Nicki Minaj's live shows are corny, awkward, and overrated Part 4

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Reason
hott.jpg

Posting and lurking members of allhiphop.com, I implore you to ask yourselves: How much is enough? After another atrocious rendition of an already ear-? "Right Thru Me", Nicki Minaj solidified herself as the mascot of coonery in the new decade. Encouraging young women of African decsent to despise their course hair and radiantly dark skin, Minaj lends a helping hand to the socio-political culture of America, tea party included, in returning to a era in which racism and sexism is overtly displayed. Dolled up in a blond wig, genetically unnatural body curves, and a tight dress, Minaj intices white man talk show host Regis Philbin to size her up with his eyes and hands... up and down... front to back.

regis-philbin-kelly-nicki-minaj-112910.jpg

What does Regis Philbin of ‘Live! with Regis and Kelly’ show and Rihanna have in common? They both like to tap Nicki Minaj’s ? , as Rihanna did last week, as reported on HipHopRX.com, and Regis did this week.

The female rapper appeared on the long-running talk show on Monday to perform “Right Thru Me” during their “LIVE in Las Vegas week” in promotion of her new album Pink Friday which released on November 19th. What Nicki Minaj might not would have thought was going to happen after her performance is that Regis Philbin would try to get a little smack on her butt.

While talking to Nick Minaj, the 79 year-old talk-show host, singer and personality complimented her on her outfit saying, “I love the way you dress.” Regis kept glimpsing at Nicki Minaj we guess to see how he would get himself a little feel while asking her about her dress which was tightly fitted.

Regis goes on to say, “It looks like you have a little strap around you there [slapping her backside], you know what I mean?” Kelly, sounding estatic says, “Regis!” as the crowd cheered him on. Kelly waved her hands in the air questioning the ? slapping, “What just happened?”

After giving Nicki Minaj a quick shock, Regis told her that he loved Lil Wayne and asked what advice does Wayne give her.

“He tells me to go hard,” says Nicki Minaj.

“Go hard? I wish I could,” replies back Regis.

As for Nicki Minaj, she was short on words and just as in awe but later tweeted she was “in shock”.
http://www.hiphoprx.com/2010/11/30/regis-philbin-taps-nicki-minajs-? -wishes-he-could-go-hard-pictures/

Fast-Foward to 3:33
So an old rich white guy slaps her on the ass while goading her verbally, and she responds by smiling and chuckling offhandedly? Am I the only one that saw a small piece of her die inside? Compassion should kick in right about now. It's no doubt that the temple of spirituality and sexuality that is the black woman's body has for LONG been a fantasy of the white male. That's fine. Who can blame him? The point however, is to look but not touch... to admire but not engage. When Regis Philbin slapped Nicki Minaj's ass, they took on broader roles of representation. In that instant, Regis represented white male dominance, Nicki represented a mere sexual prize/fantasy, and the act reflected the modern heirarchy of Western society in which the slave master's house is mental, the house ? is the black woman, and the field ? is the black man.

Thank you, Nicki Minaj. Everytime you (dis)grace the stage with your presence, you give the public another reason to unappreciate your existence. And to her loyal and ? stans, I hope you get gang-? by a pack of Tamahu.

Comments