Exactly when is the SOUL created?

Options
toktaylor
toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Wikipedia: -
"A soul, in certain spiritual, philosophical, and psychological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a person or living thing.[1] Many philosophical and spiritual systems teach that humans are souls; some attribute souls to all living things and even to inanimate objects (such as rivers); this belief is commonly called animism.[2] The soul is often believed to exit the body and live on after a person’s death, and some religions posit that ? creates souls. The soul has often been deemed integral or essential to consciousness and personality, and soul sometimes functions as a synonym for spirit, mind or self,[3] although the soul is said to function in a distinct enough way from both the spirit and the psyche that the terms should not be treated interchangeably."

When exactly is your soul created (in the ? ...at birth..when you learn to talk?)..and if your soul is your soul, then who are you? (that owns the soul)

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its what makes the ? dance so well.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Its what makes the ? dance so well.

lol..............
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The soul was created, before ? allowed our Dads to ? into our mothers, and conceive our Earthly lives. Oh yes, the soul was created while we were still in Heaven, waiting for ? to send us to an earthly ? .

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the ? I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.

so the soul always existed..before we were born and will exist after we die. But is it define as YOU..there is no memory of existence b/4 or during birth, therefore WE (as for as we know) only exists after awareness and memory came into existence. That would suggest a separation between the SOUL and US. Are WE just the 'now', never existed b/4 birth and will never exist after?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The soul was created, before ? allowed our Dads to ? into our mothers, and conceive our Earthly lives. Oh yes, the soul was created while we were still in Heaven, waiting for ? to send us to an earthly ? .

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the ? I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.

WTF does this have to do with us? IT was about Jeremiah, not me or you. He was PREDESTINED, so how can you attribute this to us? Also, you left out the last sentence in that verse....
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited December 2010
    Options
    according to scripture, the body & soul are one in the same.... when we have the breath of life (spirit) in us we are living souls/bodies, whenever that spirit (breath of life) is taken away we become dead souls/bodies.... Nothing other than the breath of life is in us now. the gentiles (europeans) false doctrine has made many ppl believe we are made up of three parts, which isn't the case.

Genesis 2:7
    And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Corinthians 15:45
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Job 27:3
    All the while my BREATH IS IN ME, and the SPIRIT of ? is in my NOSTRILS

This is the same breath of life spoken of in Genesis which make us living souls
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    according to scripture, the body & soul are one in the same.... when we have the breath of life (spirit) in us we are living souls/bodies, whenever that spirit (breath of life) is taken away we become dead souls/bodies.... Nothing other than the breath of life is in us now. the gentiles (europeans) false doctrine has made many ppl believe we are made up of three parts, which isn't the case.

Genesis 2:7
    And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Corinthians 15:45
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Job 27:3
    All the while my BREATH IS IN ME, and the SPIRIT of ? is in my NOSTRILS

This is the same breath of life spoken of in Genesis which make us living souls

Therefore the spirit (which comes from ? ) is just another name for the soul, this spirit is used to animate the body and when it is removed the body dies. The spirit then returns to ? from whence it came, having no individual thought or memeory. So YOU are just your body, mind, memory and thought and nothing else. As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end..you never existed before and you wont exist after. Is this the general consenus...?
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree, kind of. Because the soul is us, always...as Jeremiah 1:5 alludes to. Now the body is us, temporarily. Yep. It's merely a temporary shell ? gave us for enjoying 75-80 years on Earth...whereas, the soul is eternal the soul is forever, the soul will infinitely live on in Heaven.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is generally what "Israelites" is saying, it would suggest that the sprit/soul is a part of ? , ans is really not the concious/aware YOU, the concious/aware YOU can only exist when it is activated by the soul/spirit. SO when you die, you really die, however i am still not clear on what is suppose to happen at resurrection, where will the memory, mind and thoughts be stored., given that your brain and the rest of your body will decay. How will YOU be YOU again, with a new body and brain. As i am typing this i think the answer is coming to me...these information will be stored in your DNA which can be retrieved from a strand of hair or a bone fragment or such parts that the ? choses to preserve...There it is then..the verdict is in!
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    Therefore the spirit (which comes from ? ) is just another name for the soul, this spirit is used to animate the body and when it is removed the body dies. The spirit then returns to ? from whence it came, having no individual thought or memeory. So YOU are just your body, mind, memory and thought and nothing else. As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end..you never existed before and you wont exist after. Is this the general consenus...?

Exactly bro.up til your last statement, once we are dead we will know nothing, "the dead knows nothing at this point"... as far as your last statement, after death we will exist again according to scripture once the ressurection takes place at its appointed time, ALL will be resurrected & given a spiritual body & after judgement day we will know where our spirit will dwell, either on the great side of the Father's Kingdom or the least side of the Kingdom
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is no reason to think that souls exist.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sir, please do not remark at any of my postings. You are ineligible to discuss anything with me. You lack couth, and you're too facetious to elevate to my thought processes.

I stay on topic, and discuss what's at hand. Why do you dismiss what I said? I haven't dissed you. That verse has NOTHING to do with the soul. What Isrealites posted did, he posted a BETTER example or verse in which it TALKS ABOUT the soul.

Please, do as you always say, STAY ON TOPIC.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well some would say after the big bang but before the earth formed.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the soul is simply your aspect.... your nature. It's not some aparition that goes to another fantasy world like heaven when you die... or haunts houses... >.> It's just simply your essence.... what makes you you.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Even though there's no simple definition -
    soul - your life
    spirit - who you are
    body - your physical body

"For the word of ? is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) <
    the two Greek words that were translated into the English word 'soul' & 'spirit' in this verse are different. If they meant literally the same thing, then the point of saying 'soul AND spirit' in the verse would be meaningless.

"Now may the ? of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. "(1 Thessalonians 5:23)
  • Rock_Well
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What Isrealites posted did, he posted a BETTER example or verse in which it TALKS ABOUT the soul.
    Paul told the Corithians: "For we are not bold to class or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves; but when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are without understanding." (2 Corinthians 10:12)
    and did it for a good reason
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    great post...

very timely, for rebuking Satan here

LOL

RAWR! I'm Satan, I will get you when you sleep you hypocritcal so-called Christian!

LOL good one.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree mostly what Israelites had said. Biblically speaking, a ‘soul’ simply means a ‘living being’. The ‘soul’ refers to the person, body or self. The ‘soul’ is ‘you’.

:: points finger::
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I see the "scc" are at it again, taking scripts out of context & using their own opinions as if they are facts.. lol...
    these "scc" need to get some understanding of what the other prophets & apostles said before they try & use Paul's writing...

2 Peter 3:16
    As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
  • kids in america_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, almost forgot… ‘Spirit’ is simply the life force within us.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes after reading your posts, I agree, this is unfortunately what you do. If you plan to successfully cease taking scripture, out of context, I suggest prayer before reading.

Maybe starting with this concept, will help:

C'mon bro, you are the worse, check the first page, what you said made no sense to no one but YOU.... but again, if you want to throw scripture out there, what spirit is going upward?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, As ? liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul; All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils; (Job 27:1-3)

And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; all flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust. (Job 34:14-15)

Genesis 6:17
    And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. (So who gone override what Thus saith the Lord?)

Job 33:4
    The spirit of ? hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

John 5:28-29

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
  • kids in america_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, As ? liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul; All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils; (Job 27:1-3)

And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; all flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust. (Job 34:14-15)

Genesis 6:17
    And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. (So who gone override what Thus saith the Lord?)

Job 33:4
    The spirit of ? hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

John 5:28-29

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Yep, yep. ‘Soul’ [living being] is the RESULT of uniting the ‘spirit’ [the life force] with the body. ‘? ’ made man of the dust of the ground [a physical body] and breathed His spirit [life force] into Adam, and then Adam BECAME A LIVING SOUL /BEING.

According to the (Gen. 2:7), man is made of two components --- a physical body and ‘spirit’.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yep, yep. ‘Soul’ [living being] is the RESULT of uniting the ‘spirit’ [the life force] with the body. ‘? ’ made man of the dust of the ground [physical body] and breathed His spirit [life force] into Adam, and then Adam BECAME A LIVING SOUL /BEING.

According to the (Gen. 2:7), man is made of two components --- body and ‘spirit’. Not three.

Exactly, & the scriptures define that spirit for us...
  • Rock_Well
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....and the decisions begin to be made....
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LOL

RAWR! I'm Satan, I will get you when you sleep you hypocritcal so-called Christian!

LOL good one.
    i doubt he's looking at you personally as being Satan.
    I agree mostly what Israelites had said. Biblically speaking, a ‘soul’ simply means a ‘living being’. The ‘soul’ refers to the person, body or self. The ‘soul’ is ‘you’.
    What is not being said is that the scriptures use the words 'spirit' and 'soul' in a variety of different ways. the immediate context defines how each word is being used in the particular verse. The two words aren't used literally the same way in every single verse, tho yes the meanings of both words do overlap sometimes.

now two different things being said in this thread...that in the Bible the 'soul' refers to the 'body' and it refers to a 'living being'. which one is it? How many times in scripture is the word 'soul' used to refer to a dead body? (don't answer that)
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I won't get into word trickery here, with you all.

I won't get into imperfect man's thesaurus with you, either, as *Spirit and Soul* mean something that has nothing to do, with the body.

So I forgive any one who has misconstrued me, differently, as I digress to my last post here:

its' not about "trickery" it's about understanding...

so does this mean you won't answer the question in regards to what spirit that goes upward?
    You said I speak out of context in regards to the scriptures, so please for the sake of edification, what is the spirit that goes upward?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You can find that answer in 1 Cor. 2:11, for starters, as it's the spirit alone that can know and discern the things of ? . Also, Luke 1:46-47

46 And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord,
    47 And my spirit has exulted in ? my Savior

Philippians 1:27... Only, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, that whether coming and seeing you or being absent, I may hear of the things concerning you, that you stand firm in one spirit, with one soul striving together along with the faith of the gospel...

or...1 Thessalonians 5:23
    And the ? of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of ? is living and operative and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

the scriptures you provided have nothing to do w/ the spirit spoken of in
    Ecclesiastes that you posted & you say I take the scriptures out of context....the answer was right in your face all this time, it's the "breath of life" that goes back to the Most High as our body turns back into dust when that "spirit" leaves our soul/body... that's the spirit spoken of in Eccelesiastes 3:21

this is all in context with what I & K.I.A has stated earlier from Genesis 2:7 & also with what job was talking about.. had you kept reading Ecclesiastes you would've found the answer, but seeming that you like to argue instead of trying to get understanding you just put out a bunch of scriptures about all kinds of spirits...(you do know theres one than one spirit right?,neva mind)

Ecclesiastes 3:21
    21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (King James Version)

7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto ? who gave it.

Zechariah 12
    1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version)

7And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.