GOW's Kratos confirmed for Mortal Kombat (PS3 Exclusive)

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
Looks like HipHopGamer actually does have some insider knowledge after all. I remember him talking about this MONTHS ago.

http://stickskills.com/news/1360/kratos-to-star-in-upcoming-mortal-kombat/

KRATOS TO STAR IN UPCOMING MORTAL KOMBAT
Looks like there will be a little ? of War in your Mortal Kombat next year. Check after the break for details on the upcoming exclusive deal for the Playstation 3.

Mortal Kombat has seen quite a few changes, mishaps, and styles over the long history of the franchise. After a not so well received Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe hit the market, Ed Boon and the Mortal Kombat franchise are looking to rebound with an exclusive character on at least one of the consoles.

Thanks to the January issue of the Official Playstation Magazine, we've learned just who that character is. When Mortal Kombat drops next year in March, Playstation 3 owners will be able to use an exclusive character none other than Kratos himself from the ? of War series. Not only will Kratos be featured in the game, he'll have his own fatalities, combat moves, and his very own ? of War themed combat arena.

KratosMKstory.jpg

While Kratos will be featured in the game, he won't be a playable character in the story mode. We're rather happy to see Kratos make his entry into the Mortal Kombat series, as he's known as one of the more iconic members of the Playstation 3 family and he loves violence.

Earlier in the year, around the time of E3, the idea was sparked by the HipHopGamerShow that Kratos would be making his way into the Mortal Kombat series. A few months later, and we finally have the official proof off the addition of of Kratos in the iconic series.

The January issue of the Official Playstation Magazine will go on sale later this week, be sure to pick it up to catch all of the details on Kratos and more.

Comments

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    watch da fagbots beg for Marcus Fenix in their version now LMAO
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    or richard simmons lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    SICK!!!!!

it already was a day 1 cop for me.....but damn, kratos in this ? lol!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    damn, didnt expect it to really happen
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Jamel how is it flame bait you lil ? , always hatin' like a female that I ? and never called back hahaha

@E2S LMAO..... dat ? finishing move would be deadly

this reminds me of the time PS3 got the EXCLUSIVE playable Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum. I mean 360 users were upset.... disappointed... hurt feelings. I dont blame them. Joker is one of the best characters of all time in any comic/movie/game/anything. And they were deprived of playing as him. Now the same thing happens with Kratos.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt expect a ps3 character to be on the 360 version...........i dont exactly know how missing one person = being cockslapped lol.....but if i do get it i will get it on ps3 then....thanks for the info
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt expect a ps3 character to be on the 360 version...........i dont exactly know how missing one person = being cockslapped lol.....

This would be like getting a Street Fighter game and not bieng able to play as Ryu.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This would be like getting a Street Fighter game and not bieng able to play as Ryu.

not really.....ryu is an original character and one of the best in the game....this is just a bonus character
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not really.....ryu is an original character and one of the best in the game....this is just a bonus character

WRONG.

He's a full character in MK. Full move set, own stage, own fatalities, etc etc.

Sure Ryu is an original character but he's also one of the most popular. Just like Kratos will be on the Ps3 version.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited December 2010
    Options
    WRONG.

He's a full character in MK. Full move set, own stage, own fatalities, etc etc.

Sure Ryu is an original character but he's also one of the most popular. Just like Kratos will be on the Ps3 version.

i meant original to the franchise
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MK is probably the worst fighting game out.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    xbox fans you just got cockslap'd again

You the only one here still on that fanboy ? ...

You've made fanboy-ism even more uncool then it was before... But I guess in your world, where people have all of their Pre-order collectibles sitting over their tv's and on display in bookcases, you would be the leader of that pack huh?

LOL @ you instant-replying again. This ? LIVES on the Arcade just waiting for me to reply. Reminds me of my dog when I get home from work always waiting at the stairs for me. I am the center of you universe arent I? I know you probably woozy off that medication you have to take, but go mow your lawn or do something productive you lazy ? .

i meant original to the franchise

ah I see.... okay well then its like buying Street Fighter and not getting Akuma.

Same difference. Either way the xbox is being deprived of a bad as character that will be very popular. This would be like getting Black Ops and the AK74u and Famas are only usable on one system.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess I don't understand how this is an "L" for 360 owners?

Anyone who cares enough to want to play as Kratos that badly would already own a PS3 anyway...thus making his addition to Mortal Kombat irrelevent to those who do not.

Basically, the same 360 owners who don't care enough about ? of War to buy a PS3, also don't care about his PS3 exclusivity in another game.

If this were like, a neutral character...that would be different.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you were the one who came aftter me... unprovoked i might add... after 5 days... of nothingness...
    my response in thread which was 5 DAYS AGO was aimed at the kid that look like he kinda slow I can't remember his name right now...

so stop trying to say that i'm hounding you... you sought me out you keyboard warrior...

This thread wasnt even here 5 DAYS ago you stupid ? . That medication is really deluding your brain isnt it? ? ? .

and LOL@ you keeping track of my posts in the first place. Another Loss for Jamel.
    focus

I guess I don't understand how this is an "L" for 360 owners?

Anyone who cares enough to want to play as Kratos that badly would already own a PS3 anyway...thus making his addition to Mortal Kombat irrelevent to those who do not.

Basically, the same 360 owners who don't care enough about ? of War to buy a PS3, also don't care about his PS3 exclusivity in another game.

If this were like, a neutral character...that would be different.
    Not quite. The development time, the development money.... the game that a million 360 owners will spend money on is going towards developing a character ONLY playable on the Ps3 version. (i know some will burn it also but whatever). At the end of the day, someone can spend HOURS playing the MK version on 360 and never get to play as one of the most popular characters in the game.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wow... Not only are you a flaming homosexual who tells other men to suck your ? , but you are dumb as ? to boot...

and yet I've owned you everytime you've spoke up. You are my ? . I say jump, you ask how high. I post something you recognize as flame bait, you jump right into the fire. LMAO
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not quite. The development time, the development money.... the game that a million 360 owners will spend money on is going towards developing a character ONLY playable on the Ps3 version. (i know some will burn it also but whatever). At the end of the day, someone can spend HOURS playing the MK version on 360 and never get to play as one of the most popular characters in the game.

Other than Kratos its the exact same games on both systems. Its also likely the 360 will get its own exclusive character also, but even if it didn't...who cares? This is a character that has always only appeared on PS3...appearing only on PS3...again.

Would you care if the 360 version announced Marcus Fenix as an exclusive? Would it make you want to go out and buy a 360 so that you could play as Marcus Fenix in Mortal Kombat...even though you never cared to play as him in Gears of War?

If this were like...360 gets Scorpion, PS3 gets Sub-Zero...that would be different. Or maybe 360 gets Freddy Kruger, PS3 get Jason Voorhees (Warner Bors. characters). But its not.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Other than Kratos its the exact same games on both systems. Its also likely the 360 will get its own exclusive character also,

LOL @ you hoping and wishing. Probably writing letters to Major Nelson asking him to suggest Marcus Fenix for the game.

Ford focus you are obviously used to low quality as evident by your grandma's hand-me-down couch and No name TV.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    and yet I've owned you everytime you've spoke up. You are my ? . I say jump, you ask how high. I post something you recognize as flame bait, you jump right into the fire. LMAO

@Jamel I posted in 2 threads in the "past 5 days" and coincidentally you couldnt resist replying to me in both of them. LOL! Like I said... you remind me of my dog. I come home from work and he's waiting at the stairs for me.

You are my ? . CONFIRMED!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2010
    Options