Foolish Pride

Options
juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited November 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
As a man i got pride, Im not talking ego, im talking pride. I think every man at some point in his life has had a moment where his pride wouldnt allow him to do something. My question is where do we draw the line? Christmas is only a month away and i got to go to family dinner and deal with a bunch of people i dont like, a bunch of haters, people that didnt have anything good to say about me and only had hateful things to say about me, the same people that told me that i wouldnt be able to do it, but now that im successful and i did everything i said i was going to do, i got look at them and their fake smiles. Im thinking about saying ? them and skipping the christmas dinner as a ? you to them
Jay-Z Death before dishonor and I tell you what else, I tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help, Foolish pride is what held me together through the years

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Better to make amends. In the end, your family will be the only thing you got, bruh.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    felize navidad to u 2 nicca
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My family my mom, dad, brother, and sister, We are all good. Its my unlces and aunts, I put together plan for my life and now that its all come together, i can remeber these ? comments they made to me or about me to my parents.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    who do u have close to you then? friends? ya ? ? wifey? if u got any of those..and u dont get along with fam..? it and skip that ? .
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't think you not wanting to associate with certain people pertains to your pride. To me, having too much pride is turning away a meal when I havent eaten in a few days...pride wouldn't let you accept the generosity being shown.

In this case, its not your pride, its your level of tolerance...you know they didn't mean you well in the darker days, so your level of relating to them is extremely low. Nothing wrong with knowing what you will or won't tolerate.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why dont u throw something at ur house and invite who u want??
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    felize navidad to u 2 nicca

lol...........
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why dont u throw something at ur house and invite who u want??

this..........
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    who do u have close to you then? friends? ya ? ? wifey? if u got any of those..and u dont get along with fam..? it and skip that ? .

Thats what im saying, from day one i got hate from my extend family. So i replaced them with friends and now they smile at me with their fakesmiles and say congrats, its like, ? you kno dont get the right to say congrats
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    I don't think you not wanting to associate with certain people pertains to your pride. To me, having too much pride is turning away a meal when I havent eaten in a few days...pride wouldn't let you accept the generosity being shown.

In this case, its not your pride, its your level of tolerance...you know they didn't mean you well in the darker days, so your level of relating to them is extremely low. Nothing wrong with knowing what you will or won't tolerate.

jonesy.. ...
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    jonesy.. ...

Hey Boom!!!
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    pride is thinking you are better than someone or something. In this case you don't want to deal with them, not be cause you think you are better but because you know they are negative people.
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    call me ... ..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got family like that too..
    pride aint got nothin to do with that..
    as u say u and ur immediate family is good.. so be there for them.. im sure moms would love to see u..

i got family that personally tried to sabotage my ? .. an aunt thats bitter cause i aint dead..
    usually when ur around people that are unsuccessful and u are.. its cause u did somethin different.. so of course they go talk bad about u..
    but if u that upset about it... have comfort in knowin that when u show up they're even more upset..

i like ? people off further.. so each time they see me im'a be better off then the last time..
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    I got family like that too..
    pride aint got nothin to do with that..
    as u say u and ur immediate family is good.. so be there for them.. im sure moms would love to see u..

i got family that personally tried to sabotage my ? .. an aunt thats bitter cause i aint dead..
    usually when ur around people that are unsuccessful and u are.. its cause u did somethin different.. so of course they go talk bad about u..
    but if u that upset about it... have comfort in knowin that when u show up they're even more upset..

i like ? people off further.. so each time they see me im'a be better off then the last time..

Thats a good point, kind of like a update on how great your doing. I like that
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    Thats a good point, kind of like a update on how great your doing. I like that

yehp yehp.. now take that raider ? out yo avi! lol
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    yehp yehp.. now take that raider ? out yo avi! lol

Dont hate on the raiders! we 500 finally! we have something goog going for us.
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Throw it back in their faces and remind them of all that ? they were talking about you.

Bring up any dirt you know about them too.

You'll probably feel a lot better and actually enjoy the family dinner after you get that off your chest.

Then walk out like this:

2wh030g.jpg

And bump this in your whip as you're leaving:

Good ? ! diggin the fat guy walking lol
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    My family my mom, dad, brother, and sister, We are all good. Its my unlces and aunts, I put together plan for my life and now that its all come together, i can remeber these ? comments they made to me or about me to my parents.

as long as ur good wit immediate fam, ? the rest...

id skip the dinner..

i be doin dat ? all the time..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but if u do go, just start roastin soon as somebody look at u wrong...
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2010
    Options

nah... ? 'em with kindness.. like on some inspite of ? .. that ? will ? 'em..
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options

My unlce is one of those fat lazy ? that doesnt work, i would roast him so fast! last christmas i got into with him of interracial dating, my dads always on this respect your elders type ? and shut me down
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nothing comes before my pride.I mean nothing,I don't have no kids so my pride is the most important thing to me.Without Pride,you have no identity.
  • juice86
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yo mad jack! whats with you avi photo? were is the left side of your head? whys it look so ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    eh.i guess it's always good to show face outta respect....but ain't no point in hanging around if u ain't feeling it