Ok you hear a lot about the problems between whites and blacks on here but

Options
ShadyTeam
ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What can be solutions to bringing complete unity and love between whites and blacks? or do people feel for the most part there is more unity and love but things get exagerated on the internet

I personally feel people have to understand there is no such thing as acting black or acting white it is not possible to act a colour i think each invidual is different no matter their backround

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is no viable solution.

The only solution that has consistently worked is there are more minority babies being born over time than white ones.

Other than that there is really no hope what-so-ever for us to ever get along or fix any "problems"

So I guess the answer is patience.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    true... but when you're trying to catch up to a nearly 500 year headstart with advantages, no matter how much things start to improve, there is still going to be resentment
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    There is no viable solution.
    i think someone is forgetting "shared hatred of another ethnic group"
  • kingjust627
    kingjust627 Members Posts: 47
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    There's only one hope. Racemixing! It's the only way.
    So everyone go ? a racist.
    The most dangerous movement in America was the hippie movement because all they did was get high and ? , no matter the race. That's why aids was invented.
    If that movement would have took over the globe we would be living very different from the way we do know.

Interesting perspective...
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    children of color will outnumber white children in the near future so white people's best bet is to make sure these kids have the best resources and opportunities..it will be quite beneficial for their children as well and the economic future of America..but right now...problems will always be here til racial parity is met..racial progress is not the same as racial equality...there is still white privilege in America and until this is ended race will always be an issue
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No. Ignoring race isn't gonna make racial problems magically disappear.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There aren't nearly as many problems between the races in everyday life as you might think there are after being here. That's not to say that there are still major problems because there are, but let the IC tell it, blacks are still running from lynchings everyday down south.

Not really much you can do about it though. Some of the racial issues are societal and cultural. However, others stem from man's tendancy to hate things that are different. In 200 years, there will be nothing but mud people in America. Racism won't exist in the country then.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It starts with the children. We need an apocalypse to cleanse the spirit of humanity right now because we're in too deep. No one on this earth wants to make sacrifices for the greater good. Ultimately, I think it's possible for humanity to be free of race, just not when the seed of racism is continuously implanted into the minds of our ever growing children. In other words, as long as the world is and operates the way it currently does, I don't see it possible for racism to just go away.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »

About 6 years about this white guy called me Niggger so I called him Niggger back and he just stood there staring at me. He was speechless. I started laughing. He then ask me what my last name was. I just walked off laughing.
    That ? ? him up cause it didn't ? work!

Two white guys calling each other nlgger? That's a first.

oh-snap.gif
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    It starts with the children. We need an apocalypse to cleanse the spirit of humanity right now because we're in too deep. No one on this earth wants to make sacrifices for the greater good. Ultimately, I think it's possible for humanity to be free of race, just not when the seed of racism is continuously implanted into the minds of our ever growing children. In other words, as long as the world is and operates the way it currently does, I don't see it possible for racism to just go away.

Concept of the "greater good" is a matter of perspective.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Concept of the "greater good" is a matter of perspective.

Greater cosmic good is not a perspective. it's just the way it is. It's like saying water is only good for us because we decided it to be. How is death and destruction good for a species who's basic nature is self preservation? Are people being serious with these comments?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote:
    We need an apocalypse
    How is death and destruction good for a species who's basic nature is self preservation?

:cool:..................
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    :cool:..................

We need a cleansing, not an extinction. Who says an apocalyptic event means killing people? IF we can have an event that shapes the entire world for a greater good for humanity, then that would be for self preservation as a species... not necessarily an individual.

The way humanity as whole or at least a majority is living is bringing humans closer and closer to 100% extinction. We're literally exhausting and destroying the living conditions we need as a species here on earth for individual gain... and humanity as a whole does not survive by people being selfish. Humanity survives by being a family, by helping each other and working as a group. Working together. IF a bunch of bad seeds have to be "cured" through an apacalypse, that's only because they're contributing to the virus that is ultimately leading humanity into self destruction.

I can see how my two posts would seem like they contradict each other, to a simple minded person... but on the real whole scale,they're perfectly in sync. Gotta see the big picture, not just the corner piece of the puzzle.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Greater cosmic good is not a perspective. it's just the way it is. It's like saying water is only good for us because we decided it to be. How is death and destruction good for a species who's basic nature is self preservation? Are people being serious with these comments?

Are you being serious with those comments? Did I say any of that extra stuff you said?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I thought when Obama was elected we were in the post racial era......

Acceptance and Understanding..

Thats never happened so.... we can continue to foster some frivolous relationships and ignore race..
    :rolleyes:
  • playmaker88
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Blakk hoes need ta ge' up on dis cracka dikkk

an dem bunnys need ta keep on fuggin da bruvas

den we all b 1 peeple unda gawd 'n mix'd

that sounds like a whole lotta posters ....
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Are you being serious with those comments? Did I say any of that extra stuff you said?

I dunno, did you?
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I thought when Obama was elected we were in the post racial era......

Acceptance and Understanding..

Thats never happened so.... we can continue to foster some frivolous relationships and ignore race..
    :rolleyes:

lol no....

We been knowing why any black man would become president to this white supremacist nation.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Who says an apocalyptic event means killing people?

Who says a sandwich involves bread?
  • playmaker88
    edited December 2010
    Options

Im just sayin...

kfc_double-down_ad.jpg
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options

You can make a sandwich easily without bread. Anything between two other things could be described as a sandwich.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Let's argue about the semantics of sandwiches.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hmm, the sandwich is typically used in reference to two ? and one white girl or two plump pieces of bread surrounding meat... pause
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Racial cleansing won't do anything because society will just find another way to divide against one another. It's an endless cycle of class, age, geography, ideals, etc.

Seperatism and/or global warefare is the only solution.