Laker Fans: Should Odom Still Start When Bynum is Back?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I heard somebody bring this up on NBATv and now the pre-game hosts are talking about Odom being more consistent this season.

Last season Odom was hot and cold. One game he'll play lights out. Then two nights in a row he aint about ? . Then he'll have a good game.

Now he always shows up. He rebounds his ass off and contributes points in the paint.

Should Bynum come off the bench now? Wouldnt that keep Odom in rhythm and keep Bynum's knee healthy? Or do I not know what I'm talking about? lol

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bynum should come of the bench.. i mean either way it wont hurt but i just like the way we are flowing bynum can get his minutes.... coming off of the bench i think he will have a different type of impact.. from there. The stats will be the same but that second unit would be another starting 5 with him. They wont do this though
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bynum should come of the bench.. i mean either way it wont hurt but i just like the way we are flowing bynum can get his minutes.... coming off of the bench i think he will have a different type of impact.. from there. The stats will be the same but that second unit would be another starting 5 with him. They wont do this though

I know right. Especially since Gasol is usually on the floor with the second unit too.

I wonder if they'll do it though. I think they'll start him though. If I had to guess.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that would be the stupidest ? they could ever do, if they want to win the championship again bynum has to be starting at center, maybe for the first few weeks till he gets in nba shape but they got to plug him back in
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that would be the stupidest ? they could ever do, if they want to win the championship again bynum has to be starting at center, maybe for the first few weeks till he gets in nba shape but they got to plug him back in

Till he's in NBA shape, close to 100% then start Odom. I feel his presence has to be felt from the get go, get him going early.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They win a championship with or without bynum starting or playing everybody knows the biggest X-Factor is Lamar Odom no doubt
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They gotta let Odom ride it out... dude is playing an amazing game so far this season. He's shooting like 50% from the 3 and he's meshing really well with the starting unit. They can't mess up that chemistry until Odom starts to cool down.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    bynum should come off the bench it could throw la's rythym off and they should also limit bynums minutes when he gets back b/c its clear he suffers from boneitis
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when bynum gets 100% he probably should start so odom can join that second unit wich is already pretty good
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I heard somebody bring this up on NBATv and now the pre-game hosts are talking about Odom being more consistent this season.

Last season Odom was hot and cold. One game he'll play lights out. Then two nights in a row he aint about ? . Then he'll have a good game.
    Now he always shows up. He rebounds his ass off and contributes points in the paint.

Should Bynum come off the bench now? Wouldnt that keep Odom in rhythm and keep Bynum's knee healthy? Or do I not know what I'm talking about? lol

this statement sums up his whole career, lmao.
    but i think he should continue starting, he's havin a good yr.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Great post. Cosign...
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I say ride Mr. Inconsistent until the wheels fall off. Don't pull a Sacramento when Brad Miller was going off and they benched him to get C-Choke his minutes. Clearly, his track record leads people to want him coming off the bench, but don't ignore the present to appease history.

Bynum off the bench is a good look.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    leave Odom in. Bynum will be down by mid-April anyways.