Alicia keys got 3 certified classics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
siqnih da rapper
siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
"songs in a minor".. "diary of alicia keys".... "and as i am"(which i think is her best album) but yeah i said it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Agreed.

I still don't know why people dislike As I AM.

That album is sick front to back.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I thought this was common knowledge...
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I disagree... I dont feel songs in a minor was classic. I agree that diary and as i am are both classics... So is her last album... So you are right in 3 classics wrong in which 3
  • churchboy2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I disagree... I dont feel songs in a minor was classic. I agree that diary and as i am are both classics... So is her last album... So you are right in 3 classics wrong in which 3

Interesting point re: A Minor...

But on Element of Freedom, that Beyonce joint gets a "skip forward" every time... (it certainly takes away from any "classic" tags for me.)

And she seems to be channeling Prince a little too much (see: "This Bed" and "Distance & Time")
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No way her last album wasn't that good and As I Am is not too good not to bad.

Songs In A Minor is her only classic with Diary being a near classic.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think she is very talented . And I think her albums are very good - great . But I am not sure if I would say they are classics.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hell no, he last album was borderline garbage.
  • churchboy2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    No way her last album wasn't that good and As I Am is not too good not to bad.

Songs In A Minor is her only classic with Diary being a near classic.

Must agree to disagree here; Diary is far superior to A Minor
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think all of them are good w/ the first three albums being great. As I Am is my favorite A. Keys album followed by Songs and Diary.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I think she is very talented . And I think her albums are very good - great . But I am not sure if I would say they are classics.

I agree.........people throw this word around too damn much. So quick to declare everything a classic.
  • garv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alicia Keys fell off after Diary, she still has the odd track here and there, but i don't look at her how i used to anymore. I put her in the same category as Beyonce and co rather than the same category as Angie Stone, Jill Scott etc like i used to.
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Churchboy2 wrote: »
    Agreed.

I still don't know why people dislike As I AM.

That album is sick front to back.

thanks man .. thanks bruh... i really apreciate that!!!!
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Churchboy2 wrote: »

Interesting point re: A Minor...

But on Element of Freedom, that Beyonce joint gets a "skip forward" every time... (it certainly takes away from any "classic" tags for me.)

And she seems to be channeling Prince a little too much (see: "This Bed" and "Distance & Time")

Granted the beyonce track is not my usual cup of tea, but I understand where they was going wit it and it came out a hot little pop single... The song would of been much bigger had the shot the video but alicia didnt wanna be outdone by beyonce... I dont blame her
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree.........people throw this word around too damn much. So quick to declare everything a classic.

I feel the word classic is not used enough... Great music should be heralded. And there is definetly tons and tons of classic music around.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Diary is her best album hands down. I wish she toned her voice a bit. It seems like she oversings too much these days (especially on As I am). Alicia sounds best when she's restrained and smooth. Diary also had her best lyrics . Her pen game sucked a bit on last 2 albums.
  • dimples
    dimples Members Posts: 29
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Diary is her best album hands down. I wish she toned her voice a bit. It seems like she oversings too much these days (especially on As I am). Alicia sounds best when she's restrained and smooth. Diary also had her best lyrics . Her pen game sucked a bit on last 2 albums.

Completely agree. As I Am had a lot of fans divided. Only 3/4 tracks get love from me. She decided to switch up her voice on this album. I don't like how she tries to sing out of her range now. I think A Minor was a solid debut, Diary was her best album in my opinion. Element of Freedom was cool but the songwriting was kinda weak to me.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Songs - 5 MICS
    Diary - 5 MICS
    As I Am - 4 MICS
    Elements - 3.5 MICS

She only has 2 Classics, her 1st two. "As I Am" had some great songs but it still felt she was missing something. "Elements" seemed forced musically, it's like she didn't grow artistically with that album. I think all of her albums are good and have replay value but she only has 2 Classics.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Whats up wit all the hate for as i am and element of freedom?? As I Am is her most complete album, gender nuetral. Songs in a minor was strictly for women if you ask me... Element of freedom is a great album. Love is like the sea>>>>>>
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People really over rate Diary. At least on this forum since its the only place I hear it. That album is no where near the end all be all from Alicia. I loved it but she definitely topped it with As I Am and The Element. Diary is the better R&b/soul album but As I Am is the better everything else. The instrumentation, instruments used, musicality, the sound is just grander. The lyrics on The Element of Freedom are dope.
  • garv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just finished listening to the As I Am, and while its not bad its certainly not a classic. Diary also i don't rate it that high, in fact i also went back to listen to Songs In A Minor and maybe i was too leniant in my praise for that album. In all i don't think she has any classics after carefully re evaluating although Songs In A Minor is the closest.
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah she is a beast a legend off top
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Songs and Diary are classic albums the rest....Ehh