Why do some blacks feel that they can say dark-skinned blacks are unattractive

Options
allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
because they're black?

It seems that some people believe that because they're black they can make statements that would be unacceptable if whites and people of other races said them.

The truth is that it is worse when a black person make these kinds of comments about dark-skinned black people. For if you don't like or aren't attracted to dark-skinned blacks what you're saying is that you aren't attracted to blacks unless they're mixed with something (whether the mix is in the recent past or not). In other words, you bought what the white man has been saying for the longest.

Comments

• simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited November 2010
    Options
    someone should slap the ? out of your black ass.
    always the ? 's bringing up this subject.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Because they can make such statements, not because they are black, but because attraction is subjective.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    because they're black?

It seems that some people believe that because they're black they can make statements that would be unacceptable if whites and people of other races said them.

The truth is that it is worse when a black person make these kinds of comments about dark-skinned black people. For if you don't like or aren't attracted to dark-skinned blacks what you're saying is that you aren't attracted to blacks unless they're mixed with something (whether the mix is in the recent past or not). In other words, you bought what the white man has been saying for the longest.
    CO Sign
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    same reason some say they arent attracted to lightskin or white or asains ...etc...etc like many posters say in the IC its preference not prejudice (I dont agree)
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ayo Bruh Bruh ????????? You might got some book knowledge and all.. But N****** you need to grow a ? set, B. Mos Def U do Dunny
  • Copper
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^^ shots fired
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Because they can make such statements, not because they are black, but because attraction is subjective.

Attraction is not purely subjective. Do you mean that if someone grew up in 12th century Africa he or she would be attracted to the same people he/she is attracted to in, say, 21st century NY?
  • The_Introvert
    The_Introvert Members Posts: 796
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People who base attraction solely on the hue of ones skin tone are ignorant.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? works both ways people get applauded when they speak out about light skinned bishes in the media videos and ? (like thats something to aspire to).

yall ? about this ? every other wknd
  • The_Introvert
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    ? works both ways people get applauded when they speak out about light skinned bishes in the media videos and ? (like thats something to aspire to).

yall ? about this ? every other wknd

Nah ALLReasonedOut love making these type of threads. Bruh need to sort out some issues for himself.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    willie lynch syndrome

self hate

the media

That about sums it up.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Attraction is not purely subjective. Do you mean that if someone grew up in 12th century Africa he or she would be attracted to the same people he/she is attracted to in, say, 21st century NY?
    No, in your example two different subjects were subjected to two different experiences, so any differences in who they're attracted to serve to prove the subjectivity of attraction.

If I were claiming different people with different experiences must still always be attracted to the same people, I'd be claiming attraction is objective, not subjective.

I'm making no such claim.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nah ALLReasonedOut love making these type of threads. Bruh need to sort out some issues for himself.

I don't get that. Why do I have an issue when it's other people who devalue dark-skinned black people?
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    willie lynch syndrome

self hate

the media

That about sums it up.

just because you are not attracte to darkskin ppl does not mean u have self hatred.
    Im lightskinned, but I dont like light skin girls does that mean I hate myself. I personally like
    dark skin girls even tho Im light you can be attracted to ppl who dont look like you and not be self hating.

i like dark skin chicks, white girls and spanish chicks also kelly rowland chicks, but I dont like lighskin chicks like
    hillary from fresh prince.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    No, in your example two different subjects were subjected to two different experiences, so any differences in who they're attracted to serve to prove the subjectivity of attraction.

No, it may prove the cultural relativity of attraction, not its subjectivity. The subjective is personal.
  • The_Introvert
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't get that. Why do I have an issue when it's other people who devalue dark-skinned black people?

Colorism is a problem but u always making these threads
  • Copper
    edited November 2010
    Options
    just because you are not attracte to darkskin ppl does not mean u have self hatred.
    Im lightskinned, but I dont like light skin girls does that mean I hate myself. I personally like
    dark skin girls even tho Im light you can be attracted to ppl who dont look like you and not be self hating.

i like dark skin chicks, white girls and spanish chicks also kelly rowland chicks, but I dont like lighskin chicks like

the self hate rule only applies if ur not attracted to darker tones....lightbrights dont count
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Colorism is a problem but u always making these threads

That's because I believe colorism is extremely troubling. I don't think that means I have issues.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the self hate rule only applies if ur not attracted to darker tones....lightbrights dont count

Exactly.

That is the way it should be.
  • gns
    edited November 2010
    Options

oh ok, alot of these niccaz got issues on here. Can u imagine if niccaz held the power of some1 like ? ? it would be a white mans dream cause they'd wipe their own people out first.

How the ? is people still on this LS vs DS when the main issue is that people think LS is looked at better by krakkkaz. Do people really care bout their opinions and want their approval?
  • Copper
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oh ok, alot of these niccaz got issues on here. Can u imagine if niccaz held the power of some1 like ? ? it would be a white mans dream cause they'd wipe their own people out first.

How the ? is people still on this LS vs DS when the main issue is that people think LS is looked at better by krakkkaz. Do people really care bout their opinions and want their approval?

yes..they (allreasonedout) do
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

the self hatred rule mainly applies to the darkskinned people who talk about how they don't like darkskinned men/women.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yes..they (allreasonedout) do

Please explain how you came to that conclusion because I'm having a hard time making any sense of it.
  • gns
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Exactly.

That is the way it should be.

ahh ok, i apologise for not knowing this thread was'nt to be taken serious.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ahh ok, i apologise for not knowing this thread was'nt to be taken serious.

Explain why you say that. Honestly, none of your posts in this thread so far make much sense.