Portrayal of the word (spirit) in the Holy Bible

Options
Israelites
Israelites Members Posts: 280
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
There are several spirits in the pages of the bible. When we run across this word we must be able to define it at each instance. Once a person begins to understand the different types of spirits , & how the word spirit is used, all the guessing games will be alleviated. By properly dividing the scriptures, we will cut down on all of the confusion of an individual's creative ability.
Let us begin in Genesis 1

1In the beginning ? created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of ? moved upon the face of the waters.

What did Moses mean by "the spirit of ? moved upon the face of the waters"?

Psalm 104:30
30Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

What spirits are sent forth that they may create? What spirit is sent forth by the LORD that renewed the face of the earth? As we get understanding of scripture we learn that the LORD operates thru HIS angels (both evil & holy angels), In Genesis the LORD sent forth HIS spirit or HIS angel to create & renew the face of the earth as it also stated in Psalm 104... But why would Moses write "the spirit of ? " instead of angel? Let's go back to Psalms 104

4Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

We see the angels are made of spirits..This is why Moses wrote spirit & not angel. So the definiton or the portrayal of the word spirit in Genesis 1:2 is simply the "angel"/spirit of ? . Let's look at another form of the word "spirit" & how it is used, now ask does this refer to an angel or something else?

Job 27:1-3
1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
2As ? liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils;

What does the spirit represent in this set of scriptures? is it an angel living in Job's nostrils? Notice what else was stated "the Almighty , who hath vexed my soul." The "soul" what is it? Common belief is that the soul is inside of man. Let's go back to the creation of man & find out Genesis 2

7And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Above we see the two elements man was created from. The dust of the ground the breath of life. The LORD placed the breath of life in man's nostrils, so we see what Job was referring to when he states "all the while my breath is in me & the spirit of ? is inmy nostrils. The "breath of life" is the "spirit" in his nostrils. Also note when that particular spirit entered man, "MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL", nothing was placed inside of man other than the spirit that entered into his nostrils. Let us also see what happens when this spirit leaves our nostrils , Job 34

14If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
15All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

So if the LORD withdraws the breath of life or the spirit of ? all flesh would perish & man would return to dust & will become a dead soul. Let us take a look at another form of the spirit. This spirit will provide us with eternal life. We will go to Paul's writings for this spirit, Keep this in mind, man is created of the breath of life & the dust of the ground. Two basic elements,no more no less.. Take heed, Romans 8

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of ? dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Paul added something else to man! This spirit dwells within us. So was Moses wrong when he wrote "man was formed from the dust of the ground & given the breath of life & man became a living soul?", So what does Paul mean by "if so be that the spirit of ? dwell in you." Notice something else he stated "if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his", so if this spirit does not dwell within us we are not the LORD's. Let's back up in this chptr & see if we can find out what Paul meant by this. Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul says, "after the spirit", but in v9 he states , "the spirit dwells within us", How can we be made free from the law of sin? Remember sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4), so if we are made free from the law of sin & have the spirit of life, all we have to do is simply stop committing willful sins! But what is this spirit that dwells within us & if we don't have this spirit we are not the LORD's? Let's go to the book of Ezekiel & see this spirit that dwells within us, we will see that the LORD is giving us an example on how this spirit dwells within us & what we should do to obtain this spirit. After reading we will se that Moses did not fail to inform us that man was brought into existence with only two basic elements, Ezekiel 2

1And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
2And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

Note what Ezekiel states "I will speak unto thee". When the LORD spoke to Ezekiel what happened? v2"the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me", So when the LORD spoke, the spirit entered into Ezekiel. Was this some type of possession ? NO! Let us go further in this chptr & see what this spirit was that entered into Ezekiel 2

3And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
4For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord ? .
5And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
6And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
7And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

So we see he was speaking to Ezekiel about the nation of Israel/Israelites, they are still to this day a rebellious house & will not hear the Word of the LORD due to religion & false doctrine, Notice in v7 it states "Thou shall speak my words" Ezekiel was told t speak what "thus says the LORD" not thus what says Ezekiel. But how did Ezekiel receive the knowledge of the LORD? Ezekiel 2

8But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
9And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
10And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without : and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

This is how Ezekiel obtained the knowledge of the LORD, by reading the book. Notice we have been given something material so that we can understand the spiritual concept. Notice v8 states "Hear what I say onto thee". How do we hear? With our ears, correct? But the next part of the verse states "Open thy mouth & eat that I give thee". Was this literal food that was given to him? No, Take a look at v9 again. "behold a hand was sent unto me, & lo, a roll of a book was therein, & he spread it before me, & it was written within & without, this is our example sister & brothers. How would a person eat a book? By reading it & consuming the words that are within. Let's go into the 3rd chptr & see what takes place next, Ezekiel 3

1Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
2So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
3And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
4And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.

Comments

• Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Note what was said "eat this roll & go speak unto the house of Israel" or in other words read this roll & then go unto the house of Israel & speak my words to them. If you call yourself a servant of ? & haven't read the book, how can you take whats written to other people? We must read HIS entire book for proper understanding unlike what's being taught in todays church, (take a verse & interpret it to make it fit your own beliefs). We are to speak the Word of ? & not our own thoughts/words. A similar account was given by the LORD in the book of John

John 6

58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
    59These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum

Whats meant by "he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever." In the book of Ezekiel the LORD says eat the roll correct? So what is this bread? Let's see exactly what this spirit is that Paul says "dwells within us" John 6

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So "the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, & they are life". Plain & simple the Word of ? is "spirit". So once Ezekiel was full of the spirit of ? , meaning the Word of ? he was able to speak the Word to others. Notice what Paul states in Colossians 3

16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Paul states "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom", So if the Word of ? dwell within us, what does that mean? The spirit of ? dwells within us! John chptr 6 & v63 states that the "words of the LORD are spirit", correct? Now we should understand what Paul meant in Romans the 8th chptr 9th verse. Where he states "the spirit of ? dwells in you", he simply means, the word of ? that dwells in us. Not a puff of smoke , as most are taught thru religion . So we see this "spirit" whichis the Word, will give us life eternal . Note what Christ says , Matthew 19

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, ? : but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So if we keep His commandments or His word or follow after His spirit as Paul states in Romans we will enter into eternal life & will be considered of the LORD. In this case the the word 'spirit" is the Word of ? . Now that we understand that spirit let us look into another spirit used in the bible, this spirit is part of an individual that feels, perceives, thinks, wills & especially reasons.
    Ezekiel 11
    19And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh :

Note what the verse says, "I will give them on heart & I will put a new spirit within you" What does one heart mean? Do we think with our hearts? No, a heart is a hollow muscular ? that cirulates blood throughout the body. The LORD simply meant like minded, or of one mind. What is this new spirit that will be placed into the children of Israel or anyone else that takes hold of the Word of ? ? Ezekiel 11
    20That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them : and they shall be my people, and I will be their ? .
    Note "They may walk in my statutes, & keep mine ordinances & do them" So the spirit that wil be placed in them is simply the Word of ? . Once this spirit is placed in a person what type of mind set will they have? Romans 8
    6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Remember what was stated in Matthew 19, "if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Thus we become spiritually minded if we keep the LORDs commandments. Note what Paul states next
    7Because the carnal mind is enmity against ? : for it is not subject to the law of ? , neither indeed can be.
    Why is a carnal minded person an enemy of ? ? A carnal minded person is simply not following after the spirit/word of ? . Note what Paul says in Romans 2

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before ? , but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    So if we not only hear but do the law we will be justified before ? & blessed in his deed (James 1:25), Once again what mind set will this person have? They will be spiritually minded & will be blessed indeed at the appearing of Christ, coming in His Kingdom. At that time we will receive our reward for following after the "spirit" (word) of ? . Take heed
    Psalm 51
    6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts : and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
    The LORD desires truth in our inward parts (hearts & mind) After obtaining the truth which is the Word of ? , wisdom will follow. Take heed Psalm 51
    10Create in me a clean heart, O ? ; and renew a right spirit within me.
    David states "renew a right spirit within me." Once we have this renewed spirit what will happen? Psalm 51
    13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Once we have renewed our spirit , or our thoughts of our mind, not being a forgetful hearer, but actually walking in the LORDs commandments, we will be able to teach transgressors/sinners the ways of the LORD & they will be converted to Him (unlike what religion teaches), here are a few more verses to conclude this "spirit".. Ephesians 4
    19Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
    20But ye have not so learned Christ;
    21If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
    22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
    23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
    24And that ye put on the new man, which after ? is created in righteousness and true holiness.
    25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Once we have this renewed spirits of our mind & put on the new man, we walk accordingly to the commandments which is righteousness & true holiness. Sure we all may commit some type of sin but the danger comes when a person is a practitioner of sin, one who willfully sin against the commandments. So this "spirit" is of the thoughts of our minds.
    Let us see yet another form of the "spirit" .. Judges 15
    17And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi.
    18And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?
    19But ? clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water thereout; and when he had ? , his spirit came again, and he revived : wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkore, which is in Lehi unto this day.

Samson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. He became thirsty so what happened? ? clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, & there came water thereout, & when he ? , his spirit came again & he was revived.. The form of the spirit in this case is simply being refreshed or brought back from weariness. Not an actual being possessing or entering his body. So far we have seen that the angels are spirits, the word of ? is a spirit & if we walk in this spirit we become spiritually minded meaning the thoughts of the mind are also called spirit. Now let's take a look at one other form of the spirit. Romans 8
    26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Note what was said in regards to "the spirit also helpeth our infirmities, we know not what we should pray for, but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us". What spirit is this that makes intercession for us? Before we get the answer let us read the next verse

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of ? .

we should have an idea who this spirit is, Who is he that searcheth the hearts & knoweth what is the mind of the spirit? Let's go go I Chronicles 28

8Now therefore in the sight of all Israel the congregation of the LORD, and in the audience of our ? , keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your ? : that ye may possess this good land, and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you for ever.

There is no escaping the keeping of the LORDs commandments (no matter what religion has taught) , next verse

9And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the ? of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts : if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

So who is this "HE" in Romans 8th chptr that searcheth the hearts & knoweth what is the mind of the spirit. What did it state in Chronicles? "for the LORD searcheth all hearts & understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts, if thou seek him, he will be found of thee".. How will the LORD be found in us? If His word dwells within us. So the "HE' in Romans 8 that knows the mind of the spirit is none other than the Father. But who is the spirit that makes intercession for the saints according to the will of the Father? Romans 8
    32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
    33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of ? 's elect? It is ? that justifieth.
    34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of ? , who also maketh intercession for us.

So the we see the spirit in the 27th verse is Christ who sits on the right hand of the Father & makes intercession for us. In this case the spirit is Jesus the son of ? .
    So we see the word "spirit" has different meanings according to scripture & it's very important for us to know the difference when that word is being used. That's why it's important we rightly divide the word, "For percept must be upon percept, precept upon precept, line upon line,line upon line, here a little & there a little". Isaiah 28:9-10
    Isaiah 8
    20To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    tl;dr

by the way, your mom makes a killer lasagna

Bro, I know it's pretty lengthy, but for those that want understanding of the Word, we must read, read, read... how come you think these "scc" speak on things that's not even in the bible? They don't read & then when they do they take stuff out of context when doing so... just like when we go to school to learn a subject we must study study study to get understanding of that subject, the Word of the Most High is no different.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Good read.

In the beginning of your post, you said (and the bible too) RENEW the earth. What does that mean? Is he renewing the old?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Good read.

In the beginning of your post, you said (and the bible too) RENEW the earth. What does that mean? Is he renewing the old?

even though the bible doesn't speak on dinosaurs & their creation, evidence is all around that they use to roam the earth, after they were destroyed along with the old earth, the renewing of the earth for our creation was made which is spoken of in Genesis. Just like w/the example given in regards to the flood, everyone & thing was destoryed except what was on the arc, but afterwards the Most High commanded them to be fruitful, & multiply & replenish the earth. Genesis 9:1.. The same commandment was given to Adam & Eve, Genesis 1:28
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You said the 'Word of ? ' is the spirit, correct? What exactly does that mean? Also, how does the 'Word of ? ' become FLESH? Jesus = ? OR Jesus = ? 's messenger. Jesus became, the 'Word of ? ' in flesh to spread the word?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You said the 'Word of ? ' is the spirit, correct? What exactly does that mean? Also, how does the 'Word of ? ' become FLESH? Jesus = ? OR Jesus = ? 's messenger. Jesus became, the 'Word of ? ' in flesh to spread the word?

The bible states that yes, that means that the words that are in the book are spirit in themselves that if we apply to our everyday living (not wilfully sinning & obeying the commandments) it will lead us into eternal salvation at its appointed time. (Judgment period). The Word of ? became flesh when one of the Elohim left their position & became man in the flesh to teach the will of the Father & to also spread the gospel of the Kingdom coming to earth at the same time, dying for the sins of the creation (since the animal scarifice couldn't do it for us). While in the flesh, Jesus was not ? , He didn't become ? the Son until after His ressurrection. But we also must understand that before He came into flesh, He was just ? /ELOHIM..This is why He stated to search the scriptures (Ot) they speak of Him. When in the flesh He didn't go by His hebrew name he went by the name of the Father (who sent Him) & once we understand the name which would be great amongst the gentiles (europeans) we find the name they (gentiles) call him, which is Jesus. since no europeans speak hebrew... also the gentiles were/are the ones that took over the word after destroying Jersusaleim in 70 ad & enslaving all the real priest/Israelites of the Most High... This is why religion is so contrary to what's written in the scriptures.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    There are several spirits in the pages of the bible. When we run across this word we must be able to define it at each instance. Once a person begins to understand the different types of spirits , & how the word spirit is used, all the guessing games will be alleviated. By properly dividing the scriptures, we will cut down on all of the confusion of an individual's creative ability.
    Let us begin in Genesis 1

1In the beginning ? created the heaven and the earth.
    2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of ? moved upon the face of the waters.

What did Moses mean by "the spirit of ? moved upon the face of the waters"?

Psalm 104:30
    30Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

What spirits are sent forth that they may create? What spirit is sent forth by the LORD that renewed the face of the earth? As we get understanding of scripture we learn that the LORD operates thru HIS angels (both evil & holy angels), In Genesis the LORD sent forth HIS spirit or HIS angel to create & renew the face of the earth as it also stated in Psalm 104... But why would Moses write "the spirit of ? " instead of angel? Let's go back to Psalms 104

4Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

We see the angels are made of spirits..This is why Moses wrote spirit & not angel. So the definiton or the portrayal of the word spirit in Genesis 1:2 is simply the "angel"/spirit of ? . Let's look at another form of the word "spirit" & how it is used, now ask does this refer to an angel or something else?

Job 27:1-3
    1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
    2As ? liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
    3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils;

What does the spirit represent in this set of scriptures? is it an angel living in Job's nostrils? Notice what else was stated "the Almighty , who hath vexed my soul." The "soul" what is it? Common belief is that the soul is inside of man. Let's go back to the creation of man & find out Genesis 2

7And the LORD ? formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Above we see the two elements man was created from. The dust of the ground the breath of life. The LORD placed the breath of life in man's nostrils, so we see what Job was referring to when he states "all the while my breath is in me & the spirit of ? is inmy nostrils. The "breath of life" is the "spirit" in his nostrils. Also note when that particular spirit entered man, "MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL", nothing was placed inside of man other than the spirit that entered into his nostrils. Let us also see what happens when this spirit leaves our nostrils , Job 34

14If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
    15All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

So if the LORD withdraws the breath of life or the spirit of ? all flesh would perish & man would return to dust & will become a dead soul. Let us take a look at another form of the spirit. This spirit will provide us with eternal life. We will go to Paul's writings for this spirit, Keep this in mind, man is created of the breath of life & the dust of the ground. Two basic elements,no more no less.. Take heed, Romans 8

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of ? dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Paul added something else to man! This spirit dwells within us. So was Moses wrong when he wrote "man was formed from the dust of the ground & given the breath of life & man became a living soul?", So what does Paul mean by "if so be that the spirit of ? dwell in you." Notice something else he stated "if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his", so if this spirit does not dwell within us we are not the LORD's. Let's back up in this chptr & see if we can find out what Paul meant by this. Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul says, "after the spirit", but in v9 he states , "the spirit dwells within us", How can we be made free from the law of sin? Remember sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4), so if we are made free from the law of sin & have the spirit of life, all we have to do is simply stop committing willful sins! But what is this spirit that dwells within us & if we don't have this spirit we are not the LORD's? Let's go to the book of Ezekiel & see this spirit that dwells within us, we will see that the LORD is giving us an example on how this spirit dwells within us & what we should do to obtain this spirit. After reading we will se that Moses did not fail to inform us that man was brought into existence with only two basic elements, Ezekiel 2

1And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
    2And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

Note what Ezekiel states "I will speak unto thee". When the LORD spoke to Ezekiel what happened? v2"the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me", So when the LORD spoke, the spirit entered into Ezekiel. Was this some type of possession ? NO! Let us go further in this chptr & see what this spirit was that entered into Ezekiel 2

3And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
    4For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord ? .
    5And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
    6And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
    7And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

So we see he was speaking to Ezekiel about the nation of Israel/Israelites, they are still to this day a rebellious house & will not hear the Word of the LORD due to religion & false doctrine, Notice in v7 it states "Thou shall speak my words" Ezekiel was told t speak what "thus says the LORD" not thus what says Ezekiel. But how did Ezekiel receive the knowledge of the LORD? Ezekiel 2

8But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
    9And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
    10And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without : and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

This is how Ezekiel obtained the knowledge of the LORD, by reading the book. Notice we have been given something material so that we can understand the spiritual concept. Notice v8 states "Hear what I say onto thee". How do we hear? With our ears, correct? But the next part of the verse states "Open thy mouth & eat that I give thee". Was this literal food that was given to him? No, Take a look at v9 again. "behold a hand was sent unto me, & lo, a roll of a book was therein, & he spread it before me, & it was written within & without, this is our example sister & brothers. How would a person eat a book? By reading it & consuming the words that are within. Let's go into the 3rd chptr & see what takes place next, Ezekiel 3

1Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
    2So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
    3And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
    4And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.

That’s an interesting take that you have on Genesis 1:2. So you believe it was an ‘angel’ or ‘angels’ that did the actual physical work of creation? You know, I am coming to believe the same exact thing.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That’s an interesting take that you have on Genesis 1:2. So you believe it was an ‘angel’ or ‘angels’ that did the actual physical work of creation? You know, I am coming to believe the same exact thing.

yessir!! Thats allgood bro, the scriptures give us an example on How the evil angels were commanded to destory egypt during the time when Israel was enslaved there, so just as their commanded to destroy they can also rebuild (replenish)... Ppl need to understand the job of the angel is to be servant (wheather they are holy or evil) to the commands of the Most High, the angel is not a ? (that's for general info, not directed at you, because we both know there is no 3 gods in the Godhead)

Peace Bro...
  • kids in america_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yessir!! Thats allgood bro, the scriptures give us an example on How the evil angels were commanded to destory egypt during the time when Israel was enslaved there, so just as their commanded to destroy they can also rebuild (replenish)... Ppl need to understand the job of the angel is to be servant (wheather they are holy or evil) to the commands of the Most High, the angel is not a ? (that's for general info, not directed at you, because we both know there is no 3 gods in the Godhead)

Peace Bro...

So you agree the Let “US” in Gen. 1:26 were ‘angels’ speaking amongst themselves? To me, it seems logical to interpret the verse that way. To my knowledge the Hebrew word translated '? ' in Gen. 1:26 is 'elohim'. 'elohim' can mean “mighty ones”.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So you agree the Let “US” in Gen. 1:26 were ‘angels’ speaking amongst themselves? To me, it seems logical to interpret the verse that way. To my knowledge the Hebrew word translated '? ' in Gen. 1:26 is 'elohim'. 'elohim' can mean “mighty ones”.

see that's thing, "Elohim" is reffering to ? & since we know angels aren't gods we were made in the image of the Father & the Son (US), known as the Elohim(Godhead) in the Ot.. Cause your right Elohim is more than one but all parties involved are equal.. that is until one became known as the Son & when the Son came into flesh, He advised us there is only one True ? (which is correct, since one left His position to become man & only the Father remained) & after Christ rose from the grave after 3 days & 3 nights, He became the Son of ? & all power was given to Him (the same power that He had before He became man).
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of ? : every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from ? ; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from ? ; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world."

In what sense is this spirit?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of ? : every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from ? ; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from ? ; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world."

In what sense is this spirit?

well based on the examples used to show the different spirits, the spirit that confesses would have to come from our thoughts which are spirit... or the spirit that does not confess would have to come from our thoughts as well. Its our thought process in this instance.
    Just like with Peter (just an example), didn't want Christ to die after Christ already told them he would be killed, Peter was not abiding to the will of the Father so Christ called him satan, (even though satan didn't take over his body, it was his thoughts that made him say what he said & in return Jesus put him in his place)
  • kids in america_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    see that's thing, "Elohim" is reffering to ? & since we know angels aren't gods we were made in the image of the Father & the Son (US), known as the Elohim(Godhead) in the Ot.. Cause your right Elohim is more than one but all parties involved are equal.. that is until one became known as the Son & when the Son came into flesh, He advised us there is only one True ? (which is correct, since one left His position to become man & only the Father remained) & after Christ rose from the grave after 3 days & 3 nights, He became the Son of ? & all power was given to Him (the same power that He had before He became man).

Therein lies the difference between our beliefs. I don’t believe in the literal ‘pre-existence’ belief that Jesus somehow came down from heaven and entered into Mary’s ? .

Ummm, in my opinion, the ‘biblical’ record of Jesus’ origins, conception and birth does not allow for the impression that he physically existed beforehand.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Therein lies the difference between our beliefs. I don’t believe in the literal ‘pre-existence’ belief that Jesus somehow came down from heaven and entered into Mary’s ? .

Ummm, in my opinion, the ‘biblical’ record of Jesus’ origins, conception and birth does not allow for the impression that he physically existed beforehand.

Hey that's cool w/me bro, it's always good to reason with each other without the bickering, so all can get some understanding on the matter... but when I say He was here before, I'm speaking on Him being in a spirit form not physical.