Friends with an Ex

Options
juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited December 2010 in The Powder Room
Im not friends with any of my exs because that ? is ? stupid! and if you are your stupid! Real dudes know how to take a L and keep it moving but you females always want to stay friends and ? ! why? Yall females are ? ! like beyond all that ? you put us through, you try to make us deal with you ex- trying to be in the picture as a friend! get the ? out of here with that! and when we say anything about it, you say " dont be jealouse of him, we are just friends now, blah blah blah"

This is my official ? YOU to those females that ? around with guys and have their exs in the picture

IC females you couldnt give me 1 good reason why good to remain friends with an ex? unless you have kid with your ex but thats different

Comments

• Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    Im not friends with any of my exs because that ? is ? stupid! and if you are your stupid! Real dudes know how to take a L and keep it moving but you females always want to stay friends and ? ! why? Yall females are ? ! like beyond all that ? you put us through, you try to make us deal with you ex- trying to be in the picture as a friend! get the ? out of here with that! and when we say anything about it, you say " dont be jealouse of him, we are just friends now, blah blah blah"

This is my official ? YOU to those females that ? around with guys and have their exs in the picture
    IC females you couldnt give me 1 good reason why good to remain friends with an ex? unless you have kid with your ex but thats different

^^^Real Talk^^^ And they're the FIRST ones to hate on the new chick when you get one...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    maybe they were friends long before they started dating and managed to maintain a friendship after they broke up...not every break up is on some dramatic "I never wanna see you again" type of ? ...sometimes people just decide to not be together anymore without hating each other
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    maybe they were friends long before they started dating and managed to maintain a friendship after they broke up...not every break up is on some dramatic "I never wanna see you again" type of ? ...sometimes people just decide to not be together anymore without hating each other

I don't necessarily believe that a couple of exes that no longer communicate must loathe each other.
    Even break ups that end well don't always lead to continuing friendships.
    The only past love interest I still associated with afterward is one man who had been around for 3-4 years prior to even becoming romantically involved.
    My ex prior to him wants me back so he could never be my "friend."
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Eh, I'm friends/friendly with some of my exes.
    We just realized we were better at that than in a relationship.
    It doesn't mean I still want to be with them or vice versa.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Me and my last ex, we can never never never ever ever be friends.. ? that! We can't tolerate each other.. But we put our differences aside for our child and be civil with each other..but lately he's been buggin out.. And I'm not tryna deal with his ? self right now.. We can never be friends though. I made that very clear to him too.. altho he tries, but that ain't happening.. He's a destructive person and will do anything to try and put me down.. that's not happening..nope..
  • KarolinaSouftoLACali
    KarolinaSouftoLACali Members Posts: 864
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^^^Real Talk^^^ And they're the FIRST ones to hate on the new chick when you get one...
    ^^^real ?

if ur single u can still be friends wit ur ex....but once u find a new chick that jealousy gonna start to kick in.....i was friends wit my ex (she still in SC) and wen she found out i had a new chick she was like ? me....but im like ? u gotta baby and i wasnt trippin

once u give dem the proper pipe you cant be just friends
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm friends with exes, but I will acknowledge their existence if I run into them.
  • juice86
    edited December 2010
    Options

Dude you must be smoking on rocks!
  • juice86
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm friends with exes, but I will acknowledge their existence if I run into them.

Dont even do that! there is a reason why i got tints on my car, dont acknowledge their existence at all. As soon as you do they feel like they win something, I had an ex show up to a bbq i was having and she flipped her lid cause i didnt invite her, i was out getting some ice my boys made her leave
  • juice86
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    Me and my last ex, we can never never never ever ever be friends.. ? that! We can't tolerate each other.. But we put our differences aside for our child and be civil with each other..but lately he's been buggin out.. And I'm not tryna deal with his ? self right now.. We can never be friends though. I made that very clear to him too.. altho he tries, but that ain't happening.. He's a destructive person and will do anything to try and put me down.. that's not happening..nope..

Dead on target! They hang around and stay trying to get at you like that, which only make you more ? off with them. In your case you have to deal with dudes ? for the kid
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Like somebody said earlier, there's a difference between being friendly with an ex and being friends. Being friendly, in my opinion, simply acknowledging each other if/when we run into one another at the mall or elsewhere. I'm all for that. But as far as remaining friends, I just don't see the benefit in that. To me, remaining friends means, calling/texting each other often, hanging out; whether it be with mutual friends or one on one situations, etc...

There has to be a line drawn somewhere after a break-up regarding some form of continuing communication after a break-up, excluding of course, the situations where children are involved. Now, unless we were friends long before we became an item, there's no point in dealing with each other on a friendship level because eventually, someone will move on and find someone else before the other does, and that person's romantic feelings will return.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ehhh...I only remain friends with them if we're still having sex.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ehhh...I only remain friends with them if we're still having sex.

haha^^^^^^^^^real ?
  • Tupacfan
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    Dead on target! They hang around and stay trying to get at you like that, which only make you more ? off with them. In your case you have to deal with dudes ? for the kid

Yea it's crazy, especially if dude has major issues already. I just keep my distant as far as I can and not be fooled by him. He like to play mind games and thinks he's always right. It's even hard to just have a conversation for him, I tell him the only thing were talking about is our child, other than that don't question me.. To my surprise we been communicating like this for the past, ? , almost 4 years smh. It goes from okay to bad, to worst, to okay, back to bad and to worst.. his attitude never ceases.
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pacfan polamalu, how you?
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

That's all good, but there comes a point when you will have to be real with your situation and ask yourself, "Am I really friends with my ex because I can honestly look at this person as a genuine good friend? Or are we still cool because we used to ? and we don't know how to leave each other alone and not have it seem awkward??"
  • Tupacfan
    edited December 2010
    Options
    -JB- wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pacfan polamalu, how you?

I'm great! you?
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm alway's good if i rise from my sleep, i can't complain everything else is ir-relevant
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    smdh...if yall aint speakin the truth in here then I dont kno who is...but anyway, like another poster said...what is the ? point of being friends with your ex?
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for calling my stupid LOL Whatever. Man you losing out. Some of the best ? I ever got was hooked up from ex girlfriends hooking me up with one of their girls after we broke up. No need in burning bridges. If it didn't work out, then it just didn't. We were mature enough to continue having a cool friendship and eventually her hooking me up with her girls. Your ex girl's friends got the best ? ! You know because you were always fantsaizing about ? her girl the whole time you was with her anyway. Step your game up
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm friends with each and every one of my exes and I value them as such. They're good peoples.
  • Arizona Ron
    Arizona Ron Members Posts: 20
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm cool with all my exes, even the ones that I ? on
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i'm cool with 2 of my exes...1 of them came to visit me in dc and stayed at the crib too
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I use to feel the same way. I was thinking ... "why in the hell would I want to be your friend?,GTFOH"

When I break up with a chick... I disappear.. its just easier that way.

Well now I'm sorta friends with one of my ex's after 2 years of not talking to her. She's been texting me and its actually not that bad. Its actually easier to talk to her to be honest. I don't have the same strong feelings for her that I once had, Im not mad at her, but, I actually have no desire to be with her...

And thats what makes it easy for me to be her friend now.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ex's like to pop up when they are ? and have no other options, or your a pretty good option by yourself. I am great friends with one of my ex's and have a love hate relationship with another.

Its definitely possible to get along with ex's yall just have to be mature and know when things are going some place yall cant handle. Generally, unless they were extremely good friends as a mate, there should be no reason to keep em around, they just complicate things.