The Kobe vs MJ debate is over

Options
Tommy Billfiger
Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
2n6zpxv.jpg

This is the last time this debate will be addressed

Kobe is a great scorer let his legacy be his own stop wit the unwarranted comparisons to the GOAT

mjfade.gif

Its a reason why he's called the goat

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Koe haS more range but mj is better.

Kobe is playing in a tougher era tho...
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

you seriouss??? Like MJ said, he would easily score 100 points if he played in this era.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

I gotta disagree with the bolded, I think MJ played in a tougher era
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ahhh ? .... Here we go
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

lol what the hell?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    you seriouss??? Like MJ said, he would easily score 100 points if he played in this era.

Excpet for center every posiition in the NBA is stacked right Now in terms of talent. Look how many great pg sgs sf there are. In mj's era it wasn't this stacked. The defense is less phsyical but players weren't as talented as they are today
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't know. That Nutella sponsorship makes this a close race.
    Nutella.jpg

=========================

hwg80j.jpg
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    2n6zpxv.jpg

This is the last time this debate will be addressed

Kobe is a great scorer let his legacy be his own stop wit the unwarranted comparisons to the GOAT

mjfade.gif

Its a reason why he's called the goat

Cosign!! Kobe aint no where near MJ. Tho Kobe wuz an integral part to the Laker team that won 3 ships, it stil wuz Shaq's team. Kobe playd 2nd Fiddle to Shaq but MJ never did that. MJ won 5 regular season MVPs, 6 Finals MVP but Kobe has 1 season MVP, 2 Finals MVPs. MJ never playd with an Elite Big, the same cant be said for Kobe
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cosign!! Kobe aint no where near MJ. Tho Kobe wuz an integral part to the Laker team that won 3 ships, it stil wuz Shaq's team. Kobe playd 2nd Fiddle to Shaq but MJ never did that. MJ won 5 regular season MVPs, 6 Finals MVP but Kobe has 1 season MVP, 2 Finals MVPs. MJ never playd with an Elite Big, the same cant be said for Kobe

I still think MJ wouldve dominated the same or probably better in this era too

MJ is a better defender then Kobe
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I still think MJ wouldve dominated the same or probably better in this era too

MJ is a better defender then Kobe

To me this is the only clear advantage MJ has.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »

Post game, clutch
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If the debate was over u wouldn't feel threatened enough to continuously compare the two and say the same ? over and over and over.....
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options

To be fair, you need an elite big to win a chip in today's NBA. This ain't the 90's....
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    To be fair, you need an elite big to win a chip in today's NBA. This ain't the 90's....

Bruh you lucky that dumb quotes thread is closed
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bruh you lucky that dumb quotes thread is closed

word? who close that?
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »

Kobe is definitely the closest thing to MJ but still far off. It's clear that Kobe has patterned his game after MJ. For him to be better than MJ, he would have to do a lot more than equal Jordan and outdo Jordan and I don't see that happening.

The one thing that gives MJ the edge for me is this.
    Jordan played with Luc Longley, Carthright as his bigs; Kobe played with Shaq and now Gasol. What Gasol is doing now is def. the best big man in the league. Pippen = Odom in my opinion. With, Pippen, Maybe MJ made him look better than he actually was. Good but not great. No disrespect to Pip, because he was an essential part of the Bulls. But if MJ and Kobe were to trade their respective teams, I think MJ has 10 titles or more and Kobe has 1 at best.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options

so ben wallace is a an elite big?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bruh you lucky that dumb quotes thread is closed[/QUOTEGIG me a team this deacde that eons chip without Give me team that won a chip this decade without an elite big man
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bruh you lucky that dumb quotes thread is closed[/QUOTEGIG me a team this deacde that eons chip without Give me team that won a chip this decade without an elite big man

the detroit pistons
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    so ben wallace is a an elite big?

Defensively yes
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    Kobe is definitely the closest thing to MJ but still far off. It's clear that Kobe has patterned his game after MJ. For him to be better than MJ, he would have to do a lot more than equal Jordan and outdo Jordan and I don't see that happening.

Jordan played with Luc Longley, Carthright as his bigs; Kobe played with Shaq and now Gasol. What Gasol is doing now is def. the best big man in the league. Pippen = Odom in my opinion. With, Pippen, Maybe MJ made him look better than he actually was. Good but not great. No disrespect to Pip, because he was an essential part of the Bulls. But if MJ and Kobe were to trade their respective teams, I think MJ has 10 titles or more and Kobe has 1 at best.

Excellent post my ? I been sayin this for years

@mr cj millz put in the fof
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

the detroit pistons
    Rasheed and big Ben were great players. That pistons team was an anomoly anyway. Every other year tho a team has one with a great big. Jordan won titles with Luc longley at center. That's not happening in today's NBA. Look at the heat, they have scrubs at center and they not winning right now
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Pippen is WAY better then odom lolz.

• Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why do mj fans underate pippen to prop up mike?

And I'm a mike fan but this is crazy
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Pippen= Odom WTF????????? 4Real Man anybody ever watched Pippen play Pippen made Jordan look good b/c he did everything Jordan didnt have 2 like shutdown the best player on the other team, run the point do all the ? Pippen WAS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE 2ND BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE AT THE TIME. HE ALMOST WON WITHOUT JORDAN. 93-94 season where blown call lost that game against the knicks LO=Pippen #youmustgotthatkush