MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Saw it coming, my canes shouldve done better the last 3 yrs.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not surprising at all they've been average the past couple years and made no improvements soon as they lost to South Florida today I knew that was it
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, now some white dude 'bout to come in and benefit from the top notch recruits he's pulled the last few years. Typical.

*no- it's over:2012. lol
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Link??????

Its on ESPN it is true
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Its on ESPN it is true
    This made me laugh.

But it is true.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol where you at its over 2012?
  • ryder225
    ryder225 Banned Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They stupid ass shouldve never fired Coker
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just saw it on ESPN just now. It's crazy cause they improved every year until under-achieving this season. Now next season some new coach is gonna step in and beast off of a experienced and healthy squad along with the high-rated recruiting class that Shannon had already lined up.....I wasn't even mad at this season. I figured they would have a down year this year and then tear ? up next year if the Junior class came back....
  • killap
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I liked Randy as a college coach he put emphasis on STUDENT-athlete 98% graduation rate 2 arrests in 4 yrs but my goodness you know its bad when teams like University of Virgina and Duke play you and actually think they have a chance at winning
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »
    They stupid ass shouldve never fired Coker

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shannon is a good asset to have for your school but not in regards to coaching. He cleaned up the image and recruited his ass off but coaching is not his thing
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coker couldnt recruit, as a matter of fact, he just benefited off past recruiting classed like the Canes next coach is about to do
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Coker couldnt recruit, as a matter of fact, he just benefited off past recruiting classed like the Canes next coach is about to do

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike Leach to the Canes. Mark my words.
  • NonCreativeNickname
    NonCreativeNickname Members Posts: 192
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh.when Miami athletes were wildin and they were winning ships it was all good. Coker went 59-15 but was fired because he didn't win a title and thus they cited the "direction of the program/off the field issues.

Shannon comes in and turns the program around off the field and in the classroom, but since he didn't win ACC titles or compete for the national title they got rid of him too.

It seems like the powers that be at the U have unrealistic expectations. It's not the 80's or 90's anymore....other programs have street ? too now lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike Leach to the Canes. Mark my words.

Now THAT would be smart. But Leach got a dark cloud over his head with that ? that went down at Texas Tech. For example, let's say some high school top-rated recruit is choosing between Miami and say -- Florida. You already know what the Florida people are going to say to the kid...

"Go 'head and go to Miami if you wanna get locked in a room at practice if you fucc up."

Either way, if I'm a AD, I got Leach at the top of my list.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh.when Miami athletes were wildin and they were winning ships it was all good. Coker went 59-15 but was fired because he didn't win a title and thus they cited the "direction of the program/off the field issues.

Shannon comes in and turns the program around off the field and in the classroom, but since he didn't win ACC titles or compete for the national title they got rid of him too.

It seems like the powers that be at the U have unrealistic expectations. It's not the 80's or 90's anymore....other programs have street ? too now lol

I don't wanna get all "It's over:2012" up in here, but that is what they call the "Dungy rule". You bring in a sharp unknown Black coach to clean up and do the ? work and then ship him off as soon as you find something (ANYthing) to fire him for -- and then get a white coach to ride the wave. ala Buccaneers back in the day with Dungy/Gruden.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what yall think about saban?..........lets keep it real alabama is a legendary program, but you cant compare that to success at the U....and you already know saban loves challenges plus he's a great recruiter

hopefully shannon get another chance at another school
  • Michael_Malice
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Now THAT would be smart. But Leach got a dark cloud over his head with that ? that went down at Texas Tech. For example, let's say some high school top-rated recruit is choosing between Miami and say -- Florida. You already know what the Florida people are going to say to the kid...

"Go 'head and go to Miami if you wanna get locked in a room at practice if you fucc up."

Either way, if I'm a AD, I got Leach at the top of my list.

Agreed 100%. That is exactly what is going to make them think twice about it. But they are def. looking at him.
  • killap
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what yall think about saban?..........lets keep it real alabama is a legendary program, but you cant compare that to success at the U....and you already know saban loves challenges plus he's a great recruiter

Saban aint welcome in the city of Miami
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options

Nah, Saban is staying in 'Bama. Plus Miami sports fans still have a chip on their shoulder from his Dolphin days (or should I say "Day"). Only thing that would pull Saban out of 'Bama would be the Michigan job or another NFL gig.

If anything, expect him to get a call from Jerry Jones this offseason. McElroy's (Bama QB) dad is the exec. vice president of the Cowboys, and if you notice -- the way 'Bama plays and their roster is built a lot like the 90s Cowboys. IJS
  • Michael_Malice
    edited November 2010
    Options

Saban ain't going nowhere. I just can't see it happening. He has arguably the most coveted job in College Football right now. Just don't see him leaving yet.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

dude u cant be serious? did u really just compare Miami to Alabama with regard to legacy of the programs??? lmfao
  • Michael_Malice
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Looks like Tommy Bowden could be headed to Vandy after R. Caldwell popped smoke. I could actually see Shannon at Vandy though. That would be a good fit for him. He could really do a lot with recruiting there. Anyone agree?