If Diddy would of never introduced the HEAVY flash would hip hop be more personal .?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Reason
just a question .... chime in .

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Heavy Flash?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    like the shiny suits and ? .

nah, because diddy wasnt the only one to do it. cash money and no limit would have been stuntin like that with or without diddy doing it.
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Aw, naw, a flashy ? gon be a flashy ? no matter what.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thats a bit of a reach, ? was just a gimmick, no more, no less
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    just a question .... chime in .

Diddy never introduced it. He made the bling and high price living his angle in his music. But flashy ? been around since dope dealing on the block. Hip hop culture has always been a direct reflection of street lifestyle times 10. So it was only a matter of time before this one small aspect of streetlife is taken to the extreme. Maybe y'all are too young to remember, but ? like Slick Rick, Kool Moe Dee and Big Daddy Kane been on that flashy fly ? ? since the birth of hip hop. I think Diddy was the one who showed the game how to make the most money rapping about it, which dumb down hip hop for sure. But he wasn't the cause of it, just a really big contributor to the problem with hip hop now.
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    slick_rick_small.jpg
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Erick-B-Rakim.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Aw, naw, a flashy ? gon be a flashy ? no matter what.

but what puff did was take flashy as the main ingredient needed in the game ....

? has been overpowering every since ....

yea you've had the dmx who came in and made some noise but the flashy very over the top flamboyance has been the main ingredient to success ....

every since puff brought bentleys the hamptons versace and caviar thru the door its been flashy>>>>>>>>skills
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options
    slick_rick_small.jpg

And there you have it!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ? has been going on since the beginning of hip hop
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    every cat u just posted has skills P ....

flash has overdone skill these days ...
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but what puff did was take flashy as the main ingredient needed in the game ....

yea you've had the dmx who came in and made some noise but the flashy very over the top flamboyance has been the main ingredient to success ....

I mean, whether rapper or not, money, cars, jewelry is what ? try to come up to get. Alot of the flashy ? are just ? who come from nothin and are proud of what they got. It may look bad sometimes, but thats what it is
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options

Just like how Jay Z made rapping about ? his whole agenda, so you can easily blame him for the way hip hop is now too. Diddy had no material so he only rapped about what he knew. Which was being a fly flashy arrogant ? . Problem was, a lot of the new ? who came into the game at that time saw that Diddy was making a killing rapping about that, so they just followed who was making the most money at the time. Just ask the Lox, as hard and as street as they are, they saw those dollar signs and chased that when they were with Bad Boy. I still laugh when I see the old Mase video and there is a cameo with all of the Lox wearing shiny ass green suits and ? . So I think emcees follow trends. If there was a rapper to come out on some real positive ? , and yet make a lot of money off of that. Then you'll see a bunch of new emcees doing the same ? . It happened with Kanye, if it wasn't for him all of the Wales, Drakes, Kid Cudis and Lupe Fiascos of the hip hop game wouldn't be popping up all over like this. It only takes one to really get rich then they will follow.
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options
    every cat u just posted has skills P ....

flash has overdone skill these days ...

You are right about that though. Being flashy back in the 80's was just something to do. You still needed to be cold on the mic to even want to wear all of the chains and ? , it was like a boxer rocking his championship belt.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? this thread

? ? u .... take the truth in then ? it out ....

I respect puff as a man of business ... but the ? he pulled with the flash subsitute lack of skills is what thru the game in a whirlwind ... ask ya favorite mc who is NICE and he'll tell u the same ....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being flashy, the game got ? up when it lost balance. There is room for everything in hiphop but these labels and the business side only push one thing for some reason.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with being flashy, the game got ? up when it lost balance. There is room for everything in hiphop but these labels and the business side only push one thing for some reason.

true it isnt nothing wrong with flashy ... but just being flamboyant to compensate for your lack of skill is what ? the genre up ....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? ? u .... take the truth in then ? it out ....

I respect puff as a man of business ... but the ? he pulled with the flash subsitute lack of skills is what thru the game in a whirlwind ... ask ya favorite mc who is NICE and he'll tell u the same ....

shut up, ?
    ? everytime i post somethin it say the moderators gotta approve my ?
    i actually was gon contribute
    but ? this janky ass thread
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shut up, ?
    ? everytime i post somethin it say the moderators gotta approve my ?
    i actually was gon contribute
    but ? this janky ass thread

we dnt need your shady contributions my friend ...