Explain this hatred for Lebron James

Options
Tommy Billfiger
Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Every thread its the same people sayin negative comments,they make they wack youtube videos and photshops

And celebrate when lebrons team fails

I love the game of basketball,Im willing to die for this its means more to me than ? and sometimes life its self

So I respect a player like Lebrons ability and talent

Out of all the HS players lebron came in from day 1 Killin,He aint have to sit on the bench for 3 years Cuz he was ready since day 1

Like a real ? is supposed to be, he was mature and led his team from 17 W's to 38

He had the hype and a bullseye on his back and exceeded all of it

Explain your disdain for the man the king LBJ

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Didn't like him because he was on the rival cavs team. Since he not in Cleveland anymore i could care less
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I forgot to say the dancing and all them pre game antics are corny

But Honestly I dont give a ? about that enough to dislike him them ? just havin fun
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    til wins a few rings he'll always be "prince" james
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cant lie, disliked the guy,because he was a rival to Wade. While Lebron was getting all the pub, Wade led his team to a title. Same class.

All that dancing and kekeing.

I can see why America has a problem I guess, to me its because he didnt choose the team they wanted him to go to.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    til wins a few rings he'll always be "prince" james

The rings are coming.....
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People hate cuz it's the "trendy" thing to do. I swear, some people are like sheep when it comes to following whatever the next man (or the media, for that matter) does or tells them to do. LBJ did what anybody in their right mind would've done: He jumped @ the chance to work for another employer and greener pastures. One of life's simplest meanings is to look to better oneself, is it not? Hence the mere concept of "Free Agency". He was free to do whatever the hell he wanted to do w/o permission from you, me or whomever.

Could he have handled things better in terms of how he left Cleveland? Yeah...maybe. But was he wrong for leaving and pursuing winning and a championship (hopefully)? Hell no! ? does everyone want him to do...stay in Cleveland and lose? Nonsense, I tell ya!
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @Jrod I wanted lebron to come to the bulls and I feel the bulls are a better squad than the heat overall

That doesnt make me like him any less,The man was entitled to do what he wanted

People hate cuz it's the "trendy" thing to do. I swear, some people are like sheep when it comes to following whatever the next man (or the media, for that matter) does or tells them to do. LBJ did what anybody in their right mind would've done: He jumped @ the chance to work for another employer and greener pastures. One of life's simplest meanings is to look to better oneself, is it not? Hence the mere concept of "Free Agency". He was free to do whatever the hell he wanted to do w/o permission from you, me or whomever.

Could he have handled things better in terms of how he left Cleveland? Yeah...maybe. But was he wrong for leaving and pursuing winning and a championship (hopefully)? Hell no! ? does everyone want him to do...stay in Cleveland and lose? Nonsense, I tell ya!

Its deeper than this its not all about the decision this goes back to 08-09,? were celebrating on here when they lost to the magic in the ecf's
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i have lost all respect for him...dude left his home town cause he panicked...there is no excuse for that, and he did it in the most arrogant fashion imaginable...? that

laker and celtic teams will be done after this season

it was only a matter of time before they got him a championship caliber team
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i Dont think anyone "Hates" Lebron, im a fan of his and realize he's a tremendous player

but so far he's come off as a extreme Stat Stuffer who in Really tight situations gets ghost , or doesn't look like the same player and starts to turn the ball over a ton ... and he's shown that countless times

and the Media has tried to slowly put him on a Level he realistically hasnt reached, the Jordan comparisons , Sayin' he's better than Kobe , sayin he's the Next Magic Johnson , year after year the Media has Crammed him down our throats since he been in the league (nh) and it got to the point to where i think a lot of folks were like "Okay we know he's good but enough of him already" ...

a lot of his game is overrated to me , he's not a consistent jump shooter, he's a overrated defender , he makes good defensive highlight plays here and there with those chase down blocks and i think thats what gets people amped up, he's not a good ball handler to me either.

his MVP's were well deserved , but to be on the Level the media has pushed him for u cant go running in tight situations during games and then expect people to really take u serious when it's time to compare u to the true Legends, Right now i view Lebron as one of the Current great players in the game that Likes to Stat Stuff.

And a lot of stuff he's done he's brought on himself "The Decision" was one of the Corniest things i've seen in sports , also press conferences where he says things like " I Spoil the fans too much" like what? ...all the Third Person Refrences to himself "well Lebron has to whats best for him" ...

he just comes off as a Athlete that has Countless accomplishments in the Championships department when he has Zero , and a lot of that is to blame more so on the media , Cuz they feed into that since he jumped into the league, but also thats what Lebron wanted when he jumped into the League Rockin #23 ..

thats just My Opinion , i never denied how good he was, he's a good player but a lot of flack i give him is due to the Level folks try to put him on when he hasnt reached it and how Also Lebron Portrays himself..he needs to humble himself big time.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i Dont think anyone "Hates" Lebron, im a fan of his and realize he's a tremendous player

but so far he's come off as a extreme Stat Stuffer who in Really tight situations gets ghost , or doesn't look like the same player and starts to turn the ball over a ton ... and he's shown that countless times

and the Media has tried to slowly put him on a Level he realistically hasnt reached, the Jordan comparisons , Sayin' he's better than Kobe , sayin he's the Next Magic Johnson , year after year the Media has Crammed him down our throats since he been in the league (nh) and it got to the point to where i think a lot of folks were like "Okay we know he's good but enough of him already" ...

a lot of his game is overrated to me , he's not a consistent jump shooter, he's a overrated defender , he makes good defensive highlight plays here and there with those chase down blocks and i think thats what gets people amped up, he's not a good ball handler to me either.

his MVP's were well deserved , but to be on the Level the media has pushed him for u cant go running in tight situations during games and then expect people to really take u serious when it's time to compare u to the true Legends, Right now i view Lebron as one of the Current great players in the game that Likes to Stat Stuff.

And a lot of stuff he's done he's brought on himself "The Decision" was one of the Corniest things i've seen in sports , also press conferences where he says things like " I Spoil the fans too much" like what? ...all the Third Person Refrences to himself "well Lebron has to whats best for him" ...

he just comes off as a Athlete that has Countless accomplishments in the Championships department when he has Zero , and a lot of that is to blame more so on the media , Cuz they feed into that since he jumped into the league, but also thats what Lebron wanted when he jumped into the League Rockin #23 ..

thats just My Opinion , i never denied how good he was, he's a good player but a lot of flack i give him is due to the Level folks try to put him on when he hasnt reached it and how Also Lebron Portrays himself..he needs to humble himself big time.

Everything bolded can be said about Kobe too tho,The whole stat stuffin deal is ridiculous

When I watched kobe blatantly go for the 40 point streak record and had 25 points and 15 shots by halftime the whole time he was goin for the streak

Its crazy how people point these things out for lebron but ignores it for other players thats why I asked this.I figured the media would be the main reason cuz people are easily influenced
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    i have lost all respect for him...dude left his home town cause he panicked...there is no excuse for that, and he did it in the most arrogant fashion imaginable...? that

laker and celtic teams will be done after this season

it was only a matter of time before they got him a championship caliber team

cleveland isn't his hometown. stop saying that ? .
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I thought it was hilarious how the Lakers went from the big bad guy that everyone hated to the team that everyone wants to beat Miami now.

Just that fast, people will hate you. Sports fans can be like the mob, all it takes is one guy to shout something in the crowd and everyone will follow suit with the torches and pitch forks.

With that said, I'm no apologist for any of these players. People put way too much stock in the brains and actions of athletes. They just play a game as a full time job. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some people took this Lebron James thing very personal. I do dislike Lebron James for that tv special he did. If he had some real friends, they could have told him how stupid that was.

With that said: Cleveland cavaliers are irrelevant again.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Everything bolded can be said about Kobe too tho,The whole stat stuffin deal is ridiculous

When I watched kobe blatantly go for the 40 point streak record and had 25 points and 15 shots by halftime the whole time he was goin for the streak

Its crazy how people point these things out for lebron but ignores it for other players thats why I asked this.I figured the media would be the main reason cuz people are easily influenced

Well the Thread and the Question Was About Lebron James
  • Sym_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    cleveland isn't his hometown. stop saying that ? .

its CLOSE ENOUGH
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know the Heat is D-Wade's team, but he's kinda hurt right now. I think LBJ needs to put the Heat on his shoulders and actually be selfish in the 3rd & 4th quarters of games in terms of taking over. He does have a tendency to get ghost in critical moments of games, playoffs mostly. I think once the Heat get Mike Miller & Haslem (might be out until next year) back and maybe pick up a better back-up PG, they'll be in the thick of things in the race for this season's championship title.

On another off-hand subject re: the Heat: I know this is wishful thinking, but since Andre Iguodola is pretty much a done deal in as far as being traded this season, he'd fit in nicely in the SG position on the Heat. Slide D-Wade over to the PG spot and u have a solid core of 4 players on your starting 5. Dre's contract is a beast, though. The Sixers aren't trying to eat that ? 's salary, either. Iguodola isn't a 1st option on any team. But he's a solid 2nd or 3rd option. On the Heat, he'd be option #4 behind LBJ, Wade and Bosh.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    its CLOSE ENOUGH

lol @ close enough. akron is his hometown.

lol this ? lebron wore a yankees hat to a cleveland baseball game and he was on the dallas sideline when they played the browns.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Everybody hated the "Decision" special but everybody tuned in lol....

LeBrons a grown man, let him handle his business the way he wants to...ppl don't have to agree but ppl have to accept it.....I think the "Decision" is what left a bad taste in ppls mouths but I think its blown out of proportion...

Ppl see how LeBron acts, dancing on sidelines in Cleveland and ? like that, why are we surprised now?

Don't be fooled tho, its a lot of Kobe fans threatened by LeBron who throw unneccessary hate so I don't consider all of them to have valid and rational opinions
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He continues to say stupid stuff

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-the-next-jordan%3F-more-like-wilt-chamberlain

And then that quote, the one that followed the question about whether LeBron and Dwyane Wade need to change their games.
    “No, I can’t change my game dramatically and I don’t think he can either,” LeBron said. “It doesn’t make any sense to do that. I’m not going to.” He paused. “I’d just be a role player at that point.”
  • Sym_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so since hes from akron he has a right to emberass his entire state on national tv?
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so since hes from akron he has a right to emberass his entire state on national tv?

he didn't embarass ohio
  • Sym_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they made a commercial "we are lebron james"

begging him to stay and his response was "im taking my talents to south beach"

LMFAO

thats cold blooded, and yes thats all of ohio, that is their only team
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they made a commercial "we are lebron james"

begging him to stay and his response was "im taking my talents to south beach"

LMFAO

thats cold blooded, and yes thats all of ohio, that is their only team

lol no its not. he was a free agent
  • Sym_
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't hate Lebron, I actually liked him alot as recently as a few years ago. But as the years go pass, I start to dislike him more and more and alot of it is due to the media overhyping him, putting him on a level he has not reached yet like KOP said. Its crazy. He is not as good as advertised to me imo and I personally think he overrated.