"And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see."

Options
2»

Comments

• Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @Solid,

Show me where in scripture that the tribulation has happened? I didn't even use the prophets to speak on the same future event that hasn't taken place as of yet.

Did you not read the part where I stated Matthew 24v2 was speaking on the destruction of Jerusalem, (not just a temple) but the whole land was destroyed. (Get you a history book & read abut Titus & what he did during that time), The romans set fire to the entire land & burned the temple & other bldgs, the entire land was made desolate

As far as why Jesus was speaking of two different events, Did you not see where Jesus first advised the disciples that the bldgs of the temple will be destroyed? Then Matthew 24v2, he tells them that no stone will be left ontop of another (this prophecy was fulfilled after the Romans set fire around the bldgs were gold plates that burned & melted into the stones, so in order for the Romans to get to the gold from in between the stones, they had to remove each stone from one another to get to the gold, this is apart of History of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 ad)

BUT also the disciples asked Him when "thy coming" would be??????
    ask yourself this if Jesus is there in the flesh speaking with them, WHY WOULD THEY ASK WHEN HIS COMING WILL BE?

& then for you to say that Matt 24:v28 is figuartive further lets me know you lack understanding when it comes to the word.. (v28 being figuartive is that your opinion or is that something that can be backed using scripture?)

Do you understand how many ppl will be killed during the tribulation period? There will be so many dead bodies (carcases) that the Lord will gather the Eagles, Ravens, other great fowls of the air & beasts to feast on the dead wherever their bodies may lay... but just to show you it isn't figuartive let's see what the prophet Ezekiel has to say about it...

Matthew 24:28 (King James Version)

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Ezekiel 39:4 (King James Version)

4Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

Ezekiel 39:17-22 (King James Version)

17And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord ? ; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

20Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord ? .

21And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
    22So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their ? from that day and forward.

that's a future prophecy.....

Now I know you feel that the Ot has been fulfilled, but if you go back & read Ezekiel 39 in its entirety you will see that this prophecy hasn't happened as of yet. & of course there are other prophets speaking on the same thing Matthew 24&8 is speaking of...

Now back to Matthew , after the tribulation the war of armaggedon will go down , because now we will see His/Christ coming back to earth for the 2nd time in Matthew 24&v29-31, take heed to v32-34... He states-

Matthew 24:33-34 (King James Version)

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Its much more than 70ad taking place in Matthew 24, because if the destruction has taken place already, why does Jesus give the warning to flee in v15 when aod stands in the Holy place? (as the book states-WHOSO READETH , LET HIM UNDERSTAND) Go read Daniel 11&12 to understand the prophecy that Jesus is speaking on in v24:15 &21..... Plus Matthew 24:v21 states:

Matthew 24:21 (King James Version)

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Corcerning the 2nd coming....
    Matthew 24:36 states no one will know the hour (as in ppl giving dates to when this will go down, no one knows, BUT THE SIGNS LET US KNOW WHEN ITS NEAR, THAT'S WHAT Matthew 24&V33-34 SPEAKS ON, we may not know the hour but we will know when the time is near....

Then he takes us back into Noah's time & the flood (Noah prophesied the flood for many years but no one believed him, so as he was preparing to flee, the others were partying, drinking, & being merry until the flood came & destroyed them, JUST LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT!!! History will repeat itself again when no one is listening even though its coming straight from the bible, ppl want to give their meaningless opinion on things they don't understand. This was the tribulation during Noah's time, the flood is the beginning of he world spoken of in v21.

Then Matthew 24&v40-41 speaks on the ones that will be changed & will meet the Lord along w/the other angels to war with the nations in the battle of armaggedon which is spoken of in Revelations...also Paul quotes v40-41 in 1 Thess (which is what these scc get the false rapture doctrine from, He was quoting Christ)....if you go to Ezekiel he speaks on what will happen w/the angels coming with Christ to war & again if you read Revelations you will see & UNDERSTAND the battle between Christ, the angels & the nations.... (but I do remember you telling me that the Ot has ALL been fulfilled & that Revelations has been fulfilled because of what your preacher told you, But yet I come with scriptures kept in context but your mind is so closed to the truth, that you feel im the one being misled)

I let the bible speak for itself, Im truly led by the Holy spirit, which are the WORDS of the Bible... that's the spirit that leads us in ALL truth, what your talking about is hearsay & false doctrine brought in by gentiles.....

John 6:63-65 (King James Version)

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)

15Study to shew thyself approved unto ? , a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Think about that
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of ? should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of ? cometh not with observation:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of ? is within you. Luke 17:20-21

I thought the so-called Hebrew Israelites studied the Apocrypha too.......apparently some don't because you would know exactly what the abomination of desolation is (1 maccabees 1:54-/ 2 Maccabees 6:2) as well as somewhere in 2 Esdras ( I can't cite exact chapter/verse right now)

If you expand your knowledge of the Word you wouldn't be teaching this futurist nonsense (israelites)

PEACE
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    @Solid,

Show me where in scripture that the tribulation has happened? I didn't even use the prophets to speak on the same future event that hasn't taken place as of yet.

Matthew 24 is one chapter premillenialist doctrine adherents pull & twist scriptures from. That's why i'll go back to Matthew 24 to make my point, and also because we both agree the destruction of Jerusalem already took place.

Matthew, chapter 24 starting at verse 1, IN CONTEXT: Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.” As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:1-3)

1. Jesus just finished telling the disciples the temple buildings would all be torn down. 2. The disciples then asked Jesus three questions directly in response to what He told them would happen to the temple buildings (destruction of Jerusalem). 3. You can tell the disciples probably thought they was gonna get one answer, but Jesus gave two different answers - Jesus rarely answered people questions according to what they thought they was asking.

going back to the question:'Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming'
    'these things' refers to what Jesus in verse2 just told them would happen to the temple buildings. In other words, when Jerusalem would fall.

That's key to understanding that, in the immediate context, what's said in the following verses applies directly to the destruction of Jerusalem: And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. “You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. “But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will ? you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. “At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. “But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:4-14)
    i'll stop there to make this point...amongst the list of all the things Jesus said would happen before Jerusalem falls ('the end' in v14 refers to the end of Jerusalem), notice also in verse 14 Jesus included that: The gospel would be preached to the whole world.

Do you not believe that commandment was fulfilled?

"And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." ... And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen" (Mark 16:15, 20).

""If indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister" (Colossians 1:23).

"But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: "Their sound has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the ends of the world"" (Romans 10:18).

The famines and earthquakes, the tribulation, the killing of the apostles, false prophets, and the gospel being preached in the whole world all happened before the destruction of Jerusalem just like Jesus said. You can check the writings of some Historians (which i'll provide on request) to verify some of the events...even some of the events are seen coming to pass in Acts. Now Saul was consenting to his death. At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. (Acts 8:1)

This is part of the tribulation Jesus was talking about that would come before the destruction of Jerusalem...

what do the think the 'present distress' spoken by Paul refers to: I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress— that it is good for a man to remain as he is: (I Corinthians 7:26)

Anyways, going back to the text in Matthew 24:4-14, all the way up to verse 35 is dealing with the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus used figurative language to describe certain events that would need to take place in that generation before the end came. If you understand that, then you'll see there's nothing else to look out for concerning the tribulation period spoken of there. But i know that is quite contrary to premillenialist theory regarding the second coming of Christ.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Did you not read the part where I stated Matthew 24v2 was speaking on the destruction of Jerusalem, (not just a temple) but the whole land was destroyed. (Get you a history book & read abut Titus & what he did during that time), The romans set fire to the entire land & burned the temple & other bldgs, the entire land was made desolate
    Yea i did and that's why i don't understand how you accept that that the destruction of Jerusalem has taken place but yet don't accept that the tribulation has also taken place when Jesus gave a list of all the things that would take place before that end, and amongst the list was the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-14).

I'm tellin you that premillenialist theory of the second coming of Christ is broken. It doesn't work and it's full of logical inconsistencies.
    As far as why Jesus was speaking of two different events, Did you not see where Jesus first advised the disciples that the bldgs of the temple will be destroyed? Then Matthew 24v2, he tells them that no stone will be left ontop of another (this prophecy was fulfilled after the Romans set fire around the bldgs were gold plates that burned & melted into the stones, so in order for the Romans to get to the gold from in between the stones, they had to remove each stone from one another to get to the gold, this is apart of History of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 ad)
    yep, caught that.
    BUT also the disciples asked Him when "thy coming" would be??????
    ask yourself this if Jesus is there in the flesh speaking with them, WHY WOULD THEY ASK WHEN HIS COMING WILL BE?

understand Jesus gave two answers to that question. the first answer is outlined in the text of Matthew 24:4-35. The second answer starts with verse 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. (Matthew 24:36) 'That day' is not a reference to the destruction of Jerusalem or any other day but the day of the second coming of Christ when He returns to judge the world. Hence the mention of the days of Noah when he entered the ark and the whole world was destroyed.

& then for you to say that Matt 24:v28 is figuartive further lets me know you lack understanding when it comes to the word.. (v28 being figuartive is that your opinion or is that something that can be backed using scripture?)
    why yes i can back it up. similar symbolic language ('stars, sun, moon') is used in in the OT in a few other places "For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not give their light; the sun will be darkened in its going forth, and the moon will not cause its light to shine."(Isaiah 13:10) <---destruction of Babylon.
    "When I put out your light, I will cover the heavens, and make its stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of the heavens I will make dark over you, and bring darkness upon your land,' says the Lord ? . I will also trouble the hearts of many peoples, when I bring your destruction among the nations, into the countries which you have not known" (Ezekiel 32:7-9)<
    destruction of Egypt
    'your light' (stars, sun, moon) is symbolic to a person or nation influence in the world. For example when ? turns a person lights out is a symbolic way of illustrating death or destruction - "The light of the wicked indeed goes out, And the flame of his fire does not shine. The light is dark in his tent, And his lamp beside him is put out." (Job 18:5-6)
    Now I know you feel that the Ot has been fulfilled, but if you go back & read Ezekiel 39 in its entirety you will see that this prophecy hasn't happened as of yet. & of course there are other prophets speaking on the same thing Matthew 24&8 is speaking of...

Now back to Matthew , after the tribulation the war of armaggedon will go down , because now we will see His/Christ coming back to earth for the 2nd time in Matthew 24&v29-31, take heed to v32-34... He states-
    more premillenialist doctrine here...nowhere in the Bible does it say that upon Christ second return that He will even set a foot upon this earth. It says the world and the works therein will be burned up so i don't know how any of the stuff taught in premillenialist theory gonna happen on this physical earth.
    Matthew 24:33-34 (King James Version)
    33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
    Its much more than 70ad taking place in Matthew 24, because if the destruction has taken place already, why does Jesus give the warning to flee in v15 when aod stands in the Holy place? (as the book states-WHOSO READETH , LET HIM UNDERSTAND) Go read Daniel 11&12 to understand the prophecy that Jesus is speaking on in v24:15 &21.....
    I know Jesus quoted the prophet Daniel but 'this generation' that Jesus spoke of that would not pass till all those things be fulfilled was the current generation at THAT time.
    then Matthew 24:36 states no one will know the hour (as in ppl giving dates to when this will go down, no one knows, BUT THE SIGNS LET US KNOW WHEN ITS NEAR, THAT'S WHAT Matthew 24&V33-34 SPEAKS ON, we may not know the hour but we will know when the time is near....

Then he takes us back into Noah's time & the flood (Noah prophesied the flood for many years but no one believed him, so as he was preparing to flee, the others were partying, drinking, & being merry until the flood came & destroyed them, JUST LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT!!! History will repeat itself again when no one is listening even though its coming straight from the bible, ppl want to give their meaningless opinion on things they don't understand.

Then Matthew 24&v40-41 speaks on the ones that will be changed & will meet the Lord along w/the other angels to war with the nations in the battle of armaggedon which is spoken of in Revelations...also Paul quotes v40-41 in 1 Thess (which is what these scc get the false rapture doctrine from, He was quoting Christ)....if you go to Ezekiel he speaks on what will happen w/the angels coming with Christ to war & again if you read Revelations you will see & UNDERSTAND the battle between Christ, the angels & the nations.... (but I do remember you telling me that the Ot has ALL been fulfilled & that Revelations has been fulfilled because of what your preacher told you, But yet I come with scriptures kept in context but your mind is so closed to the truth, that you feel im the one being misled)
    well i actually read for myself how the OT has been fulfilled i don't just take what preachers or what anybody says without checking to see if it matches BIBLE. But i guess people want to hold on to that Old Law and i don't know why but i say hey let em have it.
    I let the bible speak for itself, Im truly led by the Holy spirit, which are the WORDS of the Bible... that's the spirit that leads us in ALL truth, what your talking about is hearsay & false doctrine brought in by gentiles.....

John 6:63-65 (King James Version)

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
    Gladd to see you got the way the Holy Spirit operates in this day and age correct to say the least. That you truly allow the Holy Spirit words to dwell in you and guide your actions is yet to be seen though. I do hope and pray you'll drop the premillenialist doctrine and really let the word of the Spirit dwell in you and guide your understanding instead of listening whatever 'teacher' peddling that nonsense towards you.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea i did and that's why i don't understand how you accept that that the destruction of Jerusalem has taken place but yet don't accept that the tribulation has also taken place when Jesus gave a list of all the things that would take place before that end, and amongst the list was the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-14).

I'm tellin you that premillenialist theory of the second coming of Christ is broken. It doesn't work and it's full of logical inconsistencies.

yep, caught that.

understand Jesus gave two answers to that question. the first answer is outlined in the text of Matthew 24:4-35. The second answer starts with verse 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. (Matthew 24:36) 'That day' is not a reference to the destruction of Jerusalem or any other day but the day of the second coming of Christ when He returns to judge the world. Hence the mention of the days of Noah when he entered the ark and the whole world was destroyed.

why yes i can back it up. similar symbolic language ('stars, sun, moon') is used in in the OT in a few other places "For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not give their light; the sun will be darkened in its going forth, and the moon will not cause its light to shine."(Isaiah 13:10) <---destruction of Babylon.
    "When I put out your light, I will cover the heavens, and make its stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of the heavens I will make dark over you, and bring darkness upon your land,' says the Lord ? . I will also trouble the hearts of many peoples, when I bring your destruction among the nations, into the countries which you have not known" (Ezekiel 32:7-9)<
    destruction of Egypt
    'your light' (stars, sun, moon) is symbolic to a person or nation influence in the world. For example when ? turns a person lights out is a symbolic way of illustrating death or destruction - "The light of the wicked indeed goes out, And the flame of his fire does not shine. The light is dark in his tent, And his lamp beside him is put out." (Job 18:5-6)

more premillenialist doctrine here...nowhere in the Bible does it say that upon Christ second return that He will even set a foot upon this earth. It says the world and the works therein will be burned up so i don't know how any of the stuff taught in premillenialist theory gonna happen on this physical earth.

I know Jesus quoted the prophet Daniel but 'this generation' that Jesus spoke of that would not pass till all those things be fulfilled was the current generation at THAT time.

well i actually read for myself how the OT has been fulfilled i don't just take what preachers or what anybody says without checking to see if it matches BIBLE. But i guess people want to hold on to that Old Law and i don't know why but i say hey let em have it.

Gladd to see you got the way the Holy Spirit operates in this day and age correct to say the least. That you truly allow the Holy Spirit words to dwell in you and guide your actions is yet to be seen though. I do hope and pray you'll drop the premillenialist doctrine and really let the word of the Spirit dwell in you and guide your understanding instead of listening whatever 'teacher' peddling that nonsense towards you.

Just from your replies let me know you took no heed in the scriptures provided for you (did you even read them, those ones not posted that I advised you of? never mind), you to busy trying to prove a point that makes no sense, it bothers you to just read what was given.... but yet what you post is on point right? even though it may not have anything to do with the subject at hand, but just because you feel you can twist the scripture to prove your point is cool huh? (rhetoric) So the Ot has been fulfilled, you do know Moses called the end from the beginning, so if that's the case why are we still here? (rhetoric)

since you say (even though the bible says something different) Christ will not return who will bring down the gentile dynasty? (rhetoric) & if you would actually read you would know where Christ will stand upon His return, on this earth... & if you read further the apostle lets us know how the heavens will dissolve while the earth remains, but that's no good right? (rhetoric)

the scriptures from Isaiah & Ezekiel you posted has nothing to do with Ezekiel 39 or what's to take place with the heavens not giving its light in Matthew 24... I guess posting scriptures out of context is the way to go to prove a point & when you don't understand what's written you call so form of doctrine other than what it is... & you say the old law.... yet you don't understand the difference in the Most High Law & the law of animal scarifice.....bro there is No need to continue, those with eyes will see....
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^^the first part of my response fell at the bottom of page 3 of this thread. if you have the default settings, you might've missed that. The full response is post #30 AND post #31 (the message was too long so i had to break it into two posts). You only quoted the BOTTOM HALF of my entire response. The points made in post#31 correspond to the ones made in post #30.
    Not that i expect you to address all the points i made on post #30 anyway, but if you missed that part you really not doing yourself justice because i pointed out the logical errors in your argument which is really the issue.

And i saw all the scriptures you cited and did read everything you said even though it was beside the point. The main problems with the doctrine you hold to is that it's not taught in the Bible and i exposed that in post #30. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to address those major problems but just know that it's there and my response still stands.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Any theories on what wipes out 1/4th of the earth's population?

Or do you literally believe 4 horse will come thru and wreck everything?

And what exactly are the signs Christians are looking out for? Because judging from what I've read in the bible, the end times "have been near" since literally the day he supposedly uttered those words.

Wars? Check. Earthquakes? Check. Famines and disease? Check and Check. Fall of dominant empire? Check. Some charismatic ? /Antichrist-like figure rises to power and starts new empire? Check.

These things have been happening repeatedly thru history. Jesus sittin up there bullshittin...

1. Nope. No theories. ? tells us in the Revelation 6:7 how 1/4th of the human population will be killed at the start of the tribulation period.

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to ? with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." Revelation 6:7

2. The above judgement is only the beginning. ? also tells us in Revelation 9 that a 1/3 of the human popluation will be killed when the 6th angel sounds his trumpet. This occurs after the 4th seal is broken. Not to mention all the other judgments that will be taking place in between these 2. Billions upon billions of people will die during the tribulation period. Its the time of Gods wrath upon a disobediant and Christ rejecting world. SMH @ anybody who believes the Church will be on the earth during this time period. It's ridiculous.

"And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before ? , 14Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. 15And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men." Revelation 9:13-15

3. Matthew 24 is a good place to start if you want to know the signs leading up to Christ return. The main sign that we are in the last days was the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948. Now that Israel is a nation, the book of Revelation can open. The last days are centered around the nation of Israel. The destiny of the whole world rests upon that nation. For Christ will not come back until the Jews repent and accept Jesus as their true messiah. Now that Israel is a nation again. after 2,000 years of wandering in the diaspora, this can happen. Hallelujah!

"I can guarantee that you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!" Matthew 23:39
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I hear you, but what does it mean exactly...

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to ? with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." Revelation 6:7

Wars, famine, death, animal attacks... In what way is this different from what has been happening on this earth from the beginning of man's existence?

How do you discern the "signs of the times" from normal everyday occurrences on this planet?

Do you literally believe there will be four horsemen sweeping the planet?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options

Wars, famine, death, animal attacks... In what way is this different from what has been happening on this earth from the beginning of man's existence?

How do you discern the "signs of the times" from normal everyday occurrences on this planet?

Well the 4th horse is like a culmination of the effects of the previous 3 horses. Death will ultimately result because of the antichrist (the white horse), war (the red horse), and famine (the black horse). The reason why this time period (the tribulation) will be different than all other time periods, is because ? will pour out His wrath upon a disobediant and Christ rejecting world. Jesus said that this time period will be like no other time period in the history of man. It will be utter devestation. ? said even the powers in heaven will shake. This is divine, supernatural, out of this world, heavenly vengence. The world has cried out since the beginning of time for a world where ? would not be present, and ? will give the world what it wants. But Jesus also said that if the days were not cut short, no flesh would survive. NO FLESH BRO. This is ? talking. This will be a time of unspeakable horror. Unimaginable pain. Inconceviable suffering.

I distinguish the signs of the times through the wisdom of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me.

There will not be 4 literal horseman. They are symbolic. For example the white horse is the anti-christ. He is a literal person who is coming to rule the world with an iron fist. And when I mean iron, I mean iron. He will be ? , stalin, mao, alexander the great, antiochus epiphanes, nimrod, cain, genghis khan, etc. all rolled up into 1, but times 100000000000000. He is the devil incarnate. Lord have mercy
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Exactly, that proves nothing but the person who wrote it being smart about life. The only reason it seems so much more "crazy and everyday" because we have technology to quickly pass the information around. From computers, tv, phones, newspapers, mail etc it gets around faster and seems like "more". ? , when they first went into Afghanistan we were like, "DAMN! That's crazy, it happens so much more now." They're like, "? , it's everyday life since we can remember". It's an illusion of "oh it's happening more". ? is seriously overlooked and say, "nope ? said so". Okay, keep thinking that. Really, until I see some REAL ? come to light I'm good. Not no ? that can be easily "foretold" by anyone.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Exactly, that proves nothing but the person who wrote it being smart about life. The only reason it seems so much more "crazy and everyday" because we have technology to quickly pass the information around. From computers, tv, phones, newspapers, mail etc it gets around faster and seems like "more". ? , when they first went into Afghanistan we were like, "DAMN! That's crazy, it happens so much more now." They're like, "? , it's everyday life since we can remember". It's an illusion of "oh it's happening more". ? is seriously overlooked and say, "nope ? said so". Okay, keep thinking that. Really, until I see some REAL ? come to light I'm good. Not no ? that can be easily "foretold" by anyone.

"But you, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4

Hmmmmmm...............I wonder why?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "But you, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4

Hmmmmmm...............I wonder why?

What knowledge? What knowledge does he speak of? Math? His word? Money? Sex? No specifics, so explain..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What knowledge? What knowledge does he speak of? Math? His word? Money? Sex? No specifics, so explain..

Knowledge in general. Daniel wrote this prophecy 2600+ years ago. Fast foward to 2010, hasn't knowledge increased dramatically? Especially in the last 100 years?

Aren't we going to and fro with ease? Not until the invention of the car 100 years ago, the fastest man could get around was horse. Now we can go to the moon. Prophecy has been fulfilled. It is the time of the end. Get right with ? my friend before it is 2 late!