Broncos May Have Been Caught Video Taping 49ers...Fake ? Patriots lmao

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
What a bunch of losers. How you cheating and STILL stay losing?

Bronco fans...DEFEND YA BOYS...
In a case reminiscent of the New England Patriots' Spygate scandal of 2007-08, the Denver Broncos have fallen under the microscope of the NFL for possible impermissible videotaping of an opponent, The Denver Post has reported.

Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis confirmed to the newspaper Friday that the league was reviewing the team's possible filming of the San Francisco 49ers from before their London game of Week 8. Team sources told the paper that the Broncos were actively working with the league in regard to the investigation.
AFC West blog

williamson_bill_m.jpg ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.
Blog network: NFL Nation

The team's video operations director, Steve Scarnecchia, is on a "personal leave of absence" while the NFL's investigation takes place, Ellis told The Post. He declined to address the matter further. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to comment when reached by The Post.
The Broncos lost the London game 24-16. The investigation is focused on walk-through practice sessions held the day before at Wembley Stadium, according to the report.
Scarnecchia, who also declined comment, worked for the Patriots along with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels in 2008, when commissioner Roger Goodell docked their first-round draft pick for that year and fined coach Bill Belichick $500,000 for a violation of NFL rules that bar teams from filming opponents' signals. The Patriots, who were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches during a 2006 game, were fined an additional $250,000.
McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator that season, having been promoted from quarterbacks coach in 2006 to make him the youngest coordinator in the league at the time.
McDaniels said at his introduction as Broncos coach that the videotaping scandal "didn't really affect" the team.
"That situation was something that happened," McDaniels said at a January 2009 news conference. "I was not aware of that. I wasn't aware of it and all the things that did happen in terms of that whole scenario. It really didn't affect us, to tell you the truth. It was all about preparation and trying to do whatever we felt was best that week. It really didn't have anything to do with that.
"I don't think it is good. To have that kind of attention was a distraction, and I think that is how we all treated it. We tried to do the best we could to limit those distractions every week, and it will be no different here. Certainly we are never looking to do anything that is not within the rules established by the National Football League. They determined the punishment on that, and it was what it was and we moved on."

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "That situation was something that happened. I was not aware of that. I wasn't aware of it and all the things that did happen in terms of that whole scenario. It really didn't affect us, to tell you the truth. It was all about preparation and trying to do whatever we felt was best that week. It really didn't have anything to do with that.

"I don't think it is good. To have that kind of attention was a distraction, and I think that is how we all treated it. We tried to do the best we could to limit those distractions every week, and it will be no different here. Certainly we are never looking to do anything that is not within the rules established by the National Football League. They determined the punishment on that, and it was what it was and we moved on."

Lies all Lies

*Barry Bonds Voice*
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    More and More Mcdaniels is getting exposed for the fraud he is.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sMH we didn't even get anything out of it.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    More and More Mcdaniels is getting exposed for the fraud he is.

Word, fake ass Belichek. I mean, it's one thing to admire your mentor, but dressing just like him?? (sweat shirt hoodie?)

And now he's cheating just like him. SMH

Broncos have some of the best fans, I'll give them that. They deserve better.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They should have been taping in 1994.. smh @ taping losers.. and being a loser
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/05/15/specter_calls_for_outside_probe/?page=2
    According to Specter, Walsh told him a former Patriots offensive player told Walsh that before a 2000 game against the Buccaneers, the player was called into a meeting with Belichick, then-offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, and team football research director Ernie Adams. At that meeting, according to Specter, Walsh said it was explained to the player how the team would utilize Tampa Bay signals it had filmed during a preseason game that year.

Specter also said Walsh, who worked for the Patriots from 1997-2003 before being fired, told him he saw Steve Scarnecchia, son of Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia and the Jets' current video director, filming signals for the Patriots.

Specter's 11-page floor statement referenced games against the Steelers Sept. 9, 2002; the Cowboys Nov. 16, 2003; and the Steelers Sept. 25, 2005 - all Patriot wins - as ones Walsh witnessed Steve Scarnecchia taping
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They should have been taping in 1994.. smh @ taping losers.. and being a loser

^^^^^This right here... nothing else needs to be said
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They had to cheat the Salary Cap to win their Super Bowls. Just like the 49ers did in '94.
  • Moment.of.Silence
    Moment.of.Silence Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i guess Bill taught him something after all..
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/32420/49ers-rams-have-right-to-feel-cheated
    49ers, Rams have right to feel cheated

By Mike Sando

So, the San Francisco 49ers were unwitting victims of a Spygate-style taping scheme before their recent London game against the Denver Broncos.

My thoughts:

-Steve Scarnecchia, the person responsible for the illicit taping earlier this month, worked for New England when the Patriots allegedly taped St. Louis Rams practices before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002. As a result, I'm more comfortable removing the word "allegedly" from the previous sentence. The Patriots employed cheaters. Scarnecchia's father, Dante, still works for the Patriots.

-The fact that a former Patriots employee would confess to spearheading similar efforts for the Broncos even after the massive Spygate fallout reveals a level of arrogance bordering on unfathomable. The NCAA phrase "lack of institutional control" comes to mind. Why would the Broncos hire Steve Scarnecchia in the first place if another Spygate-style scandal were even remotely possible?

-Josh McDaniels' run as Broncos coach was already unfortunate on numerous fronts even though Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall weren't blameless in their handling of events leading to their departures. I mean, what would the team's McDaniels-led leadership do differently if their primary job were to embarrass team owner Pat Bowlen? This videotaping fiasco leaves Bowlen with even more egg on his face.

-I realize NFC West teams can be intimidating -- wink, wink -- but what's so special about their walk-through practices? I'm sure a sharp coach could pick up some helpful information, but at what cost? Again, the level of arrogance astounds.

-McDaniels said he never watched the illicitly taped walk-through practice. We should not automatically trust him. The 49ers won the game, so the competitive-advantage angle isn't relevant. The Broncos are fortunate on that front. Any concerns the Rams might have had stemming from Spygate seem more credible following this repeat performance.

Niners coach Mike Singletary declined to discuss the incident when speaking with reporters following practice Saturday. He said he learned of the situation only Saturday and had not yet heard from McDaniels. The team issued a statement declining comment.
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/27/broncos-spygate-reeks-of-cover-up/
    Broncos' Spygate Reeks of Cover-Up.By Greg Couch
    National Columnist

It was all done by "one employee." That's how the Denver Broncos front office kept referring to Steve Scarnecchia, videographer.

You don't use his name, because referring to him as "employee" dehumanizes him. Say he was "one" because that means he's the bad guy, the one bad guy, the only bad guy.

That way, the Broncos are just poor, helpless victims in Spygate II.

Ha!

What we saw Saturday from the Broncos and the NFL was scapegoating, pure and simple. Some guy named Steve Scarnecchia is not the mastermind. He is not the problem. There is no such thing as a rogue videographer.

Let's connect a few dots here. In 2007, the NFL fined New England coach Bill Belichick for the original Spygate. He had his video guys capturing the New York Jets coaches on the sideline to figure out their signals. It is against NFL rules.

The league fined Belichick $500,000, and the Patriots were out $250,000 and a first-round draft choice, because Belichick had been instructing his video people to do stuff like that for years.

During those years, but not specifically in 2007, Scarnecchia was a videographer for the Patriots. The NFL considered him in violation of rules.

Josh McDaniels was an assistant coach under Belichick. Now, McDaniels is the head coach of the Denver Broncos. And of all the people in the world who can point a camera at a team's practices, guess who McDaniels hired?

Scarnecchia. And the Broncos approved the hire.

So now, with a fresh scandal, the Broncos fired Scarnecchia for getting video of the San Francisco 49ers practice before the Broncos played them in London last month. The league fined McDaniels just $50,000 after he said that when One Employee approached him with the video, he said the video should be deleted immediately.

Well, draw your own conclusions. But to me, this story is laughable.

I haven't met Scarnecchia and couldn't pick him out of a lineup. Don't know if he's a saint or sinner.

But he is coming across as one of those guys willing to do all the ? work for rich, powerful guys who want it done while keeping their own hands clean.

A guy like that is incredibly valuable. Then, if anything goes wrong, he takes the fall all by himself, and a new guy like him comes in.

Let's start with this one: Why did the Broncos choose to hire Scarnecchia?

"We did hire him," said Joe Ellis, Broncos chief operating officer. "We were aware of some allegations, not specifics.

"He knew full well what was expected from him in terms of the type of behavior we would expect out of him, what Josh stood for, what Mr. Bowlen (team owner Pat Bowlen) stood for, what the Denver Broncos stood for, how we conducted ourselves.

"It's disappointing that he chose the wrong path when he was in London. But he was fully aware of the standards here."

Well put. Scarnecchia knew what was expected of him. He knew what McDaniels and the Broncos expected of him, as Ellis said.

Yet at the same time, he thought his head coach might be interested in some video that was obtained against NFL rules.

I wonder why.

There are a few more dots to connect. By the time Belichick was busted for Spygate, Scarnecchia wasn't with the Patriots anymore.

Eric Mangini, another Belichick assistant, had left the Patriots to become head coach of the New York Jets. He hired Scarnecchia. Mangini is widely accepted as the one who told the league on Belichick.

So Mangini seemed to know about Belichick's ? video practices. Yet he hired one of the videographers. Then, McDaniels, who also knew, hired the same guy.

Jeff Pash, an NFL VP, said there are worse things than giving someone a second chance, even if that someone fails again.

True. And maybe that's what happened here.

Or, maybe the incredible value Scarnecchia has, the reason some coaches seem to feel he's the world's only videographer, is because they know what he's willing to do for them.

And their hands stay clean.

Well, eight days passed from the time McDaniels supposedly found out what Scarnecchia had done and the time the Broncos front office knew about it. No one will say who told the Broncos suits, but presumably it wasn't McDaniels but another team employee who was promised anonymity.

McDaniels said he never even looked at the video, but the league says its forensics search can't confirm that.

Scarnecchia, who will have a hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, is considered a repeat-offender. He could be kicked out of the league for good.

Are we sure he's the one who is the repeat offender? That sure does make him sound awfully important.

Yet after his first offense, he was never fined or suspended. I asked the NFL why. "Sanctions in that case were imposed on the club and the head coach," said league spokesman Greg Aiello, "not the videographers carrying out the operation."

Carrying out the operation. That doesn't sound like the job description of a mastermind, but rather a foot soldier following orders.

Suddenly, the new story is, he has developed into someone who can come up with these schemes all by himself.

Pretty impressive growth from one employee.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1. The team that's getting taped should be smart enough to hide/disguise their signals. Aslong as the team isnt sticking a mic inside your huddle, its not an issue to me.

2. Will Broncos be deducted their 1st rd pick like the Patriots were in 07, or will Goddell show his inconsistency again and give them a pass?

3. they still Loss, so obviously it didnt give them a huge advantage like the media makes it out to be. SMH.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1. The team that's getting taped should be smart enough to hide/disguise their signals. Aslong as the team isnt sticking a mic inside your huddle, its not an issue to me.

2. Will Broncos be deducted their 1st rd pick like the Patriots were in 07, or will Goddell show his inconsistency again and give them a pass?

3. they still Loss, so obviously it didnt give them a huge advantage like the media makes it out to be. SMH.

? what?

As much as people ? about the Raiders' bonecrushing play in the 70s and talk about how unnecessarily rough the ? was then, it was still well within the rules to clothesline a ? and give a ? a chokeslam or two if he came up the middle of your D.

Videotaping practices ain't never been legal so tryin' to justify the ? is ? . You can't possibly compare a Super Bowl (where your Gaytriots were 14 point underdogs or some ? and had to cheat to even win by 3) to a regular season game between two mediocre teams.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Videotaping practices ain't never been legal so tryin' to justify the ? is ? .
    The way I see it is like this

The victimized team shoulda had enough security to prevent that ? from happening in the first place. Its their own fault if they cant keep their top secret info sealed up. How you gonna run a multi-million dollar franchise and not be able to pay security $10 an hour to make sure there's no strangers in the audience videotaping. SMH.

I'm not justifying what happened. Im just saying I dont feel sorry for the victimized teams. Its as much the victims fault for not taking care of business and protecting themselves like they shouldve.