What's it called? How would you call them out?

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
What is the proper term/label for someone who claims they did something when everyone knows that they didn't? I ask this because this one person claims that she made attempts to get our group together for final presentation preparation, when our group (and her) knows that she did no such thing. Would that be a "Ms. me too?"

Also, what would be an appropriate way to "call them out" on what they claim to have done? I'm fed up with this person. While my other group members have sent me information, this girl has sent NOTHING, yet she claims that she has done the most work. What would be the correct word and how can I call her out without hurting her feelings (if that's even possible)?

Comments

• rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont know what a person like that is called, but I have a roomie like this. She ? me off with that.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont know what a person like that is called, but I have a roomie like this. She ? me off with that.

I see, that sucks. I really am fed up with the girl because like I said, she has done nothing to contribute. I don't think it's copycat because that would require her to actually do something. What about Ms Me Too? That could possibly fit. If you think of anything, please comment on this thread
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't know the fancy term but out here in dayton we call them Lying ass pieces of ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    I don't know the fancy term but out here in dayton we call them Lying ass pieces of ?

Hehe, shout out to Dayton!
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    A ? Liar?

That's likely it, but you know of a way that I can call her that w/o getting in trouble? She'll snitch to the dean if I call her a ? liar...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol you dont have to call her a name, just tell her straight up she hasnt done anything for the presentation, and then let the teacher know. and make sure the other people will back you up. or just tell her that if she doesnt do anything, you will let the teacher know, and maybe she'll step it up.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I see, that sucks. I really am fed up with the girl because like I said, she has done nothing to contribute. I don't think it's copycat because that would require her to actually do something. What about Ms Me Too? That could possibly fit. If you think of anything, please comment on this thread

A Mr/Ms Me Too does not make sense in this case. Its obvious they're telling lies, but I dont think theres any other "name" or term than a person like that. Other than liar, of course
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you starting to ? me off

Huh? What exactly did I do to ? you off?
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    lol you dont have to call her a name, just tell her straight up she hasnt done anything for the presentation, and then let the teacher know. and make sure the other people will back you up. or just tell her that if she doesnt do anything, you will let the teacher know, and maybe she'll step it up.

Good idea, I don't think it'll work though since the other people in my group (both girls) are tight with the lazy girl. Snitching is moot because she told me that she taking 20 credits (BS i think) and she working full time.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A Mr/Ms Me Too does not make sense in this case. Its obvious they're telling lies, but I dont think theres any other "name" or term than a person like that. Other than liar, of course

Liar is probably the term, thanks Rose
  • chi-town91
    chi-town91 Members Posts: 103
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kidnap her and put her n tha trunk till she smells of skunks
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ask her to do the presentation since she's so 'involved' in it. And then smugly watch her stumble through it because she hasn't actually done any work towards it. It will be obvious to everyone.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Koko888 wrote: »
    Ask her to do the presentation since she's so 'involved' in it. And then smugly watch her stumble through it because she hasn't actually done any work towards it. It will be obvious to everyone.

^ Yes, that is better than verbally calling her out. While I'm for that, too bad my peers won't give a ? if she ? it up or not...
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Pull her to the side and say "I'll choke the ? out of you if you pull this again."
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Now what would unforgivable guy say?

? , IF YOU SASS ME ONE MOAR TIME...!!!
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A fabricator, or a deceiver.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    if everyone in the group is okay with it....

just let your professor know you kicked her out for lack of participation

no need to say anything to her
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We call people like those frauds where I come from
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What is the proper term/label for someone who claims they did something when everyone knows that they didn't
    a bullshitter
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they are called a ? liar

bluffin ass ?

fake ?

fraud ass ?
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In the Bay, we call somebody like that a "Cat" and when they say they was gon' do something and don't, we say they're "cattin'" or "cattin' off"
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a bullshitter.........

Ive been on both ends of this...........sometimes you gotta play it by the person..........If they seem like they gonna be accountable, you gotta approach them in a non confrontational and adult like manner (prefereably dolo), and more times than not, you will get what you asked for......IF they gonna be confrontational, depending on the vaule of what they bullshitting about, you just gotta go through with calling them out....or u just elevate to a point you move on with out it whatever it is they bullshitting bout.....cause sometimes that person, all they have is is mouth and then the situation gets deeper than what its supposed to be.....the goal and focus is thrown off.....
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bullshitter of the highest order. Drop her like a bad habit.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Freeloader/freerider