No, u would not disappear from vibrating at a higher rate.

I tested it
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, being virtuous is a higher frequency. No, u would not disappear from vibrating at a higher rate.

I tested it

How do you know your frequency was raised? What's your average Hz when vibrating higher?
  • melanated khemist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How do you know your frequency was raised? What's your average Hz when vibrating higher?

joking about testing it, but during pranayama im down to 35 bpm which is less than 1.00hz.

in order to vibrate on higher frequencies, we have to purge out impurities and still the mind.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    this where I got stuck and started thinking about quality btw.

It's a hard thing to pin down it seems.
    joking about testing it, but during pranayama im down to 35 bpm which is less than 1.00hz.

in order to vibrate on higher frequencies, we have to purge out impurities and still the mind.

How do you know you're vibrating at higher frequencies? Is there ? signs or mental signs?
  • melanated khemist
    edited November 2010
    Options

How do you know you're vibrating at higher frequencies? Is there ? signs or mental signs?

How do you know you're vibrating at higher frequencies?

knowing & studying the ontological order of being, following body & thought patterns....

Is there ? signs or mental signs?

both for me, and everyone else who pays attention or experiments.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options

You can feel it too. When you are calm and peaceful and just feel good about yourself and about life, this is your whole state of being at a higher frequency. When you're depressed and sad or angry and you feel like you just want to jump off a bridge or punch someone in the face, it's because you're at dis ease. Your frequency is lower and when you're in this state, you're more vulnerable to being taken advantage of or doing something you might regret.

Being healthy and eating right and exercising also helps raise your vibe. Clearing your mind and meditating is just as important. Your mind is just as much a muscle as your biceps. Use it or lose it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Guess I'll just have to experience it to say for sure.... in a subjective kind of way. Bcuz its like, would I actually be vibrated at higher frequencies or would it just be a matter of perception?
  • melanated khemist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=BiblicalAtheist;1623838]Guess I'll just have to experience it to say for sure.... in a subjective kind of way. Bcuz its like, would I actually be vibrated at higher frequencies or would it just be a matter of perception?[/QUOTE]

thats the only way

everything in the universe exists as subjective, and only becomes objective within the limited minds of humans