What do you ladies--and dudes--think about a girl asking a guy out?

Options
TeekasaurusRex
TeekasaurusRex Members Posts: 17
edited December 2010 in The Powder Room
I'm curious. How does it come across to guys, and do you think it's appropriate?

Comments

• juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like it, it a change and its a good thing in my eyes. Shows me that she is a strong willed female thats wants what she wants
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    I like it, it a change and its a good thing in my eyes. Shows me that she is a strong willed female thats wants what she wants

Same here. And unless I'm just completely repulsed by a particular female, I'll accept the offer. If I'm busy on a given time and place, I'll offer an alternative time and place.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If a man happens to catche my eyethen I have no problem taking the initiative.
    The last time I approached a man, he actually ended up asking me out to dinner :/
    More often than not, men are usually the one to approach a woman, it is something many of us are used to but I like to switch it up.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm in favor of women doing it, but I doubt that I could...I'm supa shy.
  • Suck Me Beautiful
    Suck Me Beautiful Members Posts: 878
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it shows me that she's thorough and aint into games..i'd be more inclined to see where it would go
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've done that once, approached a guy I' find attractive and to my luck, so far its pretty smoove..

It had me singing Alicia Keys "you don't know my name" hahahaha..
  • shadb33
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    I've done that once, approached a guy I' find attractive and to my luck, so far its pretty smoove..

It had me singing Alicia Keys "you don't know my name" hahahaha..

damn u got a man?
  • Tupacfan
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    damn u got a man?

yessir.. Finally after being single for ? who knows how long.. I got someone down for me as much as I am down for him.. And coincidently, its the guy I approached :D hopefully he don't break my heart.. And if he does, I'm thru with relationships.. I hate it when I have to put every effort and sacrifices into a relationship and for it not work is always a ? and I don't like rejections so go figure.
  • shadb33
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yessir.. Finally after being single for ? who knows how long.. I got someone down for me as much as I am down for him.. And coincidently, its the guy I approached :D hopefully he don't break my heart.. And if he does, I'm thru with relationships.. I hate it when I have to put every effort and sacrifices into a relationship and for it not work is always a ? and I don't like rejections so go figure.

dont say u done with relationships if it doesn't work out...u got alotta years ahead of u...enjoy what u got now tho
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To me Its appropriate and I fully endorse and expect woman to approach me whenever im outside

Its shows a lot about her and its funny cuz females be awkward and kinda shook when they do it now they can see what males go through
  • Tupacfan
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    dont say u done with relationships if it doesn't work out...u got alotta years ahead of u...enjoy what u got now tho

thank you! I'm definitely enjoying being somebodys girlfriend.. A guy ain't never buy me flowers in hella hella years or a nice teddy bear, or wrote me poetry, so for someone to just sweep me off my feet like that its a beautiful feeling.. and as the day grows, our relationship grows stronger..

I only been in 2 relationships, my first love he passed away and that was hard! My second relationship was horrible, mad horrible.. And after that relationship I gave nearly 4 years of space for myself and focused elsewhere, no dating, no intimate relationship for nearly 4 years, really gave me a perspective of what kind a guy I want, and because I know what I want I approached dude and since then its been lovely..

Changes can do you wonder's, I say so from experience..
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Women dont really approach dudes a lot, I've seen a lot of GIRLS do it, but WOMEN don't approach men. Truth be told, in all my life I've never approached a woman really, so if a woman was to talk to me, she would have to approach me.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Women dont really approach dudes a lot, I've seen a lot of GIRLS do it, but WOMEN don't approach men. Truth be told, in all my life I've never approached a woman really, so if a woman was to talk to me, she would have to approach me.

So how u bag em then?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I had a few girls approach me and ask for my number or too go out on a date. I don't mind that ? at all makes my job more easier.

Sometimes a ? get tired of approaching females. So a girl approaching me gets props.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm fairly shy so I might think about it but not do it tbh
  • Tupacfan
    edited December 2010
    Options

I am a women and I have approached a guy.. So you can't say women never never approached a guy..

Girls nowdays do approach guy's but I'm not sure if its just outta of peer pressure from friends or sincerly..
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So how u bag em then?

Mostly I get approached. The situation with my "current/ex" girl is kinda of complicated to describe how we met. It wasnt really an approac type thing. But before that, mostly girls come up to me. I mean, or back in the day, my ? would holla at a group of chicks and I would play the background and usually wind up getting the chick I wanted to talk to. I dont really understand it. I mean, some women approach men, or give subtle hints that they want to holla at you like start a random convo or approach just to ask for things like the time(when they holding a cell phone or got on a watch). I dont know. I've never thought about approaching a female because I'm not into chasing females really. I would rather them come to me. That's just how I feel
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mostly I get approached. The situation with my "current/ex" girl is kinda of complicated to describe how we met. It wasnt really an approac type thing. But before that, mostly girls come up to me. I mean, or back in the day, my ? would holla at a group of chicks and I would play the background and usually wind up getting the chick I wanted to talk to. I dont really understand it. I mean, some women approach men, or give subtle hints that they want to holla at you like start a random convo or approach just to ask for things like the time(when they holding a cell phone or got on a watch). I dont know. I've never thought about approaching a female because I'm not into chasing females really. I would rather them come to me. That's just how I feel

Iiight I can feel this for the simple fact my aura is contagious and I've had chicks holla at me

But If I see one im feelin I gotta approach em,9 times outta 10 I get the # but I understand what u sayin.? gotta make the moves most females give signs but rarely just approach a ?

Some cats aint aggressive like that I pick my spots but overall I chill compared to my ? who approach/stare at every chick walkin past
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Iiight I can feel this for the simple fact my aura is contagious and I've had chicks holla at me

But If I see one im feelin I gotta approach em,9 times outta 10 I get the # but I understand what u sayin.? gotta make the moves most females give signs but rarely just approach a ?

Some cats aint aggressive like that I pick my spots but overall I chill compared to my ? who approach/stare at every chick walkin past

I dont know about a contagious aura, but it is very telling that girls were more willing to approach dudes during the younger years than when they get older. Some women still approach(older women), but I notice I get a lot of glances and women looking at me for long periods of time. I usually ignore them. I think the worst thing for a woman though is to be turned down. I've turned down a lot of females over the last 6 years. It's become second nature I guess. Before though, it was a lot of times were I would talk to a girl in school. When you in school, things were easier as far as meeting people. Going out to the malls and hollering at chicks with ya ? is a little tougher cause you really never know what the girl is going to do... I would probably just wait for a sign, more than likely instead of just running up on a chick like "yo shorty, what's your name"
  • muffdizzle
    muffdizzle Members Posts: 253
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I approve. If you see something you want, you go get it. Don't just sit around and hope it comes to you.
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont do that. Not my thing.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ive had it happen atleast 4 or 5 times...I have no problem with it...let the pressure be on them for a change....men like to feel wanted too...
  • TeekasaurusRex
    TeekasaurusRex Members Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thanks everybody for your answers
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options

LOL. I was just in another thread where the topic was on women making it a priority to be in a commited relationship. After A LONG discussion/debate with my girl about this, she actually told me that, like herself, most women are actually miserable if they're not in some kind of committed relationship, and that most women are ALWAYS on the lookout for a potential long-term mate. It baffles me to say the least. Like myself, most men are just as happy, if not more, to be single as they are in a committed relationship. I told her, it's not JUST about being able to "bag" as many women as possible, although for a large majority of guys, especially younger men, that's usually the case.

Sometimes, men AND women just want to be able to do what they want, when they want, how they want, and with whomever they want to do it with, WITHOUT be held accountable to a s/o. For a lot of people these days, NOT having to be held accountable to any s/o, appeals to them MORE than being in a long-term relationship does.