Religions are like roads..

Options
moongodthoth
moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
That all lead to the same place.

Why discriminate against different routes to finding ? ?

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    explain how religions that contradict each other can have the same meaning

for example

christianity says jesus is the ONLY way to heaven

islam says jesus is NOT the only way to heaven

explain, please, oh wise one
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    explain how religions that contradict each other can have the same meaning

for example

Spiritual enlightenment. If more so called religious people got out of the sports team mentality and actually pursued spiritual enlightenment, then they wouldn't have time to worry about who contradicts who.

Spiritual enlightenment takes a lifetime, why should the Christians be worried about what the Muslims believe? At the end of the day, ? is love. I'd like to think whoever or whatever he is, that's all he wants from everybody. And there is not one way to find love no matter what you believe in.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So what about polytheism? Hinduism has thousands of gods. Are they all the same as well?
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    So what about polytheism? Hinduism has thousands of gods. Are they all the same as well?

The basic principles yes. Spiritual enlightenment, and love.

Hinduism has thousands of gods that represent different attributes, Christianity has one that embodies all the attributes.

Religions are very intricate in their own rights, but I think the underlying messages are the same.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so basically your answer was "contradictions dont matter"

i'm sorry, i just like to apply LOGIC to ?

also, "spiritual enlightenment" is a meaningless catchphrase
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so basically your answer was "contradictions dont matter"

i'm sorry, i just like to apply LOGIC to ?

Spiritual enlightenment is unique to every individual so it is a bit ambiguous. It definitely transcends logic though. I guess logic would be bickering about things that don't matter in your case.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also, religion is probably the last area that requires logic.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

How you gonna say that when your enlightenment is weighed down by all that knowledge.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    for example
    don't they both say that the only way to heaven is through a religion that counts Jesus as an important religious figure?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also, religion is probably the last area that requires logic.

Stupid comment.Without logic,nothing would be here.The science of life uses logic to create off spring and plant life.Every thing that you can interact with physically can be proven through a logical explaination.Religion can not be explained through logic,there for it is called a Theory.any thing that exists can be proven except ? .
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Stupid comment.Without logic,nothing would be here.The science of life uses logic to create off spring and plant life.Every thing that you can interact with physically can be proven through a logical explaination.Religion can not be explained through logic,there for it is called a Theory.any thing that exists can be proven except ? .
    Lol you say stupid comment then reiterate what I said.

Religion requires faith not logic. A scientist or logical thinker cannot make sense of the majority of holy scriptures.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol you say stupid comment then reiterate what I said.

Religion requires faith not logic. A scientist or logical thinker cannot make sense of the majority of holy scriptures.

If that's true than how can less than intelligent people understand the Bible? How does a Preacher understand it? What's the point of reading and believing in something that does not make logical sense? Got cha! Religious beliefs are theories -faith is not based in reality or facts- which are not proven to be true.If it can not be explained or proven,then it does not exist.No one who died has ever came back so how can you believe that Heaven exists? Religious people are brainwashed by what people wrote in a book.That is stupid.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Logic may help explain why things exist, but logic can't create anything on it's own.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If that's true than how can less than intelligent people understand the Bible? How does a Preacher understand it? What's the point of reading and believing in something that does not make logical sense? Got cha! Religious beliefs are theories -faith is not based in reality or facts- which are not proven to be true.If it can not be explained or proven,then it does not exist.No one who died has ever came back so how can you believe that Heaven exists? Religious people are brainwashed by what people wrote in a book.That is stupid.
    Religion is to be interpreted by the individual. I agree that a lot of people that follow religion are brainwashed. Going to church and listening to a guy on the stage interpret the scriptures for you is not the path to enlightenment imo.

I see religion as sources of wisdom. In my life I will study all religions, mysticism, philosophy, ect. From the Egyptian book of the Dead, to the Zohar. In my eyes they all carry valuable information.

The brainwashing comes in when you declare that your religion is true and every other religion is false, which you have no grounds of doing so seeing as the majority of people have never studied more than one religion.

I believe the key is to become a synthesis of science and religion. Any information whether logical or spiritual contains value and is relevant.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also, to be completely logical in your thinking would be to suck the miraculous out of the life experience. There are many things that cannot be explained logically but does that make it any less real? And if so then why?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That all lead to the same place.

Why discriminate against different routes to finding ? ?

i love folk who hold this view^

you talking about reaching heaven. and what's interesting is you say all religion lead to the same place but, the truth of the matter is, you can't see that far. The one person that can see that far already gave us all the same one road map to use to reach heaven. The road map He gave us is narrow. He warned us all to stay on the narrow path. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) There it is. Fair warning. Clear as day. That is reason enough, and why we should discriminate against using 'different routes' to heaven.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited December 2010
    Options

Wow I almost misread your post and called you an idiot lol ...but great post.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i love folk who hold this view^

you talking about reaching heaven. and what's interesting is you say all religion lead to the same place but, the truth of the matter is, you can't see that far. The one person that can see that far already gave us all the same one road map to use to reach heaven. The road map He gave us is narrow. He warned us all to stay on the narrow path. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) There it is. Fair warning. Clear as day. That is reason enough, and why we should discriminate against using 'different routes' to heaven.
    First off I said nothing about heaven. Personally I think earth is heaven or hell, depending on what you make it.

If your a Christian your an Egyptologist. Know your history bruh. Instead of closing off other sources of wisdom, consider all of them and synthesize your own beliefs.

Unless your afraid that if you don't follow your religion you will be struck down and sent to hell.

Like they say, fear is the best method to control people.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's the point, the bible was intentionally vague so the reader can interpret it himself.

As far as believing something that does not make logical sense that's up to you. To me, only believing in logic is just as much as a prison as strictly following a religion without question.

Personally, I have experienced things that cannot be defined by logic, so I have a more open acceptance of things that cannot be proved by analyzing data.

The problem with science and logic is you put all you power into technology to do the thinking for you. If something cannot be broken down into hard data and analyzed then I guess it doesn't exist or it isn't worth looking into right?

Merely another form of brainwashing.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Not really. How did the very first person get here logically without some type of supernatural intervention? By the way, the Big Bang or any other scientific explanation does not count to me when you are trying to explain how the 1st person got here logically because it does not make sense to me.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    First off I said nothing about heaven. Personally I think earth is heaven or hell, depending on what you make it.

If your a Christian your an Egyptologist. Know your history bruh. Instead of closing off other sources of wisdom, consider all of them and synthesize your own beliefs.
    u said 'finding ? ', no? why would someone want to find ? ? to reach heaven, right? so yea, that's what u really talking about (regardless of what u say u meant). There's only one ultimate reason to seek ? .

if religion is all about just picking what we want, then i guess what u saying would be fine. but religion is about one person - Jesus. where u gonna run into problems is with the hard-edged lines Jesus drew.

and me, I don't close myself off to other sources of knowledge or wisdom (knowledge isn't perfect btw). But keep the human wisdom human, and ? 's wisdom is ? . I don't mix the two. And I made a thread a few weeks ago about how human wisdom doesn't save. It has more detail. any religious text outside of what comes from the word of ? is written by human wisdom. looking into man's text may be okay, but what does that have to do with what's written in the Bible???
    Unless your afraid that if you don't follow your religion you will be struck down and sent to hell.

Like they say, fear is the best method to control people.
    Fear is what gets the person to turn to ? , and after that, love may be what keeps them there.
  • moongodthoth
    edited December 2010
    Options
    u said 'finding ? ', no? why would someone want to find ? ? to reach heaven, right? so yea, that's what u really talking about (regardless of what u say u meant). There's only one ultimate reason to seek ? .

if religion is all about just picking what we want, then i guess what u saying would be fine. but religion is about one person - Jesus. where u gonna run into problems is with the hard-edged lines Jesus drew.

and me, I don't close myself off to other sources of knowledge or wisdom (knowledge isn't perfect btw). But keep the human wisdom human, and ? 's wisdom is ? . I don't mix the two. And I made a thread a few weeks ago about how human wisdom doesn't save. It has more detail. any religious text outside of what comes from the word of ? is written by human wisdom. looking into man's text may be okay, but what does that have to do with what's written in the Bible???

Fear is what gets the person to turn to ? , and after that, love may be what keeps them there.
    So who wrote this bible you so dogmatically claim to be the only route?

Why is it that parallel stories of Jesus Christ are found in several different religions?

Why is it that the Bilble has been altered several times?

Why is it in the oldest original bible the Tanakh, instead of ? "made man in his own image" it states the Gods "made man in their own image"?

Why in the Bible did ? tell Adam and Eve if they eat the fruit they will surely die, yet they did not die after they ate it? Your ? told a lie?

Why is it that the vast majority of holy scriptures were excluded from your bible? What was written that they did not want the masses to know?

Who are the nephilim the bible so vaguely speaks of that were supposedly the original man but were too intelligent to the point of questioning the dogmatism of ? ?

I could go on and on. You claim this book is the only way yet what do you really know about this book? Were you told to follow this book, and this book only?

I don't care what any book says. If you use fear to try to control me, or make me believe in something I will never follow you.

The ? I know knows love, and only love.

The ? I know does not need man to bow down to him, because he is already aware of his greatness and divinity.

The ? I know does not mass murder people over and over again like he does in your book.

I'm not going to blindly follow what some book says because I am told to. I will however study it and assimilate whatever worth it has in my eyes.

Also, I love how traditional Christianity loves to take power away from the individual. They claim heaven is in the sky. Look up to the sky. It breeds victims. People who wait around for some superman to come save them.

? that, heaven is within me and everybody else. It's not easy to access because we have been brainwashed and manipulated for so long that we are constantly looking outside of our selves for the answer.

I've accessed the Kundalini so I know what it feels like. To become one with the universe. However you'd never experience this because your too busy looking outside of yourself.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Summation of holy books:

Be a good person

The end.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i've wondered this even as a child. i know growing up in a baptist church, i was told u can't just be a good person. if u haven't actually accepted jesus into your heart then u still goin to hell. and i used to ask what about someone who maybe wasn't exposed to christ but just had a good heart, helped people, tried his best to always do the right things, etc but never officially accepted christ into his heart and i was told they would still go to hell lol. i don't know man, im still a bit confused about the whoe thing.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Respecting peoples right to their own beliefs is very unChristian so I angered one today when I said "Happy Holidays."