Aaron Rodgers gets stats, not wins

Options
GettinLo
GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Admit it, he's a stat machine but Green Bay will not win a SB until he learns how to big games... He makes mistakes that cost his team games... reminds me of Romo in that he'll play good until it counts then BOOM Packers lose...

BTW I hate the Pack

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Admit it, he's a stat machine but Green Bay will not win a SB until he learns how to big games... He makes mistakes that cost his team games... reminds me of Romo in that he'll play good until it counts then BOOM Packers lose...

BTW I hate the Pack

Yep, he's just the media's "annointed one" they had to find somebody since Favre is getting old and Romo is getting exposed.

I do think Rodgers is decent though. He just doesn't have that killer instinct.

P.S.

Somebody tell him to stop doing that "wrestling championship belt" thing he does every time they score. I swear they lose every time I see him do that. And plus -- what "belt" do the Packers/Rodgers have besides the paper-media belt.

(and I swear if somebody mention a super bowl title from when I was in middle school or when my grandpa was in middle school, I'm gon Andre Johnson their ass.)
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yep, he's just the media's "annointed one" they had to find somebody since Favre is getting old and Romo is getting exposed.

I do think Rodgers is decent though. He just doesn't have that killer instinct.

P.S.

Somebody tell him to stop doing that "wrestling championship belt" thing he does every time they score. I swear they lose every time I see him do that. And plus -- what "belt" do the Packers/Rodgers have besides the paper-media belt.

(and I swear if somebody mention a super bowl title from when I was in middle school or when my grandpa was in middle school, I'm gon Andre Johnson their ass.)

no...thats not too soon at all lol
  • GettinLo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Bears fan???

Nah, sigh, Cowboys... SMGDH
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

cotdamn...lauce
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    no...thats not too soon at all lol

lol. I know right?
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its not all him he doesn't have a running like the Colts of the NFC
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sounds like Favre.The kick returner won the MVP in that SB,so Bret cannot even get credit for it.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    damn, its his 3rd year as a starter
  • GettinLo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    damn, its his 3rd year as a starter

Lame... Ryan, Flacco, Young and Sanchez have all been in the League for less time than AR and all are better than AR... All can and have won games down the stretch and all have a higher winning percentage than AR.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    GB has no running game whatsoever...........
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I noticed he does a ? endzone dance.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I noticed he does a ? endzone dance.

Yeah, that stupid "championship belt" ? . And they lose everytime he does it. I guess it makes sense... Their championship is "invisible" right now.
  • GettinLo
    edited November 2010
    Options
    GB has no running game whatsoever...........

Neither does Tom Brady
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lame... Ryan, Flacco, Young and Sanchez have all been in the League for less time than AR and all are better than AR....

bruh...... thats wrong. i'll give you 1, maybe 2 of those but it doesn't matter which ones are better because when lumped together, they make that statement wrong. And you made this thread talking about superbowls, none of which those guys you named have won one. so why elevate them? they are in the same boat as rodgers as far as this thread is concerned
  • GettinLo
    edited November 2010
    Options

BTW I hate the Pack

That statement is 100% accurate and as a Cowboy fan, I know what I'm talking about when I see a trend of the QB making boneheaded plays that cost the team games and AR has all of the markings of a choker, just like Romo.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    bruh...... thats wrong. i'll give you 1, maybe 2 of those but it doesn't matter which ones are better because when lumped together, they make that statement wrong. And you made this thread talking about superbowls, none of which those guys you named have won one. so why elevate them? they are in the same boat as rodgers as far as this thread is concerned

That dude said young.....as in vince young....lol.....
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

hold ya head up fam...
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aaron rodgers puts up huge numbers in that offense. he is mistake prone though IMO. i'm not saying hes overrated or anything, but i'm not willing to put him up in that 'elite' status as far as the top qb's go
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

BTW I hate the Pack

Actually romo has a good record against tough teams and his stats are best in close games... Aaron rodgers on the other hand has only beaten 5 teams with a winning record and his stats are bad against those teams even if they win.

By the way flacco has absolutley nothing to do withthe ravens being good he cant read drfenses and every throw he makes is predetermind and he often stares down his receivers.

Have u not noticed its not romo is a choker its his team. When romo went out they where 10-3 against the giants and he drove them down the field to be 13-3 and kitna choked giving them a field goal and dez followed it up with a kr making it 20-3 and the cowboys still lost.... Against the saints the team choked. Romo doesnt choke his team does?
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That statement is 100% accurate and as a Cowboy fan, I know what I'm talking about when I see a trend of the QB making boneheaded plays that cost the team games and AR has all of the markings of a choker, just like Romo.
    Romo actually doesnt choke ask yourself this question...

If drew brees has a bad game will his defense bail him out?

If romo has a good game will his defense bail him out? Romo threw for 400 yds no int against the giants and 3 tds and they lost romo against the giants in the playoffs crayton drops a td pass, and the romos 2nd to last drive he goes all the way down gets a td and the defense lets eli get a td forcing romo to drive back down for a td and on 4th and 11 romo was forced into having to throw into the endzone for an int. Romo was never the problem in dallas and romo beats good teams aaron rodgers doesnt.

Well how does a 38-17 record sound? A career winning percentage of 69 percent puts him approximately 11 wins per regular season—good enough for a playoff every year in the NFC.

Too many people have the misconception that Romo “cannot perform in the clutch,” but Romo’s fourth quarter “clutch time” statistics say otherwise.

2010 4th Quarter Statistics

43/68, 529 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT, 83.5 QB Rating

2009 4th Quarter Statistics

100/157, 1,316 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT, 101.8 QB Rating

2008 4th Quarter Statistics

69/109, 946 yards, 9 TD, 1 INT, 114.7 QB Rating

2007 4th Quarter Statistics

73/120, 1,072 yards, 10 TD, 7 INT, 93.5 QB Rating

2006 4th Quarter Statistics

68/100, 949 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, 95.0 QB Rating

Total 4th Quarter Statistics

353/554, 4812 yards, 34 TD, 17 INT, 99.0 QB Rating

Not only are these numbers great, but they are actually better than the already excellent numbers Romo puts up throughout the rest of the game.

It’s unbelievable that NFL “experts” are paid to call Tony Romo “overrated” and say that he “can’t perform in the clutch” when he has been incredibly successful over the course of his career in the 4th quarter of games.

Better yet is Romo’s touchdown percentage. With an unbelievable 5.7 percent of his passes going for touchdowns, Tony Romo is the best of any active quarterback in that category.

With a career completion percentage of 64, Tony Romo currently ranks seventh all time in that category.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Romo actually doesnt choke ask yourself this question...

If drew brees has a bad game will his defense bail him out?

If romo has a good game will his defense bail him out? Romo threw for 400 yds no int against the giants and 3 tds and they lost romo against the giants in the playoffs crayton drops a td pass, and the romos 2nd to last drive he goes all the way down gets a td and the defense lets eli get a td forcing romo to drive back down for a td and on 4th and 11 romo was forced into having to throw into the endzone for an int. Romo was never the problem in dallas and romo beats good teams aaron rodgers doesnt.

Well how does a 38-17 record sound? A career winning percentage of 69 percent puts him approximately 11 wins per regular season—good enough for a playoff every year in the NFC.

Too many people have the misconception that Romo “cannot perform in the clutch,” but Romo’s fourth quarter “clutch time” statistics say otherwise.

2010 4th Quarter Statistics

43/68, 529 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT, 83.5 QB Rating

2009 4th Quarter Statistics

100/157, 1,316 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT, 101.8 QB Rating

2008 4th Quarter Statistics

69/109, 946 yards, 9 TD, 1 INT, 114.7 QB Rating

2007 4th Quarter Statistics

73/120, 1,072 yards, 10 TD, 7 INT, 93.5 QB Rating

2006 4th Quarter Statistics

68/100, 949 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, 95.0 QB Rating

Total 4th Quarter Statistics

353/554, 4812 yards, 34 TD, 17 INT, 99.0 QB Rating

Not only are these numbers great, but they are actually better than the already excellent numbers Romo puts up throughout the rest of the game.

It’s unbelievable that NFL “experts” are paid to call Tony Romo “overrated” and say that he “can’t perform in the clutch” when he has been incredibly successful over the course of his career in the 4th quarter of games.

Better yet is Romo’s touchdown percentage. With an unbelievable 5.7 percent of his passes going for touchdowns, Tony Romo is the best of any active quarterback in that category.

With a career completion percentage of 64, Tony Romo currently ranks seventh all time in that category.

Yeah, it's all on the team. Nevermind the fact that they were 1-7 when he went down, and they're 2-1 since. Oh, and that bobbled field goal hold a couple years ago? That was the mascot's fault.

Cherry pick the stats as you will, but this clown is a media make-believe star. And the same media that made him is starting to expose him. Fall in love with him all you want, but I doubt he'll still be in a Dallas uniform beyond 2011.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lame... Ryan, Flacco, Young and Sanchez have all been in the League for less time than AR and all are better than AR... All can and have won games down the stretch and all have a higher winning percentage than AR.

? say anything to prove a point.....none of them are better, you even putting Young and Sanchez in the same breath is laughable. Flacco has a cannon for an arm but with the weapons he has, if he was better than Rodgers, he should be on some Brady/Rivers/Manning type ? right now. The only one comparable is Ryan and he's not better either.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike McCarthy is a ? idiot. I know him well when he was OC for the Saints during the dismal Aaron Brooks years. Dude is a ? and not a good Head Coach, he is decent OC.

Aaron would be a world beater with a good playcaller behind him.
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it's all on the team. Nevermind the fact that they were 1-7 when he went down, and they're 2-1 since. Oh, and that bobbled field goal hold a couple years ago? That was the mascot's fault.

Cherry pick the stats as you will, but this clown is a media make-believe star. And the same media that made him is starting to expose him. Fall in love with him all you want, but I doubt he'll still be in a Dallas uniform beyond 2011.

i'm not even going to get mad at your post. cause you're 1st sentence is quite true. you cant blame all of the 1-5 start, or whatever on him...but he didnt necessarly win them any of those games

however. romo is our franchise qb. the stats he puts up are great. so based just on that, jerry jones is not going to get rid of him. i'll give you him bobbling the snap. but he will be a great qb. everybody seems to give him so much undeserved criticism. do you understand some of the qb's that we had before romo????? now he's doing good but cant win the big one...seems like the same situation up in indy. until what......peyton won the big one. why?? cause they finally put together the right team & organization. romo probably gets more blame for the cowboys' failures than any qb has ever got in the same situation.