Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory appreciation thread...

Options

Comments

• AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yo HT is a GOAT cd man. I remember when this ? came out when I was in 10th grade. ? made me want to go bash somebody's face in. LP one of the very few bands I listen to.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Linkin Park >>>>> The Roots
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the ? is sir? explain to me.

i wouldnt say they completely changed their identity and lost their fanbase, they just tried to expand by incorporating more traditional rock characteristics and unfortunately it dropped the quality of their songs...

if they did what they dis strictly to become more popular, that'd be selling out, but they did this cuz they felt they were outgrowing nu metal...

id say metallica doin wat they did in the 90's is a lil more closer to selling out that linkin park..
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt say they completely changed their identity and lost their fanbase, they just tried to expand by incorporating more traditional rock characteristics and unfortunately it dropped the quality of their songs...

if they did what they dis strictly to become more popular, that'd be selling out, but they did this cuz they felt they were outgrowing nu metal...

id say metallica doin wat they did in the 90's is a lil more closer to selling out that linkin park..

traditional rock? you call doing corny ass poppy electro/sythesiser music traditional rock? well them trying to "expand" their fan base just alienated a large portion of their original fans. pure and simple, if you dont agree with that then we are just gonna have to disagree because I am a part of their original fanbase and they lost me. I cant ? with they new ? at all except for New Divide and that single they put out for the last album which was just ok, other than that I aint been able to ? with them since Meteora.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is the album that put me on to rock/alternative music....*daps t/s*
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the ? is sir? explain to me.

Linkin Park have no loyalty to anyone at the end of the day. I enjoy the older Linkin Park instead of their new music. Actually I wasn't feeling their stuff since Minutes to Midnight. I mean some bands like to branch out and try new ideas whether their fans like it or not. They shouldn't have to do the same "Hybrid Theory" album if they're ready to move on. If I'm not mistaken when they were making Minutes to Midnight, Mike Shinoda said that it wasn't gong to be another Hybrid Theory III.

Just because Linkin Park want to make sounds that are totally different from what made them famous; I don't see how that make them sellouts? They can't please everyone and shouldn't have to keep making music that they aren't feeling anymore or have no desire to do.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited December 2010
    Options
    traditional rock? you call doing corny ass poppy electro/sythesiser music traditional rock? well them trying to "expand" their fan base just alienated a large portion of their original fans. pure and simple, if you dont agree with that then we are just gonna have to disagree because I am a part of their original fanbase and they lost me. I cant ? with they new ? at all except for New Divide and that single they put out for the last album which was just ok, other than that I aint been able to ? with them since Meteora.

i guess so, i can understand them wanting to change their sound but i just cant call it selling out, i do wish they didnt tho..
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited December 2010
    Options
    good thread, hybrid theory was my ? for a good year lol
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    from this thread i guess it wasnt just me but alot of ? ? wit HT i never even listened to rock b4 this CD and i liked every song on that cd.

unfortunately i never listened to them again or the genre, the last time i saw a vid they were on some u2 ? ....oh well HT iz a classic!
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    GOAT rock album
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea their first 2 albums are dope. not really feeling their newest ? now.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bump, cuz i was listening to it...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    respect, Hybrid Theory and Meteroa were great
  • Pun1sher
    Pun1sher Members Posts: 424
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Only White people listen to that ? .
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2011
    Options
    typical ? response.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    typical ? response.

pshht ...if you ignore him, he'll go away
  • Pun1sher
    Pun1sher Members Posts: 424
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pshht ...if you ignore him, he'll go away

Eh, Grip knows I will NEVER go away. And even if he does ignore me, I'll still be his worst nightmare, dragging him all up and down the IC like I used to do.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pun1sher wrote: »
    Eh, Grip knows I will NEVER go away. And even if he does ignore me, I'll still be his worst nightmare, dragging him all up and down the IC like I used to do.

lol @ this fabricated troll attempt

boring friday for u too huh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bump for the 12 year anniversary
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    2001 great year in rock... Staind, Linkin park... ? fell off
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Punisher gotta be one of the WOAT posters. A Mariah Carey stan...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    2001 great year in rock... Staind, Linkin park... ? fell off
    yea it did, you can find gems if u search tho
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I just saw them a few months ago and they still got that live performance on lock. Their new album is also pretty good compared to the last 2 albums.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album was the ? , Meteora too.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT rock album

Oh dear ? .