How much about past relationships should one discuss with with their S/O??

Options
death187sin
death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
??????????????????????????????

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    depends on how serious they plan on being..

ain't no point in revelaing all to someone u know u ain't planning to spend the rest of ur life with
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not much!! i learned from the past...i would mention names and everything...its all good unless those past ex's are still in your life as friends...the new person will never be able to accept that..understandably so. So my rule of thumb is....keep it brief and anonymous until you married lol.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ironically either friday or saturday me and my girl were having a conversation similar to this about my past (she was a ? when we got together so she has no past sexually) and in mid blunt I asked her "Would you ever really want to know how many girls I was with before you" and she told me straight up "Nope...i already know some, don't need to know nothing else unless it me not knowing can hurt me"...
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I divulge everything, more descriptive you are about past sexual encounters the more turned on she'll become......I countdown every sexual partner I ever had to her, because women have a funny way of thinking, like if you been with alot of chicks then you'll know what your doing in the sack
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    very little, just what you are doing differently in this relationship in relation all previous and leave it at that. What dude what's to know his girl was the campus ? at one point in time. Or what female wants to know her dude is behind no less than 8 abortions.
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    I divulge everything, more descriptive you are about past sexual encounters the more turned on she'll become......I countdown every sexual partner I ever had to her, because women have a funny way of thinking, like if you been with alot of chicks then you'll know what your doing in the sack
    Yeah...that gets them...but once u got them that ? will be kryptonite...youll be like...what the hell that gotta do with u...and they will bring that ? up outta nowhere!
  • inlovewithe
    inlovewithe Members Posts: 145
    edited November 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ironically either friday or saturday me and my girl were having a conversation similar to this about my past (she was a ? when we got together so she has no past sexually) and in mid blunt I asked her "Would you ever really want to know how many girls I was with before you" and she told me straight up "Nope...i already know some, don't need to know nothing else unless it me not knowing can hurt me"...

smart girl..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All I want to know is that she was not a hoe,was never in a gang bang and never got a train ran on her.Even then,I still would not believe her if she said not even 1/3 are true.So I'd rather she keep it in the closet.Ain't nothing more of a turn off then a woman talking about previous men she sexed.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gibbsboy wrote: »
    Yeah...that gets them...but once u got them that ? will be kryptonite...youll be like...what the hell that gotta do with u...and they will bring that ? up outta nowhere!

I ignore her, grown ass man I don't gotta answer nobody or I just tell her some more freaky ? I thought about doing to boggle her mind back up
  • Prim-O Cla$$ic
    Prim-O Cla$$ic Members Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2010
    Options
    None, cuz once that "body count" number is learned......
  • nuri
    nuri Members Posts: 457
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have no problem discussin past relationships.
    In fact it's somethin I encourage.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I say put it out there. Why be ashamed of what you did or didn't do now you with someone new?? If she asks I'm telling, all I ask is that she makes complete and totally sure she really wants to know. As for women, I hope they will be upfront and honest with their men about their pasts too. They don't have to be explicit with the details, but how your past relationships worked out in the end, will give the new guy a better understanding into why you do the things you do now.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I tried with wifey. didn't make it past the teenage years before she was "grossed out". So I never divulged anything regarding college and the slutfest i ran on after. That was just left up to her unwanted imagination. And she did ell me if she knew all that before she fell for me she probably wouldn't have been with me. Lucky me
  • MsVShantrell
    MsVShantrell Members Posts: 155
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I believe that you shouldn't tell the number of partners. The only things that should be discussed is sexual health. When was the last time you got tested? If you had something did you get it cleared up? If it doesn't go away, what is it? etc..
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If your wifing up the chick make sure you know everything before your a laughing stock.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I like to getting to know girls so I might ask a good amount of questions about their past every once in a while but if they're the ones bringin it up constantly thats too much... And I don't really like talking about my past situations all like that cuz they make assumptions and things of that nature. I swear the worst thing is when a girl think she know everything about you.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I would advise keeping it vague, at least initially, no need to broadcast your business until you know it's going somewhere. And even once all loved up, I would say reveal details with extreme caution, people tend to dwell on stuff and I'm not a fan of having to explain/defend past relationships.