Lets put this to rest who you rolling with Rose or Westbrook?

Options

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LOL Tommy I know you joking because I try to come with facts all the time. But that being said we know the truth these haters dislike Rose because us Chicago cats know the truth and the league is starting to see the truth we been seeing since he was in 8th grade and at Simeon. And I never said that Iverson better in my Magic in my life so thats how I know you joking

he was talkin bout the poster u quoted, not u..
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know now thats why I edited my post LOL
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Smh @ Westbrook being a role player. Wtf? He averagn 23.8ppg 8.3apg 5.6rpg? Role players dont put up those numbers. Plus Westbrook is the better defender. Rose is jus the 2010 version of Marbury in terms of being self centred.thats why he dint want Bron to come to Chi...unless Melo joins the Bulls, Rose aint winnin no ship as the alpha dog
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mumo x wrote: »
    rose is jus the 2010 version of marbury in terms of being self centred.thats why he dint want bron to come to chi...

stop it.....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    stop it.....

thats what i said
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited December 2010
    Options
    r u foreal???

rose is the best player on HIS TEAM

TEAMS GAMEPLAN AND MAKE DEFENSES TO STOP HIM

niccas dont care about westbrook.

he gets open shots because of durant

/thread
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bro how is Westbrook a better shooter when Rose is shooting better????
    Slasher: Rose
    Ball Handler: Rose
    Court vision: Westbrook
    Running the open floor:Rose
    Clutch: Rose
    Leader: Rose
    Defender: Westbrook

Derrick Rose Stats
    PPG 26.6
    RPG 4.6
    APG 8.2
    SPG 1.0
    BPG 0.6
    FG% 0.468
    FT% 0.776
    3P% 0.327
    MPG 39.1

Russell Westbrook
    PPG 23.8
    RPG 5.1
    APG 8.6
    SPG 2.2
    BPG 0.4
    FG% 0.447
    FT% 0.886
    3P% 0.286
    MPG 37.3

Now stats don't lie!!!! Rose is just more explosive and can't be guarded. Not to take nothing from Westbrook but Westbrook has Durant to lean on Rose has seen traps and doubleteams all year. Westbrook can operate because teams keying on Durant. Rose Jumpshot is way more consistent and he is becoming a great playmaker as you see with his 8.2 assist.

Westbrook has a better jump shot than Derrick Rose. Westbrook can hit mid-range jump shots at an okay level, and he can hit open 3's. Can't say the same for Rose, yet.

Also, these are observations I've witnessed with my own eyes. I don't care about stats. Too many variables go into stats (such as level of talent around you, coaching style, playing style, shot selection etc.) for them to be the end all, be all.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    r u foreal???

/thread

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    r u foreal???

/thread

So what if Rose and Westbrook switched places? Would Rose still be the best player on his team (aka is Rose > Durant)? Is Rose capable of putting up those numbers with another superstar on his team (the same way Westbrook is doing)?

Does Durant even get double-teamed? When has Durant ever set up his teammates?

.... Better argument please.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't understand why people on here acting like Rose doesn't have a good supporting cast. He has Noah who is one of the best rebounding/defensive big men in the league that dominates the boards. Also you have Deng who is capable of going for 20+ points any given night (Avg 19 and 6 this season) as well as Taj Gibson (11 and 7 this season) who is playing well with ? out. Its ironic how the same posters picking Rose are all Bulls fans but the non-bias viewers picked Westbrook. Yes we know Durant is an elite player in the league but if you watch OKC play you will notice on his off nights (many games this season) Westbrook takes over with ease and has shown he can lead his team without Durant.

Once ? comes back Rose numbers will drop points wise but its fair to say right now the battle is closer than y'all think.

Check my location... I'm definitely not no Bulls fan and if I had to choose another team besides the lakers it would be OKC since Kevin Durant my #2 player in the association right now

And I'm saying... Rose>>>>Westbrook

With no bias whatsoever.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Westbrook has a better jump shot than Derrick Rose. Westbrook can hit mid-range jump shots at an okay level, and he can hit open 3's. Can't say the same for Rose, yet.

Also, these are observations I've witnessed with my own eyes. I don't care about stats. Too many variables go into stats (such as level of talent around you, coaching style, playing style, shot selection etc.) for them to be the end all, be all.

Hilarious

All evidence to the contrary...

Rose
    FG% .468
    3P% .327
    26.6 PPG

Westbrook
    FG% .447
    3P% .286
    23.8 PPG
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Check my location... I'm definitely not no Bulls fan and if I had to choose another team besides the lakers it would be OKC since Kevin Durant my #2 player in the association right now

And I'm saying... Rose>>>>Westbrook

With no bias whatsoever.

What aspects is Rose better than Westbrook?
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Hilarious

All evidence to the contrary...

Rose
    FG% .468
    3P% .327
    26.6 PPG

Westbrook
    FG% .447
    3P% .286
    23.8 PPG

and rose takes waaayy more shots

i cant believe niccas is tryna compare this ? westbrook to rose smh
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bet. onemanshow, greenwood, keeponpushin, all seem to know what they are talkin bout. you're statement wasnt that bad but I dont think that just because Rose has led his squad into the playoffs that automatically makes him better. like oneman pointed out to you, KD and Green were out of three games and Russ won them for us. He could EASILY takeover and win if KD and Green were gone or injured. Dude who said RW was a role player, HRap, Bbraze and a couple of others are lost, confused, just flat out dont know what they are saying or are just hating. period.

wait so you're using KD and Green being out for 3 games as a comparison for Rose leading his team to the playoffs or having them be in playoff contention every year since he's been in the league

rly the fact that Rose has LED his team to the playoffs AUTOMATICALLY makes him better. Was this Rose vs Westbrook comparison even up for debate a year ago, NO. So why after 1 summer are we trying to make them equals? Thats disrespectful to D. Rose. Him leading his team to the playoffs is a RESULT OF being better than Westbrook in the following ways:
    Shooter:Rose
    Slasher:Rose
    Ball Handler:Rose
    Court vision:Rose
    Running the open floor:Rose
    Clutch:Rose
    Leader:Rose
    Defender:Westbrook

Westbrook a better rebounder

Rose is shooting better,averaging more points and the same assists he doesnt have Durant on his team like westbrook has

Westbrook is not a good shooter at all its not as close as some people make it

I gave you a result. You looked at it as the cause. This is a knee ? reaction thread. Let's combat the silliness with rational and logic.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    D.Rose all day >>>>Westbrook. RW good player but Rose can take his game 2 another level he has won on every level he's played on and makes his team better. Its hard 2 argue this when Rose is a MVP candidate and Westbrook teammate is a MVP candidate. Doesnt equal up. But RW has stepped his game up but Rose 2nd Best PG behind my man and em' Deron Williams
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    D.Rose all day >>>>Westbrook. RW good player but Rose can take his game 2 another level he has won on every level he's played on and makes his team better. Its hard 2 argue this when Rose is a MVP candidate and Westbrook teammate is a MVP candidate. Doesnt equal up. But RW has stepped his game up but Rose 2nd Best PG behind my man and em' Deron Williams

Derrick Rose is a better PG than Chris Paul?
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    wait so you're using KD and Green being out for 3 games as a comparison for Rose leading his team to the playoffs or having them be in playoff contention every year since he's been in the league

rly the fact that Rose has LED his team to the playoffs AUTOMATICALLY makes him better. Was this Rose vs Westbrook comparison even up for debate a year ago, NO. So why after 1 summer are we trying to make them equals? Thats disrespectful to D. Rose. Him leading his team to the playoffs is a RESULT OF being better than Westbrook in the following ways:

I gave you a result. You looked at it as the cause. This is a knee ? reaction thread. Let's combat the silliness with rational and logic.

Just because Rose led his team to the playoffs, and Westbrook hasn't needed to "lead" his team to the playoffs, does not make him the better player automatically.
    Some horrible logic.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Just because Rose led his team to the playoffs, and Westbrook hasn't needed to "lead" his team to the playoffs, does not make him the better player automatically.
    Some horrible logic.

It has nothing to do with the NEED. Wtf. Again think past the obvious written down ? .

And again you miss the bottom line of my "horrible logic." Rose leading his team to the playoffs is a RESULT of his skill. His ABILITY to lead his team to the playoffs can not be understated. That same ABILITY is displayed when we say he has a better Jumper etc etc etc

If Westbrook is on the Bulls there is no way they are as competitive (you can only argue against that fact THIS YEAR). Rose makes that team what they are.

In many ways, the pressure put on Rose to lead the Bulls has been a catalyst in his development.

At the end of the day the question asked is: Who are you rolling with, Rose or Westbrook?

The answer. Hands down. Man down. Is Rose. And you can't argue against that. Because every single one of your arguments will start with, "Westbrook is nice now." And like true short term fans you will throw out all past experience/events.
  • clepton
    clepton Members Posts: 114
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the NEED. Wtf. Again think past the obvious written down ? .

And again you miss the bottom line of my "horrible logic." Rose leading his team to the playoffs is a RESULT of his skill. His ABILITY to lead his team to the playoffs can not be understated. That same ABILITY is displayed when we say he has a better Jumper etc etc etc

If Westbrook is on the Bulls there is no way they are as competitive (you can only argue against that fact THIS YEAR). Rose makes that team what they are.

In many ways, the pressure put on Rose to lead the Bulls has been a catalyst in his development.

At the end of the day the question asked is: Who are you rolling with, Rose or Westbrook?

The answer. Hands down. Man down. Is Rose. And you can't argue against that. Because every single one of your arguments will start with, "Westbrook is nice now." And like true short term fans you will throw out all past experience/events.

Yeah I just don't see myself picking Westbrook over Rose yet. He's a great player but Rose is just better in nearly all facets of the game right now. Westbrook is catching up, but as of right now its Rose
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »

I disagree on the bolded. so far this season Westbrook has been puttin up MVP numbers.so far He's had a great season if not better than Rose,CP3 or D-Will.......and aint no way is Rose better than CP3. Thats reachin

? are overlookin Westbrook cuz he teamates wit KD but that would be the same if CP3,Rose or D-Will played with Durant.......

Give credit where its due. Fact of the matter is that Westbrook is an Elite PG.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited December 2010
    Options
    u start a franchise around rose.

NOT westbrook

there is a reason rose was the number 1 pick and rookie of the year

and started over westbrook for the usa team
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    u start a franchise around rose.

NOT westbrook

there is a reason rose was the number 1 pick and rookie of the year

and started over westbrook for the usa team

? reaching hard I showed stats that show Rose is the better shooter ? still saying Westbrook shooting is better. I'm sorry Rose has no superstars on his team Westbrook do!!!! Rose controls games now. Teams are trapping him and double teaming him this year. Rose has to perform at an elite level every night for the Bulls to even have a chance. Westbrook has Durant to lean on period!!!!
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bump....

For those who saying Westbrook is nothing but a glorified role player....no Durant playing tonight 21-12-9 on an off night shooting (5-17 fg)....? need to give props where its due.
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Best rebounding PG in the league without a question...and has a better jumper than Rose

36-15- 9...if that ain't beasting mode I don't know what is.

Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nobody called him a 'glorified role player' and why are u tryin so hard to convince people

More people said the opposite.Consensus>>>>>>>>>>You