Angels - in the LIKENESS of men

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
When the people in the bible describe angels, whether seen on earth or heaven, they describe them as 'in the likeness of men' or pretty much 'human'

What is their original form then as an 'angel'?

This has always struck me as odd, because it seems like the angels can 'transform' to and from their original form to human form.

Could this be not angels or ? but something to do with the 'AAT' ? (Ancient Alien Theory)

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm sure it has to do with Extra Terrestrials. They probably look just like us, and gave our primate ancestors a genetic boost to evolve quicker into our current state.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    When the people in the bible describe angels, whether seen on earth or heaven, they describe them as 'in the likeness of men' or pretty much 'human'

What is their original form then as an 'angel'?

)

Ezekiel 1:5-7 (King James Version)

5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

Ezekiel 10:14-15 (King James Version)

14And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

15And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

And that's how angels look? So they are pretty much alien.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    Ezekiel 1:5-7 (King James Version)

5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

Ezekiel 10:14-15 (King James Version)

14And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

15And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.

I think that description depicts humoniod in some type of vehicle. if ancient people had seen someone in an Helicopter that is probably how they would describe it.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    I think that description depicts humoniod in some type of vehicle. if ancient people had seen someone in an Helicopter that is probably how they would describe it.

Most Likely. If you brought any type of our modern flying machines back in time... they would probably call it a flying chariot of the gods. They would most likely compare the look of the vehicle to an animal or whatever it most resembles to someone with the mental capacity of a modern 5 year old. Then they would compare the sound it made with a waterfall or hurricane winds.... you know... voice of ? type of descriptions.

Jet? Face of an eagle? Helicopter? face of a Lion? Put them all together, that's one ? up looking craft or being lol
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But what it's describing is a 'living creature', not a vehicle and obviously they do talk about 'chariots' and what not so they can differentiate a 'vehicle' between a 'living creature'. I understand what you guys are explaining though.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    But what it's describing is a 'living creature', not a vehicle and obviously they do talk about 'chariots' and what not so they can differentiate a 'vehicle' between a 'living creature'. I understand what you guys are explaining though.

Or, it could be a vehicle that they think is alive. Who knows what kind of weird looking vessels Alien technology is capable of. Could even be artificial intelligence or android type ? . I mean even a swirling ? would probably look like a live giant worm to them lol.... If they have no knowledge of power sources, anything they see operating without a person or animal directly making it operate, they would most likely think is alive.

If you've ever seen the movie "The Abyss" .... that's a good example of the vehicles the aliens had that resembled life forms.