Thinkin about giving the trees up

Options
D.Original
D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
i been an every day smoker for about 10 years of my life. now im startin to feel like this ? is holdin me back. i heard long term use can cause irritablilty, anxiety among other side effects. and i mos def not tryin to cause some mental problems cause i gotta smoke every day. but dam its gonna be a challenge. i know some of yall got some insight.

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im not speaking on the side effects ... but ive been telling ? this ... weed is a waste of time and money ...it doesnt not make you think or concentrate any harder. and yes it enhances the taste of food ... but so what

trust and believe i used to smoke all the time everyday ... but ive elevated faster and learned more since i stopped .. i even became a better parent ... last time i smoked was in 02
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    if you wanna quit do you...props...but don't become one of those "My life is so much better than yours because I quit weed" former smokers...those people in general are annoying as ? ...
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im not speaking on the side effects ... but ive been telling ? this ... weed is a waste of time and money ...it doesnt not make you think or concentrate any harder. and yes it enhances the taste of food ... but so what

trust and believe i used to smoke all the time everyday ... but ive elevated faster and learned more since i stopped .. i even became a better parent ... last time i smoked was in 02

even though I personally agree with you about what smoking weed is like, your experience with weed isn't the same as everybody else's...and people who do use it for religious reasons clearly get something spiritual out of it
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Move to a state like Colorado or California.

The weed is so dank you can't even really smoke it like that.

:truth

Once I got my hands on some world class Kush, ? man, you don't even want to smoke it like that.

IT'S TOO DANK!!!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

I stop smoking when it kept making me sleepy! That was a waste of money.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    even though I personally agree with you about what smoking weed is like, your experience with weed isn't the same as everybody else's...and people who do use it for religious reasons clearly get something spiritual out of it

Some people get spiritual with cutting chickens and draining their blood. ..................................................I had no real reason of saying that! Side effect of smoking weed for so long!
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

But my motto is this ..smokers don't quit we take breaks
    If u a real smoker this is what it is.

Don't do it Brother!! lol j/p I dont ever feel abstaining completely is necessary although we do need breaks and to balance it out. I been burning only medical for the past 4 years but I feel I should cut back drastically or just quit for a period of time. Only problem for me is weed costs money, not a problem for long.
  • BurninBush
    BurninBush Members Posts: 529 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    error. does not compute.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    if you wanna quit do you...props...but don't become one of those "My life is so much better than yours because I quit weed" former smokers...those people in general are annoying as ? ...
    ....as well as hypocritical amongst other things.
    Well see ones experience won't be tha same for the next person...so with that being said..look at ur last 10 yrs high..do u feel u would have elavated ur life for the positive if u hadn't smoked them 10years away?..I don't care for droppin knowledge but I will say this...I quit for the last 2 years..n wasted more time n energy and health drinking more ..so iblowed an L 2 days ago and felt great..I quit drinking to get ? n I'm feeling more me then ever

But my motto is this ..smokers don't quit we take breaks

This is true. I could never say "I quit". I take a break every few months. 1/11 will be my next fast.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

real talk, they can miss me with that ? .
  • D.Original
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i appreciate the feedback and opinions. if i quit it wouldnt be all together but just not every dam day. i could see myself puffin every month. but im not sure if i could do that without doin it every day. and too answer the question, ya i think i could have accomplished more without the daily habit. i wouldnt put it up there w drinking tho. ill blaze and wake up w a clear head the next day but we kno it aint the same w drinking. ? i live in cali too but i ? w the stress to save money and cause i try to keep my head together a lil bit. that kush will have my ass stupid and ready to sleep to quick. i wouldnt even have the dough to blow kush every day if i wanted too.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    D.Original wrote: »
    i appreciate the feedback and opinions. if i quit it wouldnt be all together but just not every dam day. i could see myself puffin every month. but im not sure if i could do that without doin it every day. and too answer the question, ya i think i could have accomplished more without the daily habit. i wouldnt put it up there w drinking tho. ill blaze and wake up w a clear head the next day but we kno it aint the same w drinking. ? i live in cali too but i ? w the stress to save money and cause i try to keep my head together a lil bit. that kush will have my ass stupid and ready to sleep to quick. i wouldnt even have the dough to blow kush every day if i wanted too.

maybe you can just be a night smoker? thats what i do.... 75% of the time haha
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol i made a bet with my homie on dec 1st that i gotta quit cuz he says im addicted, im up for the challenge tho i jus wanna prove to myslef that i can go without doin it for a month, its hard tho when all ur friends do it n u surrounded by it
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    T/S I'm not judging, preaching, nor trying to get you to second guess yourself

my motto from Summer of '92'-PRESENT DAY is....."smoke long or smoke wrong"

I'm a 33 year-old parent of 2 and herb has no effect on my parenting...from the time "daddy wake up I'm hungry" to "kids it's bedtime" I'm proactive with my kids when I'm fortunate enough to have them (let alone both simultaneously since my son is outta state). Once the kids are sleep it's Oldhead time to unwind and mellow da fukk out (blaze from a long days work b/c believe what I say when PARENTING IS A WHOLE OTHER JOB IN ITSELF).

Through the years I'll admit that I've had my sabbaticals along the way (certain job, kids first 3 months,etc. so I haven't been on the 24/7 365 habit. I've tapered the ? down considerably from my teens and in my early 20's till now so I've honestly had some balance(s) along the way.

Best of luck in wherever your mental takes you

*sneaks off to roll joint and take a commercial break*
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *Smokes Grand Daddy Purple*
    For Da smokers.
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gotta get a hold of this infamous Cali Kush that ALOTTA LUCKY MUTHAFUKKAZ GOT THEY HANDS ON I've never been as far as west as TX or NE geographically but I'll be damned if I don't touchdown in da Golden State before it's too late
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i take breaks sometimes.. lower my tolerance level.. save a lil money and weed.. get my energy levels bak up.

but quit? damn that sucks ? . have fun
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oldhead77 wrote: »
    gotta get a hold of this infamous Cali Kush that ALOTTA LUCKY MUTHAFUKKAZ GOT THEY HANDS ON I've never been as far as west as TX or NE geographically but I'll be damned if I don't touchdown in da Golden State before it's too late

Cali is King. Socal got the Kush on lock. Up north some of the finest Purps. Theres everything in between also its not all about Kush. Genetics here are fairly plentiful and superb. Smoke that good ? yall. No bammer please.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man dont blame the trees on your mental/health problems...

go on a lil break if you must, but completley stop chiefin?? you crazy
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *starts singing and dancing*

never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

never gonna run around and desert you
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Been up on the SPICE and its an alt to weed, herbal incense stuff, they about to band it, but it gets u high but just not as long as weed...anyway im about to quit smoking for the pure reason or boredom, my experience of weed is enhanced humor, music, and food...not worth the effects on my body....claps for niccas wit iron lungs...standing ovation for niccas who can start and stop when they know the time is right.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Been up on the SPICE and its an alt to weed, herbal incense stuff, they about to band it, but it gets u high but just not as long as weed...anyway im about to quit smoking for the pure reason or boredom, my experience of weed is enhanced humor, music, and food...not worth the effects on my body....claps for niccas wit iron lungs...standing ovation for niccas who can start and stop when they know the time is right.

THAT ? GON ? YOU ? . smokin that damn make-ba-weed. that aint of the earth g. u couldnt find a legitimate article to save your life that gives proof that weed is detrimental to your health.

mcdonalds ? more folks than weed. educate yourself son. government got all these anti weed commercials but allows people to sell that poison on tv I.E. alcohol, cigarettes, fastfood.. do some reserach on ur own and ull learn alot
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cats in here sounding like addicts.
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    D.Original wrote: »

i don't understand this...i'm still very functional when I smoke kush...yeah i'm alot higher but I can still function and be around people them have no clue I'm high...
  • D.Original
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i don't understand this...i'm still very functional when I smoke kush...yeah i'm alot higher but I can still function and be around people them have no clue I'm high...

its cool if im with my peoples. but if i put it in the air before/during work...my ? is not all there. i lose track of what im doing or cant concentrate long enough to understand some directions. i only smoke that kush on occasion, when i got an extra 20 to blow.