Top RB in The NFL. Chris Johnson vs. Adrian Peterson.

Options
kuskklassic
kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
who are your Top RB in the league.

1. Chris Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Thomas Jones
4. Deangelo Williams
5. Ray Rice

Honorable Mention- Ronnie Brown, Michael Turner, & Frank Gore.

Comments

• msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Damn so what you forgot all about MJD
  • msuman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also their is a guy called Steven Jackson that should make that list.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Thomas Jones

MJD
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How is Thomas Jones better than RB's like DeAngelo Williams and Steven Jackson?
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thomas Jones is one of the most underrated rb's in the league, there aint no way he not top 5
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    People are ranking AP too high. Dude's a fumbling machine, and that's a major problem. During the championship game people were sayin to take him out and put in Taylor...you don't do that with a top RB.
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1) Chris Johnson
    2) DeAngelo Wililams
    3) Michael Turner (ya'll ? slippin.. ? averaged 5 yards a carry on a down year.. missed four games but still had a thousand yards)
    4) Adrian Peterson
    5) Ray Rice
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chris Johnson

Steven Jackson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. Chris Johnson

2. DeAngelo Williams

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Steven Jackson

5. MJD
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Can't believe ? ranking/forgetting about MJD. He's probably the 3rd best rusher after Johnson and Jackson. Turner is so slept on too, but with all his injuries, worried about his staying power.
    1) CJ2K (C'Mon Son)
    2) Stephen Jackson
    3) M-J-D
    4) Michael Turner (yds per carry ration was sick)
    5) ? , Frank Gore, AP, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, DeAngelo Williams, couple of folks mayne
  • msuman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    1) Chris Johnson
    2) DeAngelo Wililams
    3) Michael Turner (ya'll ? slippin.. ? averaged 5 yards a carry on a down year.. missed four games but still had a thousand yards)
    4) Adrian Peterson
    5) Ray Rice

I dont even have to look it up to say no way Michael Turner had a thousand yards this year.
  • American matt
    American matt Members Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chris Johnson
    DeAngelo Williams
    Peterson/ Ray Rice
    MJD
    Jackson
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    People are ranking AP too high. Dude's a fumbling machine, and that's a major problem. During the championship game people were sayin to take him out and put in Taylor...you don't do that with a top RB.

Thank you, AP is not even in my top 5 after that ? he pulled against the Saints. He is now labled as a fumbler. Anytime he plays now everyone will be going for the ball because the word is out. My top 5 right now:

1.Chris Johnson
    2.Jones-Drew
    3.Steven Jackson
    4.Ray Rice
    5. Thomas Jones
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chris Johnson is the top dog until AD learns how to hold on to the football.
  • American matt
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ thomas jones
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1)Chris Johnson
    2)Adrian Peterson(His style of running the ball reminds me of Eddie Goerge a little. I think he will be done around 30)
    3)Stephen Jackson

msuman wrote: »
    I dont even have to look it up to say no way Michael Turner had a thousand yards this year.

Yea I think he missed it by about 100 yards, but for him to miss four games and not get the ball in like 2 others he did ok.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ thomas jones

LOL at you still sleeping on Thomas Jones. He's getting old but he needs to be recognized as a great back. And he doesn't cough up the ball when someone puts a hat on him like AP does. In my eyes until AP solves his fumbling problem he is a liabiliy to his team.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    LOL at you still sleeping on Thomas Jones. He's getting old but he needs to be recognized as a great back. And he doesn't cough up the ball when someone puts a hat on him like AP does. In my eyes until AP solves his fumbling problem he is a liabiliy to his team.

I dont know about great. But he is a solid back. Hes done pretty well just about everywhere he has been.
  • American matt
    edited February 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »

I'm not knocking Jones. He's done good considering his age, but I just dont see him as a top back
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »

your right, only 871 on 178 attempts.. 4.9 yac ... he missed 5 games.. and still had 10 td's .. ? a beast.. ya'll buggin
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    AP is overrated. Not only does he fumble, but he runs way too high. That makes it so easy for defenders to tackle him right at the line of scrimmage. He not making people miss right at the line of scrimmage like his first 2 years. I tink defenses have picked up on his tendecies. For him to break a run he needs a huge hole and his take to the house speed is sort of overrated. He doesnt have that natural speed like Chris Johnson or MJD
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think that AP is better at some things than any other back in the league, such as breaking tackles. However, I do think he is overrated now. He's a fumble machine as people are saying, but on top of that, he's not even all that consistent. Chris Johnson was pretty much a beast all season. AP didn't really show up the last four or five games of the season.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    AP is overrated. Not only does he fumble, but he runs way too high. That makes it so easy for defenders to tackle him right at the line of scrimmage. He not making people miss right at the line of scrimmage like his first 2 years. I tink defenses have picked up on his tendecies. For him to break a run he needs a huge hole and his take to the house speed is sort of overrated. He doesnt have that natural speed like Chris Johnson or MJD

lmao @ dis ? damn Chris Johnson fell off from a few years ago
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    1) Chris Johnson
    2) DeAngelo Wililams
    4) Adrian Peterson
    5) Ray Rice

tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif
This discussion has been closed.