Who goes first?

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
There's no good men or women anymore, or if there is the percentage is pretty low because they appear to be fairly scarce. Who does it start with, males or females?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To being the good man or the good women, which gender should get the ball rolling?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It always start with the man.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It always start with the man.
    Why the man? How would he start the process?
    ether-i-am wrote: »

Christians I'm sorry for the Jesus blow up doll thread.

Thank you for being the better man Ether lol
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It shouldn't matter who goes first if the purpose is in the spirit of goodness...unless someone is looking to get credit for it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter who goes first if the purpose is in the spirit of goodness...unless someone is looking to get credit for it.

It doesn't matter who goes first, but someone has to.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It doesn't matter who goes first, but someone has to.

Yeah, someone has to. But at what cost? Nowadays, no one likes a "goodie two shoes". Appear to look too good may have you under a scope by those who envy your goodness.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Yeah, someone has to. But at what cost? Nowadays, no one likes a "goodie two shoes". Appear to look too good may have you under a scope by those who envy your goodness.

Hmmm not much has changed then with humanity.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There's no good men or women anymore, or if there is the percentage is pretty low because they appear to be fairly scarce. Who does it start with, males or females?

Depends....
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Definitely the female. The female directs the flow of life because she has what the male exists for.... ? . Look outside, dudes be acting like retards, oppressing people... for what? money and power... for what? ? . If a female would give it up for a dude living in a card board box... the world would instantly change it's tune.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Definitely the female. The female directs the flow of life because she has what the male exists for.... ? . Look outside, dudes be acting like retards, oppressing people... for what? money and power... for what? ? . If a female would give it up for a dude living in a card board box... the world would instantly change it's tune.

I agree it should be the female, though I'm having a difficult time figuring out why, and not just cuz she has a ? .
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree it should be the female, though I'm having a difficult time figuring out why, and not just cuz she has a ? .

lol I know it sounds piggish... but it's seriously basic human nature... not just human but animal too. The ? is what the male lives for, especially instinctively. The female decides when she gives it up, unless the male decides to ? her, which would destroy the very soul of the human family if man had to ? women to try and keep humanity alive, humanity would end up destroying itself and go extinct.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »

This is why I say it depends, but sex isn't all it is.

A woman can bring happiness to a man by cooking, cleaning, being affectionate, being caring (in a non-sexual way). She can boost his self-esteem for himself, his career or friends. She can bring him support and self-respect as well.

BUT a man can also bring happiness to a woman in the same ways. Or vise versa for homosexuals.

That's why it depends, I don't think it's who goes first though. Woman can't all do it and men can't either.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

That's why it depends, I don't think it's who goes first though. Woman can't all do it and men can't either.
    No either one can't do it all, both would have to, but one of them has to make the first step. And where to start?
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    This is why I say it depends, but sex isn't all it is.

A woman can bring happiness to a man by cooking, cleaning, being affectionate, being caring (in a non-sexual way). She can boost his self-esteem for himself, his career or friends. She can bring him support and self-respect as well.

BUT a man can also bring happiness to a woman in the same ways. Or vise versa for homosexuals.

Well in all those aspects, it determines which mates are compatible with each other. I believe it should be an equal decision, but only the female can be used to control the flow of humanity. not the other way around. Take the adam and eve story for example. It would have been alot hard for Adam to convince eve to take the fruit....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why not both men and women step up? Equally?

Historically though, men start the most movements, so I guess the ball realistically would start with men, but women shouldn't be afraid to step their game up either.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

repeat the question?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why not both men and women step up? Equally?

Historically though, men start the most movements, so I guess the ball realistically would start with men, but women shouldn't be afraid to step their game up either.
    I think some females think if they step up their game, they won't get any game.
    repeat the question?

Read through the thread.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How do we go about getting more better men and women in our world?
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How do we go about getting more better men and women in our world?

Responsibility. Taking responsibility for your actions is a lost thing of today's society.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Responsibility. Taking responsibility for your actions is a lost thing of today's society.

I agree, but should promote better-ness in movies, tv shows, music, art... stuff like that?
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree, but should promote better-ness in movies, tv shows, music, art... stuff like that?

As in superiority? no but equality yes..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As in superiority?

no but equality yes..

Not as in superiority no, as in showing more virtuous men and women in movies and music etc.

People don't want to be equal, the beginning of equality is when we all get to the lowest of lows and then grow better together.Imo, society isn't a point yet where everyone is forced universally to hit rock bottom and admit there is a problem.
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not as in superiority no, as in showing more virtuous men and women in movies and music etc.

People don't want to be equal, the beginning of equality is when we all get to the lowest of lows and then grow better together.Imo, society isn't a point yet where everyone is forced universally to hit rock bottom and admit there is a problem.

Imo though I think equality is impossible. You can have equal opportunities, as in no one should be restricted from studying what they want or applying for jobs but it should not be expected there will be equality of outcomes. The desire for equality of outcomes is leading to totalitarianism and a loss of liberty and freedom.

I too, want to a see a equality world, but as the path the world is going in, It will never happen..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The desire for equality of outcomes is leading to totalitarianism and a loss of liberty and freedom.
    I don't understand why that would be?
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't understand why that would be?

I said that because you going to have those who will go against it.(Greed,? and deception type of people, people that want to control others will power)