MVP got them Future Endeavors

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
The ? just wasn't happy because they ? on him. He pulled a Matt Hardy, talked ? about his situation to the people through Twitter and other social outlets, and got his wish.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mvpreleased

Based on comments made on his Twitter account, it appears MVP went to WWE and asked for his release, which was granted to him. He has expressed great interest in the past in wrestling in Japan, and more specifically, competing against Masahiro Chono, so it should come as no surprise that he has also made a Twitter comment about “going international” and freshening things up.

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    props to mvp. good luck my ?
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh ?

i forgot MVP was in TNA under his govt name

makes sense he never got that title push

not only does WCW guys never get the WWE title but TNA guys never get good pushes

WWE has signed several TNA guys jus to midcard them...Samoa Joe picked up on this a few years ago and decided to resign with TNA instead of jumpin over to WWE,,,man,if only i could find that interview

i cant remember wether it was in a mag or online
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mane damn....smh..
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LMAO at MVP with that short cut.... WWE ? over another ? it seems. It aint going to be long before Kofi starts to suffer the same ? watch. WWE aint pushing no ? to the main event, even the ones who were over. You saw what happened to muthafuckin Cryme Tyme and they was some jig ass ? , but they was over. You saw how they got rid of Shelton
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cryme Tyme was dicked over for their title shot to. They won a title shot in a Fatal 4-Way tag team match and didn't get the match until MONTHS later. The match wasn't even hyped up. The buzz wore off and it was just your basic title match; they didn't put over the fact that CT won the right to the match via beating 3 other teams at once and the match was basically forgotten about. So many people to this day still say CT never got that title match even though they remember them winning the F4W match. That goes to show that they don't care to hype up the accomplishments of the minority athlete. Yet, Michael Cole hit someone in the head with a shoe and they'll be talking about that for months.

MVP knew the game the WWE were playing with him. He knew they were holding him back for that comment he made to the ? tester who "went to college to look at people ? ", and that was over a year ago. He knew it was time to go, he saw the trend. So instead of getting ? on for a nice pay check, but wasting away (he's not young), he simply talked up his situation online and asked for his release. No sense of hanging around doing nothing, while after 90 days, you can do what you please. Plus, the ? smart, word is he may actually own the rights to the MVP name and gimmick so he can hit the indies and international scene using the character to get more skrilla.

And ur right about Kofi, he was going to get pushed into the ME scene and for whatever reason, they pushed him down below where he started. I wonder why, I haven't seen a white wrestler take a tumble like that before unless they loss the actual title match.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MVP claims he wanted his release and he's happy he's gone..so more power to em.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Cryme Tyme was dicked over for their title shot to. They won a title shot in a Fatal 4-Way tag team match and didn't get the match until MONTHS later. The match wasn't even hyped up. The buzz wore off and it was just your basic title match; they didn't put over the fact that CT won the right to the match via beating 3 other teams at once and the match was basically forgotten about. So many people to this day still say CT never got that title match even though they remember them winning the F4W match. That goes to show that they don't care to hype up the accomplishments of the minority athlete. Yet, Michael Cole hit someone in the head with a shoe and they'll be talking about that for months.

MVP knew the game the WWE were playing with him. He knew they were holding him back for that comment he made to the ? tester who "went to college to look at people ? ", and that was over a year ago. He knew it was time to go, he saw the trend. So instead of getting ? on for a nice pay check, but wasting away (he's not young), he simply talked up his situation online and asked for his release. No sense of hanging around doing nothing, while after 90 days, you can do what you please. Plus, the ? smart, word is he may actually own the rights to the MVP name and gimmick so he can hit the indies and international scene using the character to get more skrilla.

And ur right about Kofi, he was going to get pushed into the ME scene and for whatever reason, they pushed him down below where he started. I wonder why, I haven't seen a white wrestler take a tumble like that before unless they loss the actual title match.

You wont see a white wrestler take that sort of tumble at all. At all. MVP was over like ? and got ? by WWE for the last 2 years. That ? shoulda been getting mad title matches, but he didn't. I be trying to believe that WWE aint racist, but ? it's hard to believe that when all the black wrestlers is stuck in the mid card but they getting over like ? with the fans. Its the ass backwards thinking that make WWE tv product so damn sucky
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i actually can name 2 white wrasslers who got a demoted push after being so over.three actually

1)Test,,,stayed workin his way up,,then gettin pushed into a ? angle

2)Johnny Nitro/Morrison ,,dude had to change his name and work all the way back up

3)Christian,,how do you have the whole arena chanting your name but you keep gettin booked for sunday night heat or whatever then he went to TNA,,was a gawd,came back on the PROMISE that he would receive a fair shot and a major title,,,they kept the promise,,he got the ECW title which didnt mean a thing.

but as to WWE being racist,,i dont think the company as a whole is racist or VKM,,,i feel the road agents and writers maybe racist

i think a few of the good ole boys from the mid 90's WCW are road agents over in WWE now
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Test was a beast but it was obvious why he didn't go as far as he did. He and Albert should have won the tag titles; they were a beast combination. But dude was a walking failed drug test, and he always blogged about advocating for steroid use in sports.

Nitro/Morrison was "demoted" to "ECW" so they could see if he could promo and possibly be a major champion one day. But he can't promo, so she's stuck where he is because of his lack of promo ability. He's got all the talent in the world, but if you can't talk on the stick, then you have no REAL future in the WWE, except for midcard.

Christian is just being dicked over all together. He created his entire persona on his own, got it over, and the WWE hates him for it. Remember when Christian had that face to face with Vince in the ring and the crowd ate that ? up? Look at Vince's face, he was like "OK, I'll see for myself if these people like you". That was Vince's way of testing to see if Christian deserved a push. But of course, it never came, and Christian left for TNA.

There's an old saying that if the WWE didn't make you to what you are at that point in time, then they will do everything to destroy you. Christian might as well came from WCW; because the way they ? on him is the same way they did all that talent that came from that company.

Test and Morrison weren't treated like the black wrestler, given ? gimmicks and go nowhere storylines. Test just screwed himself for being on 'roids and Morrison just can't cut a promo. That was their reason for not being on the level of HHH or Cena. As you see, Morrison continually gets chances to be a top guy but always falls short. If Morrison was black (similar to Shelton), he'd never get a 2nd or 3rd chance to be in the main event. Christian just isn't liked, period.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    actually

i chalked up christian's non advancement to being small

i read a few years ago that VKM jus doesnt like small guys(nh for vince) so no matter what,,christian was never gonna get anywhere because all he did was get cut up and not any bigger

thanx for that info on test... i never knew he was an active advocate for steroids,,kind of a bonehead move considering the company's past
    i thought he had legit heat with HHH and that is why he never advanced

and your right about wwe not liking guys who develop their own gimmick because i read a long time ago in WOW magazine that Shane McMahon and Bruce Pritchard or Michael Hayes created alot of the gimmicks for guys in meetings so it could be trademarked...very rarely does someone come into WWE and get input on their first gimmick not even if they are established....word to Dusty Rhodes and the poka dots

yeah,,,it was Charles Wright,,aka Papa Shango aka The Godfather who said when he came back to WWF SHane McMahon created the Godfather gimmick for him because they needed something they could trademark
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    WWE has way too much of a system.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Randy Orton ? about something Kofi did in a match and that was the end of that push
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MVP should have done this a while ago. How can a dude be called MVP and not amount to ? ?

Has he ever been in a main event title match?
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Actually Test was supposed to become what HHH is today. Later after Test was in TNA, word got out that during the Attitude Era, there was a storyline in place where Test would get into a "relationship" with Linda McMahon and she would basically push him to do whatever he wanted to do in-character and be WWF Champion. I believe that's when HHH started ? with Steph foreal and convinced her to tell Vince to nix that storyline and replace Linda and Test with Steph and himself in the same situation, only they will run the entire company. Remember the Steph/Test wedding storyline where HHH revealed to everyone he had already married Steph? That's where it all began. HHH pulled some political ? to pull the rug from under another dude who was in line just to get his spot. And the rest is history.

Orton ? about a lot of kats doing something to him in the ring and got them demoted or fired, that's nothing new.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Orton's a cornball for doing that ? to Kofi.... I mean, ? you already got ur shot... how the wrestlers going to dictate who gets a shot.. That ? is up to the fans and the promoters who SHOULD pay attention to the fans. Vince sees that some wrestlers dont work, and continues to push them down muthafuckas throats. MVP had a big and growing and them ? just let that ? go to waste for real. Thats some ?
  • TheHitman
    TheHitman Members Posts: 28
    edited December 2010
    Options

Nitro/Morrison was "demoted" to "ECW" so they could see if he could promo and possibly be a major champion one day. But he can't promo, so she's stuck where he is because of his lack of promo ability. He's got all the talent in the world, but if you can't talk on the stick, then you have no REAL future in the WWE, except for midcard.

And with this statement right here, you answered the question on the limited pushes of Shelton, MVP, Kofi and every other wrestler of color you think is being treated unfairly.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the ability to talk and cut a good promo is more valuable to them then your in-ring abilities. Which also explains why you never see a southern boy redneck type get a push either.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TheHitman wrote: »
    And with this statement right here, you answered the question on the limited pushes of Shelton, MVP, Kofi and every other wrestler of color you think is being treated unfairly.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the ability to talk and cut a good promo is more valuable to them then your in-ring abilities. Which also explains why you never see a southern boy redneck type get a push either.

Yep, Vince saw how The Rock could totally own the arena every time he was on the mic.

And now he is pushing "acting" ability more than athletic ability.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yep, Vince saw how The Rock could totally own the arena every time he was on the mic.

And now he is pushing "acting" ability more than athletic ability.

That is true, The Rock had old folks saying his catch phrases, thats when Vince saw he had a new golden goose.
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mally_g wrote: »
    cryme tyme was dicked over for their title shot to. They won a title shot in a fatal 4-way tag team match and didn't get the match until months later. The match wasn't even hyped up. The buzz wore off and it was just your basic title match; they didn't put over the fact that ct won the right to the match via beating 3 other teams at once and the match was basically forgotten about. So many people to this day still say ct never got that title match even though they remember them winning the f4w match. That goes to show that they don't care to hype up the accomplishments of the minority athlete. Yet, michael cole hit someone in the head with a shoe and they'll be talking about that for months.

Mvp knew the game the wwe were playing with him. He knew they were holding him back for that comment he made to the ? tester who "went to college to look at people ? ", and that was over a year ago. He knew it was time to go, he saw the trend. So instead of getting ? on for a nice pay check, but wasting away (he's not young), he simply talked up his situation online and asked for his release. No sense of hanging around doing nothing, while after 90 days, you can do what you please. Plus, the ? smart, word is he may actually own the rights to the mvp name and gimmick so he can hit the indies and international scene using the character to get more skrilla.

And ur right about kofi, he was going to get pushed into the me scene and for whatever reason, they pushed him down below where he started. I wonder why, i haven't seen a white wrestler take a tumble like that before unless they loss the actual title match.

yuuuuuuuup!!!
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TheHitman wrote: »

But here's the gotcha: Ain't none of them ? out there cutting good promos... ANYONE of them..... the only ? cutting good promos is CM Punk and Jericho, and he aint out there like that.